2008_0801craig0051.jpg

chesterfield canal chesterfield

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest allibee

Lovely :(

Saw a program on National Geographic I think, a couple of years back. This 18 year old woman was having a swim off the coast of Argentina amid a lot of boats - think they were all marine biologists - and she was being filmed by someone from the very top crows nest thingy, and you actually saw a 15ft + Great White trundle up, have a nibble and leave. Obviously just tasting.

I don't think I'll ever be able to forget her screaming as it took her leg off to the hip in one deft bite. Then it just sauntered off again, the way it had come

She survived and finished her studies.

Well if they are daft enough to go swimming in areas where sharks patrol in the first place then what do they expect??

You wouldnt go for a walk in an area that's full of lions... would you????

Davy

"Skate Anglers Have Bigger Tackle"

Touche Davy...

You can't blame a shark for being and bahving like a shark...

Its like picking up a weaver fish and getting annoyed with it when it pricks your finger...

On the subject of lions etc. I remember staying in a lodge in Kenya where they had to put a sign out saying "Do not walk to the lodge on foot"!

I have the photo somewhere...

Kieran Hanrahan

Catch this release... www.sea-angling-ireland.org

Davy Holt:

Well, er, not exactly FULL of, but we have walked in lion country - its amazing how observant and alert it makes you :D:D

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

Davy Holt:

Had to, once. Got trapped on a walking trip on a safari holiday in Botswana, we were in a dugout canoe with a guide on the swamp and the way was blocked by a huge bull elephant having a long meal of bullrushes. We ended up having to walk at night through lion country back to the camp. I have never been so terrified. Recovered enough to go fishing a couple of days later though - caught a tiger fish on a lure. Great thrill. Pic on my web site photo album somewhere.

East Hampshire Boat Anglers www.boat-angling.co.uk

Any one see that program a couple of years ago, about a womman who took shark attack victims diving to feed reef sharks,to overcome their fears.

One bloke who had been bitten quite badly in the abdomen was feeding this shark and its teeth got caught in the chainmail glove he was wearing and managed to wrench it off, just as the glove came off anotherone came in and took two of his fingers off.

I nearly ****** myself laughing what an idiot.

As Quint said "never get out of the boat".

chappers:

Any one see that program a couple of years ago, about a womman who took shark attack victims diving to feed reef sharks,to overcome their fears.

One bloke who had been bitten quite badly in the abdomen was feeding this shark and its teeth got caught in the chainmail glove he was wearing and managed to wrench it off, just as the glove came off anotherone came in and took two of his fingers off.

:cool: The sheer stupidity of some members of the human race never fails to amaze me. I think a healthy respect(fear)of anythink that can kill you is sensible. If you have survived a shark attack, thank your blessings, or the Lord, or whatever you believe in, that you survived. Don't go and put yourselve in a situation where it can happen again. Don't push your luck, is a phrase that springs to mind. Fair enough if you are a fireman or soldier you have to do it, but, feed sharks to, "overcome a fear of sharks", no way. I treat sharks, cobras, tigers with respect,(fear of)and never do anything I don't have to around them. That includes women with PMT and a knife.

:P

As Quint said "never get out of the boat".