Brown’s 4x4 smokescreen hides non-green motoring Budget measures

Elton

This is the party of the future

http://www.omrlp.com/

I trust them much more than labour (New or Classic) and their policies make much more sense than the BNPs

(actually, I have a goldfish that makes more sense than the BNP)

Rock on :clap2:

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the party of the future

http://www.omrlp.com/

I trust them much more than labour (New or Classic) and their policies make much more sense than the BNPs

(actually, I have a goldfish that makes more sense than the BNP)

Rock on :clap2:

They're not the same without Screaming Lord Sutch :(

After reading some of their stuff, I've come to the conclusion, that chesters is a major contributor, and probably writes most of their speeches. ;)

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

What party does your goldfish stand for?

Vote Goldfish. :)

My goldfish has absolutely no principles and will lie, steal and cheat to get into power, so he's probably new Labour :yucky:

Having said that we have a salesman coming round tonight about double glazing, but I hear he does a few honours on the side so if I slip him a couple of quid you will have to call me lord sportsman in future :thumbs:

They're not the same without Screaming Lord Sutch :(

John.

Yes, I feel that their fiscal policy lacks some credibility these days, still, they could always do what New Labour did and steal one from the Conservatives :rolleyes:

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

Hi all

so diesel cars will face higher pricing?:)

its amazing,i`ve a peugeot 306 xnd and i get great mileage from it(even better with a 16inch cone filter)(strangly):)

and because i fill up less` but pollute more,i will be screw`d for it:(

i got this car to save money on fuel costs but with this fund thing comming about(maybe)it hasn`t got me any advantage at all!!!

its hard to see what the goverment is doing as all i can see happening is bigger(4x4)cars and smaller diesels will be pushed off the roads because it costs too much to own/let alone run them.

(insurance is higher for 4x4`s and going by the power `per cc `it will cost a fortune for people who find these 4x4`s usefull(not talking middle age women driving to school etc)

its got nowt to do with being GREEN i can safly say!!!!

i never vote,but if i did id NEVER vote labour and unless someone came into the public eye with some REAL balls i will never vote for these people.(calling people very loosly)

whats wrong with queen doing something OTHER than waving her tied hands and doing something RIGHT for HER country and rid us of these letches and just have legal advisors instead(police being unaffected etc)

this country(and the queen) need to realise these so called (speakers FOR the public)are greedy little bullys who dont give a rats about her or us ()just themselfs.

killroy maybe abit of a prat but sometimes old rules were never worth changing(some rules)

i like this country ,but i have to say it is sickening to see it dragged down further every year by these politicians.

the film gladiator has SOME similar traits I.E rome run by corrupt politians,just ignore the nutter ceasar(guy that suffocated his dad etc)

cannot see the queen going on a bender and doing acts of incest but at least its more entertaining than being slowly throttled by our system(and god knows what kinda world im leaving my kids to?:)not a damn nice one as far as i can see unless i somehow emergrate and find as country that isnt DISGUSTINGLY corrupt!!!

up the revoulution i say!!!

sod everyone else,do it anyway:)

sod duck season lets have tvla season!

capita beware(thiefs with badges)

e7b81d_666666.gif

anphotologo.jpg

“Whilst the increase in the maximum VED charge to £300 and ultimately £400 for the most polluting cars might have grabbed all the headlines, that rise actually impacts on relatively few car owners.

“However, the alignment of petrol VED with that of diesel is the real story in this Budget because it affects many millions of car owners with an increase well above inflation.”

I hear the sound of chickens coming home to roost...

There were plenty of people willing to jump on the bandwagon and support tax rises for other people based on what they drive, and now it's coming back to bite them on the arse. It's an infuriating aspect of the British psyche that you can get almost anything through as long as you convince people that they won't be the ones taking a hit in the wallet. Everyone wants better public services, so long as someone else pays for them. Preferably "the rich" where "the rich" actually means "anyone who earns more than me". First they came for the Chelsea tractors... <_<

I`m running a 4 x 4 just now and will continue to do so with glee. My only regret is that I aint got the cash to by a Humby or similar or the biggest gas guzzler I could find. Being self employed it aint any problem to claw back the extra road tax from the government but ten fold for their audacity and discrimination.

I`m all in favour of being environmentally friendly (to a degree) but I dig my heels in hard when I`m dictated to by some carrot munching, lettuce nibbling hippies who are more worried about what happens 50 or 100 years from now than they are about the present day.

I`d love to see some figures on how much atmospheric pollution it takes 4 x 4 users and other gas guzzlers and of course planes etc all lumped together for a year in comparison to what old mother nature can do in 5 minutes with, for example Mt St Helens.

The worlds been getting warmer and colder for millions of years and will continue to do so as long as it exists.

I`m quite sure I`ll have enough problems to worry about in the next few days with run of the mill life without getting overly up tight about what my great great grand kids may have to deal with.

Trust I`ll also now see all the politicians running around in Puntos and Fiestas instead of jags and mercs, stuff the lot of them.

Only a few years back it was cows farting that was damaging the ozone layer with their methane gas, (or was that Norrie :rolleyes: :rolleyes:) pleeeeeeease.

I don't actually pay road tax anymore!! ^_^

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

good question for everyone

whats the point of having a queen/king or royalty full stop if they never do anything GREAT anymore

same with fatcat politics like most of the voteable parties

maybe im just toooo old fashion`d but didnt the king/queen endever to please the masses in days of old

sorry slightly off topic ,but ties in for me

Edited by billy50000

sod everyone else,do it anyway:)

sod duck season lets have tvla season!

capita beware(thiefs with badges)

e7b81d_666666.gif

anphotologo.jpg

Lets be honest 400 quid ain't gonna make a jott of difference to someone who can afford a £30K car. My subaru is 4x4 but it doesn't fit into the top bracket but even if it did it wouldn't make me consider selling it and I can't believe it would to anybody else.

The big thing that most people find distasteful is that this is just a crass excuse to tax people in a discrimatory fashion. It wouldn't be as bad if these green taxes were going to be used for green solutions but of course they won't. They just get heaped into the coffers to be spent on all the usual things with no impact on the environment.

Rob.