Rod licences are going to be a disaster to angling as we know it

big_cod

Guest challenge
I think they are too busy telling the French to do as we say not as we do, and those French boys are only trying to earn a living John, and what better way to save on fuel costs than to drag the net behind 2 boats not 1.

Is the above a reply to my post #36 glen?

What I was trying to state glen was that your real and best ally that you could have whished for in the fight against bag limits has been lost.

Arnold locker chaired the last consultation meeting at Scarborough and if you or any other Whitby angling enthusiast would have been bothered to of attended you would of heard support from the commercial sector. What was your family excuse this time? Fishing match? Not adequate time to sort out transportation? Not adequate notice? Or where you thinking of going by sea but weren’t quite sure if going up to Scarborough was the same as going down to Scarborough?

I did not attend because I knew my mate in the wheelchair accompanied by my mate fresh out of chemo and John Brennan would be there and they did not need me.

Regards.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Arnold locker chaired the last consultation meeting at Scarborough and if you or any other Whitby angling enthusiast would have been bothered to of attended you would of heard support from the commercial sector.

Challenge, if you'd been there you would also heard RSA openly supporting the local commercial sector on such issues as DEFRA's 20 year vision and how it conflicts with the CFP. The open access to the French pair fleet and impacts to our inshore fleet. Issues wrt seals. John wasn't the only RSA speaker, or do you conveniently forget that.

There is still a door that is not quite closed yet, it is not a one way stream, despite your assertion that it is.

Cheers

Doc

John,

You are the second person to throw a persons serious illness into this debate. Its not on. I am pleased your friend is out of chemo, its not a pleasant experience for the person or their family and friend's as I'm aware only too well. Why that piece of info belongs in this debate I aren't sure, Now leave it out.

Edited by glennk

I have read this thread several times and for the most part it dwells on the negative issues of a license not the positive arguments.

We currently hang our hat on an old and rusty nail with regards to our right to fish stocks.

Commercials have said and quite rightly we have to pay for our rights to fish in one way or another which gives us more of a right to the fish stocks.

If there are 1.5 to 2 million RSA rod licenses issued we will be in a far better position when it comes to access, rights to have a say in fish stock management and numerous other arguments.

It will turn us all into an enormous collective power that will be very difficult to ignore, where as now we are simply individuals indulging in a hobby which for far to many years has been swept aside by other stake holders.

To my mind the thinking body of commercial fishermen are dreading the thought of RSAs being in that position, and the none thinking body of commercial fishermen who state we should have a license are in for something of a shock.

OK the helmet is on and I am heading for the bunker. :rolleyes::lol::lol:

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

Guest challenge

Hello doc.

Andy straw gave me a full rundown on the meeting and he explained to me about the two way dialogue. I am pleased that there was so much common ground between commercial and recreational sectors at the meeting.

I know that john was not the only speaker there, I was just wondering what happened to the Whitby armada.

I would have loved to of been there but work commitments did not allow.

Regards.

Glen.

There’s a big difference between mentioning something personal about a friend and mentioning something personal about somebody you don’t even know. But I do get your point. I just wondered why so few attended from Whitby (including yourself and big cod) when it seams to be such a big subject on the airways. I know there must be some sort of explanation? Have you got other irons in the fire?

Talking about knocking things off, what ever happened to all those cartoon caricatures of somebody wearing classes that you and big cod where throwing about on this forum go to?

You couldn’t even start to understand the admiration and friendship that I have for slackline and darlick, so don’t even start to go there.

Regards.

Guest challenge
Posting a silly picture of a blown up smiley is a long way from trying to score points in the way you did above. I thought better of you than that. I think you summed it up in the word personnal, It doesn't belong in a debate about fishing.

What are you going on about? I wasn’t trying to score any points about anything. The point that I was trying to put over was that some people can make the effort if they want to.

You might of found the cartoons silly but I assure you that the person that they where pathetically aimed at didn’t. The pair of you should have hung your heads in shame.

If there are 1.5 to 2 million RSA rod licenses issued we will be in a far better position when it comes to access, rights to have a say in fish stock management and numerous other arguments.

It will turn us all into an enormous collective power that will be very difficult to ignore, where as now we are simply individuals indulging in a hobby which for far to many years has been swept aside by other stake holders.

To my mind the thinking body of commercial fishermen are dreading the thought of RSAs being in that position, and the none thinking body of commercial fishermen who state we should have a license are in for something of a shock.

Hi Ken

Enormous collective power and a say in fish stock management is O.K if those doing the talking are saying the right things.

If I was a commercial fisherman right now I wouldn't be at all bothered by anything RSA has to say.

Edited by Steve Coppolo

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.

They are obviously are or they wouldn't be mounting a legal challenge to the small mls rise on the Bass

You don't mean to say that they are trying to get it increased to 45cm by any chance to make it worthwhile?

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..