Blair .... Good Or Bad.

hembo

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't you have any sort of mechinism for getting rid of a really bad politician or party from office?

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Don't you have any sort of mechinism for getting rid of a really bad politician or party from office?

We have elections same as you Newt, but we don't tend to shoot them in between times if that's what you mean. ;)

Having read this thread I take it that you don't like him :bigemo_harabe_net-163::bigemo_harabe_net-163:

It is strange how people forget Black Wednesday, 15% bank rates, arms deals behind the scene etc etc etc.

As stated before if your looking for a perfect politician your wasting your time :rolleyes::D

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

Filthy hospitals equate with filthy managenement, filthy staff, all very well paid thanks to Blair...a man can only do so much....

Den

So it doesn't equate with putting out cleaning services to the lowest bidder, in the naive expectation that the cheapest service will be up to the same standard as the original one, then? <_<

In many cases, the cleaning staff are (some of) the same people, just employed at lower rates and expected to do twice as much in the same allotted time. Hardly a recipe for success, is it?

Also, MRSA and c difficile are as much a result of antibiotic over-prescribing (and the failure of patients to complete the course of medication) as poor hygiene.

Sorry if that unsettles any of your prejudices.

Guest Rabbit

You can bet that the next serving prime minister, and the next, and the next will leave office with the same sort of loathing that all his / her predessors have enjoyed. How fickle are we? Cant see the big picture at all most of the time, more concerned with what the Government can do about our own petty grumblings. I didn't want Blair and I certainly dont want Brown, but I ain't gonna make any leader a scapegoat for whats rotten about this country.

So it doesn't equate with putting out cleaning services to the lowest bidder, in the naive expectation that the cheapest service will be up to the same standard as the original one, then? <_<

Hi DavyR, wasn't that started under the tories? Seem to remember that they introduced compulsory competitive tendering for everything (yet another exercise in gaining profits for the old boys network at the cost of public service)

Also, MRSA and c difficile are as much a result of antibiotic over-prescribing (and the failure of patients to complete the course of medication) as poor hygiene.

Sorry if that unsettles any of your prejudices.

The explosion in the use of anti-bacterials has not done any favours either, resistance to the anti-bacterial agents e.g. triclosan is producing multi resistant organisms

I believe that despite the many difficulties that Blair has encountered along the way history will judge him as one of the more honest politicians of his (or any recent) political generations. I think we would need to look back to pre thatcher days for anyone with more integrity.

I would say - Good!

Edited by nick

Nick

...life

what's it all about...?

i see more people have a better standard of living,stable economy no more boom and bust.

plus the introduction of the minimum wage which did not adversly effect businesses.

The salary of the chief executive of a large corporation is not a market award for achievement. It is frequently in the nature of a warm personal gesture by the individual to himself.

John Kenneth Galbraith

We have elections same as you Newt, but we don't tend to shoot them in between times if that's what you mean. ;)

Im sat here crying with laughter at the comment, brilliant.

As for Blair, well since he took a million pound bung from the antis to ban hunting,who are at the end of the day are a front for terrorist, well what more can you say. and as an NHS worker, (ambulance paramedic) they have just given us stupid targets to get to patients in a certain time frame, all this has done is make the ambualnce trusts put more solo responders on the road, as soon as they get to the job then the clock stops even though it may take another 2 hours for an ambulance to get to them,speaking from expearience, to finaly take them to hospital. and what you find is because most of the times can be met within a city limit, if you live outside that area you are part of the 15% they can afford to drop on the times. They can make the 85% in the bigger towns so most of the ambulances are there, as its easier to get to the jobs faster than if you live out in the sticks. its not the trusts fault its the government putting stupid times on when to get to jobs, at the end of the day we always tried to get to the job as fast as possible without this, all its done is is make the trusts find ways of meeting the target, which has not been to the benifit of the patients in most of the cases, Trust dont look at patient care anymore, its an after thought to meeting time targets.

Regards

JS

Hi DavyR, wasn't that started under the tories? Seem to remember that they introduced compulsory competitive tendering for everything (yet another exercise in gaining profits for the old boys network at the cost of public service)

It certainly was, Nick! New Labour simply carried on with most of the Tories' economic policies, including PFI for new-build hospitals (despite the 2002 Labour Party Conference voting against it).