Spot the lie (friendly competition)

ayjay

You all are lovely cracy, I enjoy this topic very much, well some of my multiple personalities. :crazy: That way, I never feel lonely. I like chocolate frogs, eat them for breakfast - hmmmmm!

Hi Janet, nice to have you playing too. :thumbs:

Let's play:

4 Must be true, I've done that myself, when I was a little girl, that's why I have multiple personalities now. :spiteful:

3 Sounds like the lie, braking a rod casting out two maggots, that's why it must be true. :bangin:

2 Why should you have not breeded Zebra finches, it's maybe a bit uncomfortable, sitting on those eggs, but you have to sit on two anyway, a few more didn't make a diffrence. :rolleyes:

1 I've seen in google, that a PB tench is a fish and I suppose, that a Malteezer is a bait, that wouldn't usually catch this fish. So that could have happend. I caught a litle carp with spinner - unfortunaltely hooking it in the back. :cry:

So I'll pick 1, since I don't know, what a Malteezer is.

Edited by Patrizia

4ham55k.jpg

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got to be No. 4, no-one could be that stupid and end up as a mod on AN: could they?

Maltesers, swarthy little chocolate things from a small Mediterranean Island.(That last bit is a lie)

maltesers350x236wu9.jpg

Try your luck with these....

1. My PB tench was caught on a Malteezer.

2. I used to breed Zebra finches.

3. I've snapped a rod casting out a double maggot.

4. I have stuck my thumb in an empty light-socket to see if the power was on.

Ok, my reasoning is 1-3-4 sound so outrageous they might just well be true. Hence the saying ''fact is stranger than fiction''.

I too used to breed zebra finches and they dont like the cold and so i think would be hard to breed in your climate.

So its number 2 for me.

my mind not only wanders-- sometimes it leaves completely.

Updated 7/3/09

http://sites.google.com/site/pomfred/

Thanks for making me remember Malteezer. :oops: I ate them before, nice chocolate.

Edited by Patrizia

4ham55k.jpg

Well they've all gone, but here goes.

No 1. Could be, but more on that later.

No2. It's true, (now if you'd said Zebras....?) :wacko:

No 3. If this is true, then they must have been Yorkshire maggots, we breed 'em strong up here. :showoff:

No 4. Who hasn't? It could account for John being such a bright spark, :idea: (grovel, grovel, to a mod). :rolleyes:

I'll go for No1, because even on a commercial there's a limit to what they'll take.

Malteser anyone? :yucky::yucky:

post-8097-1174298595_thumb.jpg

John.

Edited by gozzer

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Having completed my experiment I have come to the conclusion that if a malteezer was used it would have been a super glue hair rig. :rolleyes::lol: Is it unlikely, well if you were using small boilies without success or had run out when the fish were biting well then a malteezer might well capture the heart of a hefty tench.

Breeding Zebra finches is not that uncommon, maybe a bit to plausible but I am going to live with it.

The breaking rod yes it happened just a coincident that the rod broke under the strain of two maggots.

Now if one had said "I stuck my finger in the light socket whilst changing a bulb" I would have gone with it, but as you said you stuck your finger in to see if the power was on, unless you were feeling suicidal or were extremely young I doubt if you would do that, have to admit this one gives me a few problems so despite thinking the Zebra finch one is the odd one out I am going with the finger in the light socket. :rolleyes::lol::lol: By the way was it on???

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

How's your daughter and grandchild doing Ken? Give them my best wishes :thumbs:

Now, any more guesses anyone? Please???

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.

How's your daughter and grandchild doing Ken? Give them my best wishes :thumbs:

Now, any more guesses anyone? Please???

After much pushing and shoving which went on until 1815hrs yesterday Emma produced a beautiful grandson weighing in at 8lb 3oz, Di her partner is as proud as proud could be, from what I saw yesterday evening all three are of to an excellent start.

Will pop some photos on a new thread later when I find the camera.

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

Let me be the first who conagratulates you to your newborn grandson. :clap2: Wonderful, when a baby arrives. :thumbs: My best wishes to all.

4ham55k.jpg