That little old thing called climate change

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mars is experiencing Global warming similar to the Earth as well, tell me Ken, How much industry and how many vehicles are there on that planet?

The Earth is warming up because the Sun is very active , the temperature of the Earth is governed by the Sun not mankind.

I am a match angler .....not an anti-Christ!!!]

Mars is experiencing Global warming similar to the Earth as well, tell me Ken, How much industry and how many vehicles are there on that planet?

The Earth is warming up because the Sun is very active , the temperature of the Earth is governed by the Sun not mankind.

No need for sarcasm, Bob - that's only one theory, and not many scientists agree with it (which doesn't necessarily mean it's wrong, of course):

"The conventional theory is that climate changes on Mars can be explained primarily by small alterations in the planet's orbit and tilt, not by changes in the sun."

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/20...rs-warming.html

or two thousand years ago when it was possible to grow grapes near northumberland ,or ofcourse the 2 or 3 degrees it was warmer when those neolithic chaps made their footprints in the mud now a beach or why it was a desert around here several hundred thousand years ago when a mammoth lost his tusk just a mile away (i wonder if it noticed).

"global warming" is natural ,if figures are based on certain times then any conclusion can be got ,if you base it on the 16th centuries average then were already globally warmed (there was a 4 hundred year mini ice age where ice fairs were held on the thames etc etc) base it on another time when it was warmer then were no were near global warming..

if moneys to be made all sorts of crap facts and figures are released to provide money for funding research ,volcanoes NAH (boring) ,huge volcanoes NAH (ok have a little) SUPER volcanoes KERCHING ££££££!!!!

el ninio switching off KERCHING £££££ mind you they forget to add its changed direction and stopped in the past!

nothing like a potential calamity to get £££££

and ofcourse world leaders get caught up in it trying to improve their image their ears tugged by those with vested interests who "advise" in the background whilst hoping for a cut in the funding handed out or benefits from those that get it.

i posted some time ago the huge animal/plant extinctions throughout time by natural global warming / cooling how many of those drove 4x4's or turned their boiler up 1 degree :rolleyes:

and if its anything like the tench and crucians coming out all winter BRING IT ON!!!

"scientists" get paid but they swiftly lose funding if they release statements saying "the worlds doing fine ,no cause for alarm"

and anyway whats wrong with britain getting a bit warmer ,let those silly people in hot countries worry

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

DavyR, I was not trying to be sarcastic, I just thought that by illustrating the "Mars phenomenon" it would save me posting a huge reply to the cobblers spouted on a daily basis because of a hidden agenda by government, Chester's hasn't been taken in by the spiel and is spot on.

I am a match angler .....not an anti-Christ!!!]

I've really got no more idea than the next bloke about the existence or non-existence of global warming as a man-made phenomenon. I would, however, be more inclined to believe the vast majority of scientists worldwide, rather than accept the solar theory, which seems to have little to recommend it. The main proponent of this theory also apparently denies the existence of the "greenhouse effect".

The large consensus of opinion that the present conditions *are* man-made has only two obvious explanations:

1: It's probably the truth, unless or until proved otherwise.

2: It's a worldwide conspiracy amongst climate scientists in order to get more funding.

Even I'm not so cynical as to believe that number 2 is the more likely explanation.

And if you don't think that this comes across as sarcasm, Bob, "Mars is experiencing Global warming similar to the Earth as well, tell me Ken, How much industry and how many vehicles are there on that planet?", then I think you're being a bit naive.

I do not give a toss about mars as I and my children and future gererations do not live there.

I do however realise that mans contribution towards the current situation is indeed minuscule when compared to natural emissions, BUT like most things it could be that twincy twincy little bit which tips the balance, the thing is are we prepared to shut our eyes and gamble it isn't?

Edited by Ken Davison South Wales

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist