German aircrash

Andrew

Bucket and chuck it out the window same as on a boat, what do you think?

I suppose they could summon the Senior Steward/ess to the cabin who remains their to open the door on the Crew members return, not fool proof, but better than nothing.

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

We'll probably never know why he did it, but my god it makes me shiver.

They descended from 38,000 feet as if it was a planned descent into an airport and flew at top speed into a mountain - and it took them 8 minutes from start to finish. What must those poor people have gone through in those 8 minutes, hearing the pilot hammering on the door trying to get into the cockpit.

Just imagine the realisation when you look out the window and realise you're going to die horribly and very shortly.

It's just beyond comprehension.

Our chief weapon is surprise

I don't remember the name for it, is it a narsasist or something like that, heard it applied to Serial Killers and the like, need to do something with some weird desire to get their name up in lights even for something abhorrent.

There were lots of changes that lead to the incident, all driven by external forces bar a few driven by commerce.

My thoughts are with those who lost loved ones, especially the children robbed of life for whatever reason, very sad.

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

The problem wasn't the pilot leaving the cockpit but the fact he could not get back in.

There should be a keypad with a pin so that a member of the crew could gain access to the cockpit should an emergency arise.

I always thought that there were 3 crew members in the cockpit...

The problem wasn't the pilot leaving the cockpit but the fact he could not get back in.

There should be a keypad with a pin so that a member of the crew could gain access to the cockpit should an emergency arise.

9/11 put a stop to that.

There is barely room for two.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

There used to be three crew, Pilot, Co & Flight Engineer. Engineer's were replaced by Computer monitoring systems.

As Cory said the Reinforced door (there always was a door) was post 9/11 and very necessary, there are two methods of gaining emergency entry, one is a keypad over-ride on the passenger side of the door, but this over-ride was put in place to counter a possible incapacity of Pilot. Unfortunately there is a danger that a Crew Member might be forced to operate it by an assailant, so there is an over ride of the over ride inside the cockpit which was probably used in this case.

Also, on the passenger compartment side is a concealed Axe which can be used by the crew to force the door, the door is strong enough to withstand this attempt for several minutes, giving the Crew long enough to alert the Authorities and limit the potential danger as much as possible.

There was nothing that the Crew could have done in those few minutes.

There used to be four. Pilot, co-pilot, flight engineer and flight navigator.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Well the way its been decreasing soon wont be any pilots left clever old computer to fly the plane ,can they become radicalised?? virus?

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

Unbelievable. What would possess someone to do something like that? It's not as if he appears to have had any message to send.

Maybe the message was for one particular person, like a girlfriend who had chucked him. An element of the "look what you've made me do" syndrome, ie the more drastic the action the more strident the message.

..or for whatever other reason, decides to commit suicide. As for "why take another 149 with you?" . ..... unfortunately, would-be suicides are not noted for their public spirit.

• Like 1

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

There used to be four. Pilot, co-pilot, flight engineer and flight navigator.

Was trying to limit the reply, which could be varied according to time frame and type, I could reply that there was (x) at one time,

Pilot, Copilot, Navigator, Radio Operator, BombAimer, Rear Gunner, Belly Gunner, Mid Upper Gunner, etc etc etc.... That would be a little (insert word here!) Navigators not been around for a long time, 3 Crew although there was a 'jump seat' this was often used to transport Aircrew on the cheap.