Main News Topic

Huge_Vitae

Is it just me or is anybody else thinking that there is something 'not right' in one of our major news stories over the last couple of days.

Not being specific on purpose, no need to get Elton seeking legal help................

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it just me or is anybody else thinking that there is something 'not right' in one of our major news stories over the last couple of days.

Not being specific on purpose, no need to get Elton seeking legal help................

I would probably agree with you Huge, if I knew what you were talking about. :unsure:

John.

Edited by gozzer

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

I'd say that what's not right is that in this country it's against the law to leave children under the age of 16 unattended, and yet in the Telegraph on Saturday two female journalists are saying it's perfectly normal to leave a three year old and two year old twins locked in a flat while you go out for a meal.

Ok Huge for the rest of who dont see your major news stories please put up a link or tell us what your not happy with.

How are the chucks going.

Edited by Clifftop

my mind not only wanders-- sometimes it leaves completely.

Updated 7/3/09

http://sites.google.com/site/pomfred/

Guest Fenix
I'd say that what's not right is that in this country it's against the law to leave children under the age of 16 unattended, and yet in the Telegraph on Saturday two female journalists are saying it's perfectly normal to leave a three year old and two year old twins locked in a flat while you go out for a meal.

I thought it was under 14 years of age???

I thought it was under 14 years of age???

It seems that we are both wrong.

Found this:-

According to the Children And Young Persons Act 1933, parents can be prosecuted for neglect if they leave a child alone "in a manner likely to cause unnecessary suffering or injury to health", but there's nothing in the legislation more specific than that. No minimum age to leave a child unattended, and no minimum age at which older kids can look after younger ones either. But the NSPCC recommendation is that no child is left alone before the age of 12, and that babysitters are over 16.

i thought you meant the other topic where The Lion and the Lamb lay together (northern ireland),shows to the far east and the arabs that terrorism pays once again :rolleyes:

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Guest Fenix
It seems that we are both wrong.

Found this:-

Blast, could have got the wife back in to full time work sooner if I had known that. :angry: :angry: