Not having a good week

Cameraman

Hi guys,

Just thought i'd post some pics of todays fiasco. I train and assess HGV drivers for a living along with my Son.

Yesterday in an incident, whilst supervising a trainee my Son trapped and lost the tip of his little finger. (no pics LOL)

Today whilst carrying out an assesment the driver turned the vehicle over, and although I'm not seriously injured am covered in cuts and bruises, and am stiffening up somewhat. Whilst waiting for the ambulance to take me away I took several pictures, you can even see me in the reflection on one, in the top right of the windscreen(all dressed in orange hi vis). Any way heres the pics:

1.jpg

2.jpg

9.jpg

If all else fails, follow the intructions.

Glad to hear you got out with just cuts and bruises, sorry to hear about your son's accident as well :(

I don't remember who originally posted this photo on here but it's worth posting again.... :rolleyes:

post-40-1172770236_thumb.jpg

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.

this is weird, sorry to hear about your sons finger.

i was having a smoke out the bedroom window last night (dont like to go to sleep smelling smoke) i can see directly onto the motorway at the exit a 20ft lorrie had stopped about 5ft after the exit. i see him sitting there with the hazard lights on and then suddnely he starts to reverse so he could get down the exit. i was amazed at the balls of the guy who coulda caused a huge accident and felt like shouting, if i had binoculars id get his regy :angry:

just out of curiosity how on earth did he flip the truck ? :blink:

Edited by Andy_1984

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

Well they say it comes in 3s, so i'm firmly indoors today, so is my son.

I think its fair to say he failed his assesement, and will not be driving for that firm again!

He flipped it by raising a wheel, clipping the roundabout. Too fast for road conditions and inattention to load carried. 26 tons loaded these are constantly moving loads and need a steady hand eye co ordination, especially on roundabouts with changing of direction and road camber. A speed of 10 mph may not sound excessive, but considering it tipped over at this speed, then it is. Unfortunatly many non English speaking drivers have a nasty habit of dipping the clutch on corners and roundabouts (they are taught this way in Eastern Eorope). To our standards it is vehicle out of control, as was proved here.

and i'm blummin sore and stiff today LOL

If all else fails, follow the intructions.

Flipping heck, what a week indeed!

Hope you're fully recovered soon.

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

why was he being assest in a loaded jagger in the first place

hope both you and your son are well soon.

Edited by pumphypete

cpranim.gif

15/06/12 PB Perch 3 lb 10 oz 03/03/11 Common Carp 23lb 6 oz 05/06/12 Sturgeon 7 lb 13 oz 06/06/12 Mirror Carp 21 lb 2 oz

09/03/13 PB PIKE 27 lb 9 ozARNO3010CustomImage1086535.gif

Bloody hell Cameraman. Glad to hear you're ok but it must have given you both a scare. you say it had a full load? Wow, they carry a half load for tests here (I think). I drive a heavy rigid at work and get some heavy loads. It even has a mezanine floor so sometime there can be a bit of weight up high but I;ve never come close to puttin it on its side. Some folk just have no idea do they.

HB.

rb_getcreative.gif

Pleased you are ok Camerman. Looks like a close shave :headhurt::headhurt:

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy