German aircrash

Andrew

OMG, I don't follow the speculation usually but got the News on and they are saying the chap had an SIC notice on his licence recommending he be checked regularly for mental health issues!!!

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

And the investigaters have found something of signifigance concerning him in his parents house ?

And he was once stopped from flying for 6+ months ? according to reports, because of depresion.

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

Maybe the message was for one particular person, like a girlfriend who had chucked him. An element of the "look what you've made me do" syndrome, ie the more drastic the action the more strident the message.

..or for whatever other reason, decides to commit suicide. As for "why take another 149 with you?" . ..... unfortunately, would-be suicides are not noted for their public spirit.

True. I have a lot of sympathy for the clinically depressed, and I can accept that causing a holdup on the Tube or closing a motorway aren't big priorities for someone who is in the process of committing suicide. But to kill so many other people - that's just beyond my comprehension.

Was trying to limit the reply, which could be varied according to time frame and type, I could reply that there was (x) at one time,

Pilot, Copilot, Navigator, Radio Operator, BombAimer, Rear Gunner, Belly Gunner, Mid Upper Gunner, etc etc etc.... That would be a little (insert word here!) Navigators not been around for a long time, 3 Crew although there was a 'jump seat' this was often used to transport Aircrew on the cheap.

I was trying to keep it limited to Civil Aviation. Flight Engineers and Navigators were still around up until the '70s. I have no idea when jump seats were removed, but there is no room in a modern jet airliner cockpit for jump seats. There is barely room for the 2 pilots. Edited by corydoras

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

I was trying to keep it limited to Civil Aviation. Flight Engineers and Navigators were still around up until the '70s. I have no idea when jump seats were removed, but there is no room in a modern jet airliner cockpit for jump seats. There is barely room for the 2 pilots.

In my post which you comment on I was answering a direct question which was "I thought there were three!"

• Like 1

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

Computers already fly planes. Pretty soon the crew will consist of a pilot and a dog.

The pilot is there to feed the dog

The dog is there to bite the pilot if he tries to touch the controls.

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

Computers already fly planes. Pretty soon the crew will consist of a pilot and a dog.

The pilot is there to feed the dog

The dog is there to bite the pilot if he tries to touch the controls.

The dog would have to be contained within a crate, certified as suitable per CAA regulations!

The Pilot and the dog would have to eat different meals, would be difficult in some Countries where the Pilot would eat the dog.

So if a steward was standing in there with the co-pilot it would not have happened?. Somebody who is that committed it would have made no difference.

It's a one off and its sad very sad but it's a risk in life that you are just not that one in millions that it happens to you

Edited by Dave H
  • Like 1

There is not one thing different between ideology and religeon

So if a steward was standing in there with the co-pilot it would not have happened?. Somebody who is that committed it would have made no difference.

It's a one off and its sad very sad but it's a risk in life that you are just not that one in millions that it happens to you

It's all so terribly sad Dave, Only other time it is factually known of similar there were both crew in the Cabin, one wanted to die and the other didn't, in simple terms the guy who wanted to die was bigger and stronger than the other!

A stewardess in Cabin might not have stopped it, but obviously the guy waited till he was alone so it's a guess, but Pilot would only have to turn a dial or two and all would be fine.