September meeting with Defra?

Steve Coppolo

Guest challenge
Ding - Dong.

Ring any bells this quote:

It has been brought to my attention on the Whitby Sea Anglers forum by Barramundi Bob that this thread is causing offence and in particular targeting one individual.

Why don't you do a really big topic Glenn and name it i don't like Leon as posted on the other web site, then we can all go fishing, or get back to discussing the politics if so desired, instead of bleat, bleat, bleat. Happy birthday btw.

Am with you now Barry. So barramundi bob is also glen K. :camera:

An administrator using his administrating privileges.

Sounds like an extremely strong case there your honour.

Still I think it’s all a ploy to try and increase viewing figures by all concerned. :fishing::bigemo_harabe_net-163:

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Leon, you are obviously a very political person but whether you are of any practical use to our cause is another question? i see a lot of rhetoric but not a lot of positive debate in terms of wining arguments. although you have an element of useful experience but I guess a big EGO to go with it. However I am not convinced that the anglers cause will be greatly enhanced by your presence, but that is my personal opinion so I await the response with interest

Bye the way my telly is French bought at Carrefours in muscat and most probably illegal in UK it should be if it is Frencch anywAY.

ENJOY YOUR WEEKEND

Cleeclive

I await contact from your solicitor .... - by some other bloke fer a change.

Strangely, if I say 'boo' like that, I get a warning shot from a bloke across the pond.

I think yer all mad, OK?

Settle down and take the Amitriptylene in the recommended doses.

(Not a lot of people can spell that ....)

B)

Leon, you are obviously a very political person but whether you are of any practical use to our cause is another question? i see a lot of rhetoric but not a lot of positive debate in terms of wining arguments. although you have an element of useful experience but I guess a big EGO to go with it. However I am not convinced that the anglers cause will be greatly enhanced by your presence, but that is my personal opinion so I await the response with interest

Bye the way my telly is French bought at Carrefours in muscat and most probably illegal in UK it should be if it is Frencch anywAY.

ENJOY YOUR WEEKEND

Cleeclive

Totally agree with the bit: positive debate in terms of wining (spelling) arguments.

He may well have a different opinion than you, is that a bad thing? Can you look at the meaning of ego- according to me it's self esteem, is that not a bad thing? Or was you offering a compliment? What is your cause, crusade?

For a change, why don't you ask the guy for his opinion on licences, bag limits.

My opinion fwiw all of the discussion for a very long time now, what has it actually achieved, ziltch if you look at what it has done to enhance sea angling, however, a lot of the suits bugg@rs don't have control over the rsa. YET.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

He may well have a different opinion than you, is that a bad thing?

Hello Barry

I can't speak for anyone else, but here are just a few of my own reasons for calling Leon to account on a few issues.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Of course that isn't a bad thing. The bad thing in this instance, though, is Leon takes his opinion and tells the suits that it's the same as ours. He's happy to let them believe he speaks for all of us, even though he knows damn well he doesn't. He also ignores questions that are asked of him and doesn't give people an opportunity to express their opinions, via him and the other misrepresentatives, if they don't suit his own. The RSA strategy was/is a classic example. The sea angling licence was another, (before anglers started kicking up). There are other, equally dangerous and unpopular proposals on the table at the moment, but, still, Leon chooses not to keep us informed and continues to ignore our questions. I have never experienced arrogance on the scale displayed by Leon and the rest of the (non) sea angling misrepresentatives. In my opinion, they have contributed directly to the mess that we are in right now - and are continuing to do so. Those leaked minutes, even though they are, apparently, a catalogue of errors, demonstrate that. Not just by what was said, but by what wasn't said. Leon & Co have been well out of their depth for a long time now and should have jacked it in at least 2 years ago.

Perhaps some people would prefer it if the same few incompetent and arrogant misrepresentatives continued to dig us a deeper and deeper hole, un hindered and un questioned?

Edited by Steve Coppolo

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.

Guest challenge

Leon, what was that bob Dylan song called where he said “if for just one time you could stand in side my shoes then you would know what a drag it is to know you” or words to that effect?

Big cod what was that Dylan song called where he says “how many times can a man turn his head and pretend that he just doesn’t see” was it blowing in the wind or something?

