Contract Mobiles

Andy_1984

contract mobiles, headache or managable  

6 members have voted

1. 1. contract phones, are they worth it ?

• NO! total nightmare they scam you everyway they can
    • what you describe is a good deal, go with it

boss is doing away with our company mobiles which means no more free calls for me as we will now be using office landline so im thinking of getting my own contract mobile phone from O2 i dont have a house phone as that costs more than pay as you go mobiles.

currently i can get a superb mobile but the tarrif is:

£40 a month,

Inclusive minutes, any UK network1 = 1000 ( huh ? does that mean i can use them any time of day not just 7pm to 7am )

full details here

the phone itsself is a little cracker

3915-3.jpg

with built in gps, wifi, er thats about all i like just now but has a lot of cool little addons one of wich is the hand writing recognition that i have on my old phone but only does 1 letter a time unlike the xda which can proccess entire words and short sentances.

they cost about £500

never having a contract phone im a little hesitant that its gonna be as easy as £40 a month plus call charges (providing i dont go over 1000 minutes a month) im sure they will find some way to make it like £50 or even £60 a month

anyone with any knowledge of crantract mobiles give me the laments breakdown and things to watch out for.

also i think i have 2 outstanding direct debits from internet providers. the so called free trials you get from aol, 3 months gone by the send a letter with the small print fully printed that you need to cancel it after the trial ends so thats about £12, other is nildram i never payed them the £23 for my internet and neverwill because of poor service

would they refuse me if im black listed because of these 2 ? if so im not gonna go get a red neck

Edited by Andy_1984

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

Unless it's a perk through work, if you have a contract phone you must either be fasion obsessed about having a phone that you can't afford or you use the thing more than is healthy.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Unless it's a perk through work, if you have a contract phone you must either be fasion obsessed about having a phone that you can't afford or you use the thing more than is healthy.

i hate using mobiles as a fashion accessory but for my line of work pda phones are a life saver, meetings, appointments, viewings, any kind of reminder, actualy trying to find my way to a property ive never been to aswel digging around in the briefcase for the map is realy embarasing you know, suprise inspections using the built in camera, having word documents on the phone that i have to carry around in a briefcase, i tell ya my old pda phone is like a mobile office most of the time although its not windows based it cant do alot except tell me i have a viewing and a very primitive jotter.

take the phone out of the equation for now, im only internested on tariff and if im gonna get screwed for hundreds of pounds a month

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

If you have CCJ's against you they may not want to give you a contract but I wouldn't know for sure. Be wary however of thinking that it really will be cheaper than a landline. I guess it depends how much you use it but you'd be doing very well I recon to really end up paying less.

Ron.

I've had contract mobiles for over 10 years. Tarriffs come down not up. You are tying in to a contract for 12 months at a set rate. At the end of 12 months if they change the rate you are free to go....you can't lose your rate during the contract. Usually they will give you a free upgrade to stay another 12 months. My provider also tells me if a better tarrif rate/contract is available through them for my usage. 2 years ago that saved me £15 a month. Go with it.

IF YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE THE BEST

Don't seek a second opinion.

http://www.anglingireland.info

Fish Paintings

Linocut fishy prints..

As nobody has answered your question on the tariff. You will be able to use your minutes at anytime to call any mobile or landline. I see this is an 18 month contract, I would shop about and see if you can get a 12 month one. Vodafone offered me a great deal not long back, which o2 matched to keep me. Also remember that you are able to upgrade or cancel your contract a month before your contract finshes so effectivly you are entering an 11 or 17 month contract. I always upgrade a month before and look for better deals than I am on, which I have always had matched or bettered.

Paul

Hi Andy, I'm the same as Seph, I've had a contract phone for over 10 years and always shop around when it's due to expire. Your one looks pretty good, what sort of phone have you got with it ?

Ian

"If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving isn't for you"

For any small businesses T-Mobile do an excellent plan

We have 3 company mobiles, free cross minutes between the handsets (unlimited) - very handy, free calls to the shop number (handy), and I think 500 minutes x-net split between the three phones (since we use them in the main for calling each other, which doesn't come off the x-net then 500 minutes seems to be about right).

We got one exceptional phony (a sony, cannot remember the model) and two standard nokia efforts.

Total cost of the phones: FREE, contract price: £45 per month

Truly a bargain for a small company.

Ian W

I'm on a tarriff and wouldn't dream of going pay-as-you-go.

I like to use my phone now, not just have it sitting around. I get 500 any network minutes, so I use it for nearly all of my calls. More and more, you'll find that you're calling mobile to mobile, which is expensive any other way.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Don't go the Carphone warehouse or any of the other independants. You will find that going direct to the mobile companies you'll get a better deal. Don't rush in, do some research first. X network calls can be used at any time, though read the small print.

Some offers from some suppliers ( those you see in the newspapers etc ) will include the handset, but make sure it is NOT re-conditioned, again read the small print.

Andrew Boyd