'Dangerous' Goldfish Spotted

Elton

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

"This interbreeding threatens the native population of pure crucian carp. Goldfish can also carry diseases and parasites that are not normally present in wild fish populations."

youl find that most "crucian" nowadays are infact brown goldfish of which some will turn gold :rolleyes:

strange the EA turn blind eyes to that

my local has many introductions from probably fishtanks and they enhance the water ,the koi for one are sought after but rarely caught and the 3lb ish goldfish (from a "crucian" stocking) are nice additions to the net on occasion.

if the EA cant spot brown goldfish instead of crucian how can they say any fish are healthy seeing as most parasites or deseases are microscopic :rolleyes:

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Spot on, chesters. That's been my worry for a long time now.

I know I rabbit on about the indiscriminate, over stocking with carp, but it's strange that the EA should only express their concerns now, and not before.

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

I caught a goldfish in one of my club waters a few years back. When I mentioned it on the then club site I was told that it had probably come in with a stocking of crucians as carp breeders often add goldfish to their breeding stock to help boost the strength of the strain and avoid too much in breeding.

A Hammond

Well they can't do to much to the enviroment as pool by me is one of the higest popualted pools ive see, probably is the best stocked pool ive seen and not a single fish has been introdued by any club and shos that allowing natural popullating is best.

In the summer you can throw a piece of bread in and have possibly 200 carp of around 1lb and the pool has probably a popullation of a 1000 goldfish as in the summr months the pool is covered in orange dots of small and big goldfish.

The pool also has a thiving number of crusians there probably the higest populated fish in thepool, they seem to be all true crusians lovely golden. The only thing i fins strange about the pool is you cant catch a tench bigger than 3 inches, its the only place i know you catch tench this small, i read in an angling times it was rare that a fisherman would catch a fish that small in there lifetime, well if thast the case the should come here i catch around 30 tench under 3 inches ever time i go.

So i dont reckon goldfish harm the enviroment may even benefit it with the way this pool looks..

Edited by rooney888
84854438.png