Any other recommended fishing forums?

Guest Brumagem Phil

Not having a go at all, Barry. I only realised after I'd first posted that everybody else was being a bit vague, hence the edit.

Absolutly no problem Steve, somehow though i don't think this topic will run and run.

Cheers. :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wondering if anyone had any suggestions for other fishing forums worth reading/contibuting to as I'm beginning to think this one is in danger of being moderated out of existence. :(

Rakes of posters seem either to have vanished or rarely post anymore so surely I'm not the only one? :thumbdown:

Personally, I have never even looked for another site. AN rocks! :thumbs: Edited by corydoras

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Why are people so ready to put posts up about Phil saying, in not so many words, "off you go then" with little waving icons?

The guy has submitted the best part of 1 and a half thousand posts, many of which have given decent fishing tips and opinions - sveral of which have been very useful to me, and I am sure others. That is why we use this forum and why it exists, is it not?

I understand that disagreements may occur, but that happens. If I don't like what somebody says I will generally avoid them in future, but I guess as forums are not face to face people can be a bit bolder.

Things seem to be have escalated a bit beyond the necessary. Perhaps in the future if a mod removes a post they could send a brief note stating why, to the person who's thread/post they have taken off? That would then inform them as to the issue rather than leaving them feeling mistreated or victimised when reality may be far from the case, and leading to situations where valued contributers leave a site.

All, as usual, just my humble opinion.

Simon

www.myspace.com/boozlebear

The mods have to respond if someone complains which I did,the thread I posted was to try to ensure that the mods did not get the blame for anything. My error was not asking for the mods to lock the thread,I did not expect there to be any discussion,if you look at my profile you will see I have been a member here for a long time and very rarely have I complained about any post!In not naming the member I was trying to be diplomatic..... silly me

This is a family site ,which should not be forgotten.

Judith (wearing flak jacket and tin hat)

nurse.gif

AKA Nurse Jugsy ( especially for newt)

and very fetching too :D

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

The mods have to respond if someone complains which I did,the thread I posted was to try to ensure that the mods did not get the blame for anything. My error was not asking for the mods to lock the thread,I did not expect there to be any discussion,if you look at my profile you will see I have been a member here for a long time and very rarely have I complained about any post!In not naming the member I was trying to be diplomatic..... silly me

This is a family site ,which should not be forgotten.

Judith (wearing flak jacket and tin hat)

Fair enough Judith. I do think it would be better tho if perhaps a brief explaination would be sent to the person by the mods, rather than the poster being left feeling ostricised when it's happened for probably the right reason.

Simon

Edited by BoozleBear

still not sure if it was the errrr "beard" or something else?

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Guest Brumagem Phil
Fair enough Judith. I do think it would be better tho if perhaps a brief explaination would be sent to the person by the mods, rather than the poster being left feeling ostricised when it's happened for probably the right reason.

Simon

Great idea!

I post on a financial forum and they do exactly that. I've posted there for nigh on a decade so had one or two posts removed (sometimes just because they are an innocent follow up to something thats been removed) and to have an explanation is excellent. Even if one doesnt agree with the explanation, the simple fact an explanation is given acts as a calming measure.

still not sure if it was the errrr "beard" or something else?

Whatever it was, should people not be told what the problem is? a) It's common decency, and b ) they would think twice about doing it again.

As I said before, surely that is better than leaving somebody feeling in such a away that they should leave the forum after so long?

Edited by BoozleBear

If you read my post on the locked thread you will see that I said I had sent pm's to the member explaining just what I had done and why,I even left a pm on the member's website . It should also be noted perhaps by newer members that I am a friend of that member(or was!!!),which is perhaps why I did not openly mention anyone's name,and for the record I don't care who it is that makes the post If I feel strongly I would complain again!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by nursejudy

nurse.gif

AKA Nurse Jugsy ( especially for newt)