Any other recommended fishing forums?

Guest Brumagem Phil

I quit a forum because of under moderation, where offensive posters were allowed to take over because they were the site owner's "mates". Many people seem to forget the example set by a minority of people to the many youngsters who vist these sites. Kids must think that the majority of anglers are thugs, foorball hooligans, borderline psychopaths and morons.

English as tuppence, changing yet changeless as canal water, nestling in green nowhere, armoured and effete, bold flag-bearer, lotus-fed Miss Havishambling, opsimath and eremite, feudal, still reactionary, Rawlinson End.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the PM's chaps..........its interesing that this site has created a climate whereby such remarks need to be PM'd rather than put in the public domain.

This is the comment you always get, when someone posts something and nobody else posts agreeing with them.

The claim that the poster has received loads of supportive PM's. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

If people don't like the Rules/Policies, or whatever on AnglersNet, then go somewhere else, or don't they possess enough imagination to do that ? :bye1: :bye1: :bye1:

Edited by Cranfield

"I gotta go where its warm, I gotta fly to saint somewhere "

I take it the locked thread we're talking about was the one discussing the removal of Ferret's photo of a naked, tattooed female crotch, yes? (If anyone hasn't seen it before, and wants to, a Google images search for "willie nelson tattoo" should bring it up). I wasn't offended by it, (I'm not offended by much) but I can see why it had to go. I suspect Ferret has had his joke, which was that because people don't immediately see the photograph for what it is he was able to show a rude photo on Angler's Net for some time without anyone (who cared) noticing.

As to the locking of the thread discussing it, I'm not sure there's much point to a thread for arguing the toss on moderation decisions. Maybe this one should be allowed to run its course (so long as it's about policy in general and not about individual decisions)?

(Sorry if we're meant to be pretending we don't know which poster or which image this relates to, I'd rather we just spoke plainly)

Edited by Steve Walker

Guest Brumagem Phil
This is the comment you always get, when someone posts something and nobody else posts agreeing with them.

The claim that the poster has received loads of supportive PM's. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

If people don't like the Rules/Policies, or whatever on AnglersNet, then go somewhere else, or don't they possess enough imagination to do that ? :bye1: :bye1: :bye1:

LOL, care to actually put your money where your mouth is and place a wager regarding my PM's? Tell you what, how about you donate a tenner for each PM I've had to a charity of my choice? By the way, I didn't say loads (thats your exaggeration to try and strengthen your feeble point) I just wondered why supportive comments had to be PM'd rather than posted in the open......I wonder why people felt the need to contact me privately yet the critics were happy to post on the forum (i've had no negative PM's yet).

As for rules...........yep, got no problem with rules, its just hypocritical and childish implementation of them I'm against.

I don't particularly want to go elsewhere but am open minded enough to have a look around to see what else is on offer. (is that imaginative enough for you?)

I take it the locked thread we're talking about was the one discussing the removal of Ferret's photo of a naked, tattooed female crotch, yes? (If anyone hasn't seen it before, and wants to, a Google images search for "willie nelson tattoo" should bring it up). I wasn't offended by it, (I'm not offended by much) but I can see why it had to go. I suspect Ferret has had his joke, which was that because people don't immediately see the photograph for what it is he was able to show a rude photo on Angler's Net for some time without anyone (who cared) noticing.

As to the locking of the thread discussing it, I'm not sure there's much point to a thread for arguing the toss on moderation decisions. Maybe this one should be allowed to run its course (so long as it's about policy in general and not about individual decisions)?

(Sorry if we're meant to be pretending we don't know which poster or which image this relates to, I'd rather we just spoke plainly)

Please believe me, i had no idea. Must be stupid in my old age. I even thought it was a boring photo.

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Guest Brumagem Phil

Just for the record.........

as people may get the wrong idea about this thread, it has NOTHING to do with ferret or any thread relating to him and his postings. I'm vaguely aware of it and the complaint but have not followed the discussion so offer no opinion on it either way.

I am unhappy at a posting of mine being removed last night from the coase fishing forum along with the locking of a thread between myself and MR M last week...........along with one or two other issues.

i must admit i didnt even notice the "tattoo" well not what it was in reality ,cant see anything wrong with it its not exactly a tattoo on a brazilian if you get my drift.

threads get locked nowadays not because they have become abusive mere because they may in the eyes of a mod become so ,trouble is like a reprimand i had in real life when i had put a rather common "rude" word (what dung is) in a email ,on emailing the complainer back asking him to email me back the words i COULDN'T use he got a tad irate ,a pretty fair request on my behalf but strangely not to him :rolleyes:

if you dont want posts that may in the future cause argument (in the eyes of a mod) simply post just the title and keep the rest vacant.mind you i have had posters berate me for words or things i never used but what they though i had used so its not that simple :D

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

i must admit i didnt even notice the "tattoo" well not what it was in reality ,cant see anything wrong with it its not exactly a tattoo on a brazilian if you get my drift.

So you looked as well Chesters, we both must be getting past the sell by date? :thumbs:

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

NA i just didnt associate old bearded geezers with errr young girlies watsits ,i prefer the clean shaven meself.

if the "artist" is Aslan (cant make the sig) then he's been doing that type of art since the 60's and a lucky chap still to have "canvases" in the pipeline ,cool chap i wish i had his errr job

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Please believe me, i had no idea. Must be stupid in my old age.

Not having a go at all, Barry. I only realised after I'd first posted that everybody else was being a bit vague, hence the edit.