Should We Have A Subscribers/Adult Forum

Elton

Guest Rabbit

Despite what some of you may think I do have a sense of humour but to have a closed door type of members only adult room would not do this site any favours at all. There is bound to be some sort of spill over to the main site, surely there is enough of these type of sites around anyway to satisfy the ones that have that sort of need.

Well run sites such as Barbel Fishing World, Maggot Drowners and so on dont feel the need to do it, why should AN sell out? Bit like having the Guardian with a page 3 daily nude.

Dont drop the standards Elton. :thumbs:

Edited by Rabbit

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I'm right in saying that no UK fishing website had a non-fishing forum section until I put one on Anglers' Net. Now they all have them ;)

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

I would love to be a mod for the adult forum when we get it. ;)

But I know as long as Newt has a hole in his RRRRR's it'll never happen. :lol: :lol:

why don't you stop trying to wind newt up newt ferret.

you have a short memory . you were given responsibility to run an adults only section on another site.

you made a right mess of it and caused a lot of trouble between other members.if elton has any sense you'd be the last person he'd choose as a mod.

sorry elton but i'm sick of reading ferrets posts continually chipping away at newt.

Looks like you have cracked it Elton...11for and 4 against so far.....and........11 of them seem willing to actually pay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (none of those 11 are contributors at the moment.

Den

Den,

As pointed out there is more than one 'contributor' in the yes pile mate, try a recount.

Rob.

Guest Rabbit

:rolleyes:

I think I'm right in saying that no UK fishing website had a non-fishing forum section until I put one on Anglers' Net. Now they all have them ;)

Elton this is the best site, no need to go down that road at all, Matchpool tried it and looked what happened.

I think any new member could possibly be put of in seeing that there is a Adult site. Not as if there is a shortage of those sites anyway (So I am told) :rolleyes:

Anglers Net does exatly what it says on the tin, (well with a side dish perhaps) but not a Vindaloo.

I don't see a problem with it, the old, old website used to have a secret handshake forum. B);)

We could all continue to talk about Gozzer and not have to bother with all those PM's :P

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

I'm with Den on this one, he put the argument against better than I could, I can see threads spilling over from one to another now, it could become a moderators minefield, I hope the guys are well clued up on legal matters, its a slippery slope Elton please don't go there.

Our perception of time as an orderly sequence of regular ticks and tocks has no relevance here in the alternative dimension that is fishing....... C.Yates

I'm with Den on this one, he put the argument against better than I could, I can see threads spilling over from one to another now, it could become a moderators minefield, I hope the guys are well clued up on legal matters, its a slippery slope Elton please don't go there.

I think people have the wrong end of the stick here - remove the word adult from the topic title. It's not meant to be some sort of pseudo p0rn site. I quote from Eltons original message

Whilst I have absolutely no intention whatsoever of having a forum that would be full of filth, I had envisaged having a protected area where contributors could chat in smaller numbers, if they wanted, as well as having a separate 'joke' forum in that area, for the more risqué stuff.

Rob.

Aye Rob, I know what's written and intended but you know as well as I do that an adult forum will open the door to adult themes and boundaries will be crossed.

I just believe there's no place for it on Anglers Net, that is my opinion.

Our perception of time as an orderly sequence of regular ticks and tocks has no relevance here in the alternative dimension that is fishing....... C.Yates