My Little Friend Died Today.

R.I.P. :(:(:(

-------------------

RIP-Logo.jpg

Edited by MrWiggly

The Older I get .. The better I was.

It's horrible when pets die :(

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Sorry to hear the news Mr Wriggly :(

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.

G'day Mr Wiggly,

I haven't posted on here for months, not that anybody has missed me, but had to respond to this. Sorry little whitey is no longer with us, I'm sure he was a great joy. I am commenting because I cannot believe how attached I have become to my little ferret Farken who was a Xmas gift, in such a short time. I had never owned a ferret b4 and was reading up on them, I read that if they get out they don't last 3 days because they can't fend for themselves. I interpreted this to mean that they don't have the ability to find their way home so have been very worried about him getting out and getting lost as he roams freely in the house, I could never put him in a cage and they are quite easy to toilet train. I also read that they take about a year to attach themselves to particular people. So when he got out the other night without either of us realising and we discovered him missing the next morning, I was VERY upset until Michael found him curled up asleep on the front doormat!!! What a relief. He was very subdued and cold and shivering, not his usual I will attack anything that moves self, and he put himself to bed and didn't come out until 5pm so he must have had a really huge adventure. The photo shows him holding a little dog that barks when you squueeze it and Farken shakes his head from side to side like an alligator with his little dog in his mouth. He is heavilly featured in many of my You Tube videos.

farkenresized.jpg

Edited by TubularBelle
I hate getting up early, I didn't even realise there were two 6 o'clocks in one day!

TB, always fancied a 'ferret' I remember 50+ years back my father used to keep them for catching rabbits. Fresh rabbit; meat supply after the war, my mums rabbit pie and rabbit stew were the 'best'!! The ferrets were never pets, but they were surprisingly friendly, even so? Despite dad not seeing them as pets, he used to treat them very well, working animals!

Dad used to keep them, usually two, in cages in the back yard, my bedroom over looked the yard, the ferrets used to make quite a din scratching on the wire cage fronts. Things would be different now, caged animals, no way! I have a problem with animal fur, cats especially, so ferrets??? Not prepared to find out, asama and I can go almost blind for up to 3 days!!! Strange, the allergy did not develop until I was 35 years old! Before it was sorted, went through 18 months of hell thinking I was heading for the 'hi jump'?

I have a dog, who fortunately, does not cause me a problem, little mongrel, with loads of character. Its tough when we loose pets, Oli' is my 4th dog, say it every time, "no more thats the last one" . . . big softy I am :rolleyes:

'Sutton W'

G'day Mr Wiggly,

I haven't posted on here for months, not that anybody has missed me,

Hi TB,

I mentioned in a thread on 'General Chat' about the disappearance of some of the posters, You were among the ones I was thinking of. (So your absence was noticed :) ). I thought that maybe Hellbelly had confiscated the camera, to lessen the competition. ;)

Oh, by the way I have to mention it before someone else does, (and I couldn't resist it :rolleyes: ).

But, talking about, "Farken the Ferret" might be misconstrued on this site. :o:whistling::whistling:;)

( Sorry Dave :headhurt: )

John.

Edited by gozzer

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Guest Ferret1959

I too had a couple of 'Farkin' ferrets.

Great pets and soft as butter.

I would love them as pets again but now I live in a smaller place I have no room.

It is a loss when pets die but the pleasure you have with them lives on.:)