Rod licences are going to be a disaster to angling as we know it

big_cod

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I fully agree. Unfortunately this game was played as the commercial fisheries game always is played at the national and the EU level 'you go high I go low we meet somewhere in between'. Some did argued that RSA should claim the 55 cm in the first shot simply because of this rule of the game already set between the commercials, decision makers and managers. We all learn every day and I think RSA learned its lesson that being sensible and modest is not the best card to play first.

Hi fishingsfine

Crikey!! the penny has finaly dropped as it, same thing will probably happen to the golden mile proposal, the same old watering down will occur, along with any of the rest of the ideas contained in the strategy draft, cant blame people for being a bit worried can you realy as the reps dont realy seem to have an idea how to do deal with defra officials, dont get me to wrong, there probably is some very well educated and talented people representing the rsa but they may be lacking the right nowhow that is needed, it seems to me there attitude is to not ask for to much, which i think is a fundemental mistake that any ten year old school kid brought up on a council house estate could tell you, cheers.........

I Fish For Sport Not Me Belly

I don't see what all the fuss is about. Coarse anglers have had to have licences since the year dot so why shouldn't sea anglers ?

Indeed. And golfers. Maybe a Sunday football licence, and a jogging licence and a birdwatching licence and a paddling in the sea licence?

I don't agree with the coarse licence, but can just about swallow the argument that what it funds is worthwhile and wouldn't otherwise be funded. The proposed sea licence isn't going to improve the fishing, it's just a tax.

Here's a thought: the London Olympics (which I have absolutely no interest in) are going to cost 500 years worth of freshwater rod licence revenues.

Why do you need a rod licence to get bigger fish in the sea its just a complete load of ****s we have quotas in place to supposadly improve our fish stocks so what the hell paying for a licence is going to do it is just beyond beliefe licences will gain you nothing except a tax on angling in the sea i for one will not pay 1 pence to a into the coffers of this goverment for something that should be free for all and by the feed back i am getting there will be an armarda.

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

Again, Who are these so called representatives? If feelings are so strong then surley they need to named and shamed. Has anyone gone to the press about this (like the sun). Angling is the worlds largest participent sport, surley the people need to or even have a god damned right to know who these people are!

Please Please check this out!

http://www.justgiving.com/tacyedewick?ref=

Again, Who are these so called representatives? If feelings are so strong then surley they need to named and shamed. Has anyone gone to the press about this (like the sun). Angling is the worlds largest participent sport, surley the people need to or even have a god damned right to know who these people are!

I guess you can name and shame me then Sam. I'll hold my hand up and admit to being one of the treacherous dogs you all seem to want to put down.

I guess you can name and shame me then Sam. I'll hold my hand up and admit to being one of the treacherous dogs you all seem to want to put down.

Tut tut shame on you doc

I fish to live and live to fish.

Tut tut shame on you doc

Yeah well sad fact of life Peter, You've been to enough meetings with me to see just how I've misrepresented the views of anglers for my own selfish ends, and how I've underpinned the commercial fishermen with my hysterical anti-commercial views. :thumbs:

Perhaps it really is the time to let those in the know have a go, after all what do I know, I know nothing about angling (shore or boat) nothing about commercial fishing, nothing about boats, nothing about the marine environment or fish. I guess I was just deluding myself.

As I have now 'come out', its now time to disappear back into obscurity and crawl back under the rock from which I slithered a few years ago. :clap2::clap2:

No surely that can't be Sam - he's not allowed on here, the rules don't allow more than one account per person, and Sam's is suspended just about for ever...

Nick

...life

what's it all about...?

No surely that can't be Sam - he's not allowed on here, the rules don't allow more than one account per person, and Sam's is suspended just about for ever...

Are you sure about no one being allowed more than one account? I'm sure there was an angler on here the other day :clap2: pretending to be a commercial fisherman. :clap2:

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.