closed season!

YorkieT

I went walking along the tidal river Trent yesterday afternoon and saw 2 guys fishing ( different spots ) I challenged 1 of them who was on my side of the river and he could not have cared less, shrugged his shoulders and just carried on!

Who should be contacted in instances like this? and do they actually do anything about it?

It is not the first time I have seen this, I saw several guys night fishing last year in May, the land owner had given them permission to fish :rolleyes::wallbash:

Alan.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

last saturdays angling snip in the daily star mentioned that the closed season is under review again,apparently they are trying to discover if there is a scientific reason for it.after all you can fish for exactly same types of fish on still water.

Report it to either the police, and ask for a crime number, or the Environment Agency.

Tim, the close season issue has been debated ad nauseum.

I will try phoning the Environment agency as I can't see that plod would be the slightest bit interested as it seems to take them days to investigate a burglary :wallbash: They are also starting to refuse giviing out crime numbers for certain crimes inc car related thefts etc as due to the low number solved they just add to the statistics :schmoll:

Alan.

I went walking along the tidal river Trent yesterday afternoon and saw 2 guys fishing ( different spots ) I challenged 1 of them who was on my side of the river and he could not have cared less, shrugged his shoulders and just carried on!

Who should be contacted in instances like this? and do they actually do anything about it?

It is not the first time I have seen this, I saw several guys night fishing last year in May, the land owner had given them permission to fish :rolleyes::wallbash:

Alan.

If it is tidal does the close season apply?

Abolish the mandatory closed season! If anyone (club or riparian owner) wanted to continue with the closed season it would then be down to them to police it.

I agree, unless there is scientific evidence that the closed season serves some useful purpose.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

I can do what I like (if legal) next to a river including game fish during the close season but not fish for coarse fish?

I belive this ancient law was made so the gents could fish in peace with bits of fluff without being disturbed by the working class coarse angler.

Why do we have to buy a licence for a year with three months of the river year unfishable?

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!