Should We Have A Subscribers/Adult Forum

Elton

Guest Ferret1959

The adult forum would have been a good idea but spose it would have it's knockers. ;)

Sorry. :)

Good point. There is material which is not allowed on the forum because it is of an adult nature. There is also material which is not allowed because it is hateful. I think it would need to be made clear that the difference between the adult forum and the normal forum would be only that it would allow the former, not the latter. In other words, in the example of racism, it shouldn't be tolerated any more than on the main forum.

I think it's unrealistic if anyone thinks that it will be a refuge where they can be "politically incorrect", as they would term it. "Adult" isn't the same as "anything goes".

Spot on. :clap2:

How about calling it a grown up forum for over 18's.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As you say its up to Elton but personally if the forum becomes inaccessible from work as has been suggested it might, and there is a 'leakage' of content which seems very likely, I would have to consider not bothering with it any more.

Ooh, hadn't thought of that - yes, it needs to be kept worksafe or I'll have nothing to do at lunchtime!

Like Fresh coffee? www.Bean14.com

The reason I'd like a forum for over 18's is to share funny stuff with like minded members of this site.

I have some mates on here who send links via pm but I'd like to share them on a forum.

Here's one for example.

http://www.dailymotion.com/related/777662/...es-size-song3/1

LOL, so what were really looking at is a 12 year old schoolboy humour forum.

tee hee hee, you said "stuff" snigger

Guest Ferret1959
LOL, so what were really looking at is a 12 year old schoolboy humour forum.

tee hee hee, you said "stuff" snigger

Don't all 12 year olds reckon they is adults innit? :lol:

Nearly spot on Ziggy, only my missus reckons they are about 13 year olds :)

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

In words of one syllable, no.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Oh well - it looks as if "the brigade" are going to win again, if the minority make as much noise as possible, they get their way, while the majority lose out.

Never mind Pc, prudism, straight laced or whatever - what has happened to DEMOCRACY?????

If you look at the postings, there are far more in favour than against - but who's making the most hooha over it!

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

Oh well - it looks as if "the brigade" are going to win again, if the minority make as much noise as possible, they get their way, while the majority lose out.

Never mind Pc, prudism, straight laced or whatever - what has happened to DEMOCRACY?????

If you look at the postings, there are far more in favour than against - but who's making the most hooha over it!

Kleinboet, Elton asked what we thought of the idea, I guess, to just get the general feeling on the subject.

It wasn't a poll, but if it had been? Then.........I've just done a quick count, (sad I know), and got 14 for and 22 against, and some not making a definate commitment either way.

It just seems that there are more for the idea, because they are the ones that have posted the most. ("the most hooha"?).

Disputes started on other forums (by adults), have accounted for a large number of posts. Because of this attitude some posters have, I think that a so called 'adult' forum would cause more problems than it would be worth.

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Thats rather a unique spin on this thread.

Go count the comments again. :rolleyes:

"I gotta go where its warm, I gotta fly to saint somewhere "