Hello Barry

I can't speak for anyone else, but here are just a few of my own reasons for calling Leon to account on a few issues.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Of course that isn't a bad thing. The bad thing in this instance, though, is Leon takes his opinion and tells the suits that it's the same as ours. He's happy to let them believe he speaks for all of us, even though he knows damn well he doesn't. He also ignores questions that are asked of him and doesn't give people an opportunity to express their opinions, via him and the other misrepresentatives, if they don't suit his own. The RSA strategy was/is a classic example. The sea angling licence was another, (before anglers started kicking up). There are other, equally dangerous and unpopular proposals on the table at the moment, but, still, Leon chooses not to keep us informed and continues to ignore our questions. I have never experienced arrogance on the scale displayed by Leon and the rest of the (non) sea angling misrepresentatives. In my opinion, they have contributed directly to the mess that we are in right now - and are continuing to do so. Those leaked minutes, even though they are, apparently, a catalogue of errors, demonstrate that. Not just by what was said, but by what wasn't said. Leon & Co have been well out of their depth for a long time now and should have jacked it in at least 2 years ago.

Perhaps some people would prefer it if the same few incompetent and arrogant misrepresentatives continued to dig us a deeper and deeper hole, un hindered and un questioned?

Morning Steve.

The way you emotivly put it continually , deeper and deeper and deeper into the mire etc etc etc, just how many issues are we looking at here regarding the rsa. Yes i know we have to try and get defra and the eu from managing the managers to manage the rsa management. The questions are bag limits, licences. Why do you want someone to rep you for these questions, why can't you ask them directly for yourself. Does Leon really rep you. If you think it is as bad as you are trying to portray it why don't you step up. Go for it.

We have all had a chance of our say regarding the shape of the rsa. I know i have and i have done so. If it achieves something who knows. Thats for the suits to tell us. If we don't like it then we tell them so.

Can't speak for the man himself but i do know the answer as to why you are being ignored, we all do, personally i don't blame him. Don't you feel you wish to rise above that and move on or are we going to see a have a go at Leon at all costs and for the next few years as well, regardless of the subject matter.

Don't you agree if A T works out and it is a big if, the likes of sacn will not matter in any event and i don't mean anything derogatory by saying that. So why keep on, we know and have known your personal opinion of just one rep, yet you keep on refering to the reps, who else is in the firing line.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Just want to add a few observations about minutes and recored versions of events if I can without getting embroiled in personalities

For those that have'nt had any experience of formal structured meetings there is a recognised procedure of note taking recording all the pertinant and important points of discussion that are then distriduted to all attendees (including those who for whatever reason could not attend that meeting)

These are draft notes and are not official minutes of meetings and should not be taken as so, they are simply issued to all attendees so that if there is anything in there that is not accurate or if anything has been ommitted by mistake then there is time to correct it before an official version is published by whatever committee happens to be running the show

Its only after a formal meeting of a parent committee takes place that a formal adoption and publication of the preceeding meeting is published , there's nothing new or secretive in that,so its really just me saying Leons recant of minutes and timetables is accurate as he has previously stated

All committees that have either spending or decision making accountabilities work in the above way, even our local Fire Brigade works the same way and they're pretty open and not the most revolutionary bunch of individuals you'd ever meet

I'm not into conspirasy theories so just thought I'd share the above process without endorsing or supporting any viewpoint or indvidual, my own opinions have been recorded on here before when various plans and proposals were first floated

Richard Ferre is equally in the line Barry. As already mentioned it is an outright lie to say members of the angling Trust exclusively practice catch and release. It isnt true. Hes another lyer.

As for how long I will protest. It will be as long as it takes. Ive noticed on here of late quite a few other people have had the eureka moment. Maybe one day you will too. Im hard faced enough to continue until I'm thrown off here or until we get some representation from someone who will actually look after sea anglers rather than their own political aspirations. I do it because I think I am right and because I enjoy my fishing and access to the coastline the way it is.

Edited by glennk

As has been mentioned, these were unapproved notes. Seriously, hand on heart, I doubt that RF said that about sea anglers exclusively fishing on a catch and release basis. If nothing else, one of the other sea anglers there would have put him right.

What he may have said was that the majority fished on a catch and release basis. I'd still refute that, personally, but that's a different story.

Best to wait until the official notes are published on the Defra website, really.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE