Blair .... Good Or Bad.

hembo

Anyone know if Tony is likely to be having a closing down sale ?

It's just that I am in the market for a couple of small peerages

Can you not see if the neighbours will lend you a couple, I hear they've got loads :lol:

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's just a shame that so little of that money directly reached patient care, due to someone at a high level underestimating the costs of Agenda for Change, the new Consultants' Contract, cutting junior doctors' working hours, etc. :(

Totally agree, but I still don't think that Blair can be blamed for that.

A bit like the stunned look on his face prior to the last election when being questioned by the public on TV and the woman asked the question about why she couldn't get an appointment at her doctors. All the facts thet he'd been given were that folks could now get an appointment to see the doctor easier because that's what the statistics said. The guy was stunned when told how that target had been achieved. Don't forget they have no contact with the real world...

We all blame the political leaders, but it is the civil service that runs the country.

Nick

...life

what's it all about...?

some excellent views ,lets carry on

The salary of the chief executive of a large corporation is not a market award for achievement. It is frequently in the nature of a warm personal gesture by the individual to himself.

John Kenneth Galbraith

but its the political leaders that have the power to change it ,you can do things wrong by actively partaking in something and actively not partaking in it ,the old excuse of ignorance isn't an excuse in law so why should it be used by MP's???

blair is prime minister which means everything is controlled by him ,if he cant control those below him then he is not doing his job (and it is just a job ,strangely though one that needs no experience in anything but talking spiel) if someone does something wrong in the public sector then the management is to blame for allowing it ,political parties are just multi million £ management companies after all and liable for corporate liability just as others are.

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Tony Blair's effectively run a huge company for 10 years, creating a good financial position, maintained excellent relations with its most important customer and supplier (the US), and sorted a rather nasty problem in the Northern Ireland department that had been causing major problems for nearly 100 years.

However, staff moral appears to be quite low.

Shall we forget the role played in that, ie, by starting and determining the whole process, by John Major, and let's even forget the enormous role played by Mo Mowlem, but then she is dead and obviously left that praise to Tony in her Will.

MRSA, why do we no see it reported abroad, Do you have it in abundance Newt? My friends Mum is Malaysian, she has gone there to have her back done on their NHS, why, Less wait and cleaner hospitals.

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

MRSA is not a result of government policy or even dirty hospitals on the whole, but cleanleness can help to control its transmisssion to other patients, but as a direct result of over prescribing antibiotics for illnesses by Doctors that really didnt need to be treated with them, hense the bacteria built up a resistance to a particuler type of antibiotic, methicillin which is a form of penicillin, one of the most commonly used antibiotic at one time. once it had built up a ristance to that particular antibiotic it was only time before it would mutate and become resitant to other types hense the problem of dealing with it and controling it.

This is a very basic explanation of it, as it can be a very complex subject matter.

Have a look at this link for a more in depth report on it.

http://www.dh.gov.uk/en/Policyandguidance/...tion/DH_4093113

About a third of the population have the bacteria that can cause the disease, and they will probably never even know they have it, so by the laws of average, at least one person who has commneted on this thread will be a carrier, food for thought :rolleyes:

Regards

Jack

Edited by Jack Sparrow

MRSA, why do we no see it reported abroad

"Although MRSA has traditionally been seen as a hospital-associated infection, community-acquired MRSA strains have appeared in recent years, notably in the U.S. and Australia"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mrsa

Some more on C-MRSA here: http://www.hpa.org.uk/hpa/news/articles/pr...50303_cmrsa.htm

MRSA is not a result of government policy or even dirty hospitals on the whole, but cleanleness can help to control its transmisssion to other patients, but as a direct result of over prescribing antibiotics for illnesses by Doctors that really didnt need to be treated with them, hense the bacteria built up a resistance to a particuler type of antibiotic, methicillin which is a form of penicillin, one of the most commonly used antibiotic at one time. once it had built up a ristance to that particular antibiotic it was only time before it would mutate and become resitant to other types hense the problem of dealing with it and controling it.

This is a very basic explanation of it, as it can be a very complex subject matter.

Have a look at this link for a more in depth report on it.

http://www.dh.gov.uk/en/Policyandguidance/...tion/DH_4093113

About a third of the population have the bacteria that can cause the disease, and they will probably never even know they have it, so by the laws of average, at least one person who has commneted on this thread will be a carrier, food for thought :rolleyes:

Regards

Jack

ofcourse he is seeing that everything is under his control then he could quite easily instruct via his ministries to the doctors that anti biotics should only be given when nothing else will work ,and all the time given to patients (to meet government criteria) should be to teach patients that anti biotics only work in a small number of illnesses! not hand them out like sweets to get the patient out so the next one can be seen to fulfill the time constraint and patients seen to allow docs to get paid under the rules imposed by blairs goverment :rolleyes:

ps hopefully i am a carrier at least i wont catch the disease but it doesent explain the more virilent ones!

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

It never ceases to amaze me that doctors will say "You've got some sort of a viral infection" and then prescribe anti-biotics. I'm no medic, but even I know that anti-biotics only work aginst bacteria not viruses. I think they just do it because OAPs are not happy unless they come away with a prescription.