New look Sea Angler mag

Toerag

Phil, I'm sure that the guys you will be fishing with ,will give you the benefit of their wisdom, as someone has done for them in the past.... :D:D ...hope its not me tho'..... you wont learn much.....

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Norrie:

Phil, I'm sure that the guys you will be fishing with ,will give you the benefit of their wisdom, as someone has done for them in the past.... :D:D ...hope its not me tho'.....

phil,

JOIN ANMC TODAY

Thanks to all for your positive replies, it's encouraging for a numpty like me to see that advice is readily available from the more experienced anglers out there.

I would most definitely appreciate a beginners section to the forum& could most certainly post quite a few questions on the message board!

I was expecting a roasting in your replies TBH & am pleasantly surprised I didn't get one!

Thanks for all your offers of advice & pointing me towards advice, websites etc. It's all very greatfully received :)

FearTheHands.gif

Knowing my luck if I were a buddhist I'd come back as myself ...

Beginner questions are fine in all sections of the forum.

And anyone who thinks roasting a poster for asking a 'beginner' question is a good idea can quickly find another forum where that is tolerated.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Guest jay_con

Too many people wont part with any info. I thought fishing was a sociable hobbey.

Everybody here was a beginner at some point and everybody here has asked beginner questions at some point. Anybody who denies that is a lier.

I like the new mag. Some interesting articles. The guys with the sboro reels, I see them often. Ive been beaten by them often too. the old guy is a great angler. Steve I'anson wasnt joking though in the last paragraph.

What happened to the coming months fishing section?

nice post fearthehands,

i buy total sea fishing as it keeps my skin nice & scaly.

most of us buy it for the same reasons we hang around tackle shops & look at the fish counter in tescos when we cant go fishing. its raining here & im making rigs, having just watched, predators, john wilson's fishing safari, fishing with henry etc.,

any fishy questions, no mater what, personal message me :)

The circulation of SA has been diminishing gradually over several years. People are mocking the magazine rather than praising it. I think that the majority of readers, if like me,enjoy drooling over pictures of specimen fish that somebody else has caught. The advice and fishing reports are repeats of aritcles from the corresponding month of the previous year. The adverts are overstated. Test reports on fishing equipment cannot be impatial or unbiased because of conflict of interest. Overall it's a very mixed up magazine. Fishing reports are out of date by the time the mag gets published. I've stopped buying it a long time ago. This is solely my opinion and each to their own.

Enfield North London