That little old thing called climate change

But denial is about you will find being posted on here, mostly by a bunch of aging geezers who probably won't be around in 10 or 15 years time, but you and I and our children and our grandchildren will be.

But for how long................?

What happens when the eventual time comes....and our great great great great.........(fingers hurting)......grandchildren face the end?

A possible few quotes.............maybe

"Well i wish i would have done ???......instead of trying to conserve the earth"

"I've been made to believe that if i do as they say , i will make a difference"

Hmmmmm

your offspring will be better of without oil ;)

i expect 3/4's of the globes residents dont use a drop ,they do ok.

if the government cared about global warming they would be using just the hyper taxed fuel levy to fabricate solar panels and giving them away to everyone thus cutting a chunk of the emissions of CO2 but yet they dont! strange eh?

they would refrain from flying and going about in jags 200 yards up the road yet they dont" strange eh?

they would tax aircraft fuel and slap a levy on incommers to the uk but they dont ,strange eh?

they would stop airport expansion but they dont ! strange eh?

they would refrain from spending billions fighting in countries that supply oil but they dont !strange eh?

:thumbs:

Strangely enough Chesters........that was going to be my next post

Fishing is fishing , Life is life , but life wouldn't be very enjoyable without fishing................ Mr M 12:03 / 19-3-2009

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But for how long................?

What happens when the eventual time comes....and our great great great great.........(fingers hurting)......grandchildren face the end?

A possible few quotes.............maybe

"Well i wish i would have done ???......instead of trying to conserve the earth"

"I've been made to believe that if i do as they say , i will make a difference"

Hmmmmm

I believe that the climate change we have seen in the last 50 years or so IS anthropogenic, but I am not going to get into a no win argument with denialists like Bob, or ostriches like chesters about it.

Everybody loves a scientist, until the scientist tells the something they don't want to hear.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

the government should be funding research into alternative energy instead of punishing us ,if a oil company finds an element (as in chemical) that makes solar panels highly efficient (far more than the crude ones we have now)they can simply patent it ,hide it away and force us to use oil till the last drops gone ,THEN we panic.

if oil companies buy up all the alternative energy patents (their not short of a penny or two) THEY will rule the earth not governments ,if we dont do as they say they will simply switch everything off till we do and without alternative energy we cant argue

"I believe that the climate change we have seen in the last 50 years or so IS anthropogenic, but I am not going to get into a no win argument with denialists like Bob, or ostriches like chesters about it."

its strange though in the last 50 years our acts been cleared up ,huge smokeless zones ,clean gas for heating instead of coal ,cars since 1992 forced to have catalizers ,clean burn engines ,most of the coal fired power stations closed ,most of the factory chimneys that used to burn coal knocked down and the thousands apon thousands of coke ovens gone ,nearly all the china industry gone and the steel industry yet somehow we are worse now than in victorian times when EVERY chimney in the land spurted CO2 and other noxious fumes ,if you believe this crap then your more naive than i thought.

its earoplanes ,CO2 is heavier than air so rises very slowley ,in the first shower it turns to weak acid rain ,aeroplanes dump it straight into the stratosphere THERES YOUR CULPRIT not my honda 90 ,in the last 50 years flight has become commonplace ,see it yet :rolleyes:

why tax the hilt out of those like myself that dont fly and use tiny bikes for 90% of getting about when our masters live the life of riley doing everything they blame us for

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

the government should be funding research ...
That would imply giving funding to those nasty scientists.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!

tame ones with no need to lie but just get on with their jobs ;)

if their paid then they dont need to dream up excuses to keep their jobs

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

the government should be funding research into alternative energy instead of punishing us ,if a oil company finds an element (as in chemical) that makes solar panels highly efficient (far more than the crude ones we have now)they can simply patent it ,hide it away and force us to use oil till the last drops gone ,THEN we panic.

if oil companies buy up all the alternative energy patents (their not short of a penny or two) THEY will rule the earth not governments ,if we dont do as they say they will simply switch everything off till we do and without alternative energy we cant argue

"I believe that the climate change we have seen in the last 50 years or so IS anthropogenic, but I am not going to get into a no win argument with denialists like Bob, or ostriches like chesters about it."

its strange though in the last 50 years our acts been cleared up ,huge smokeless zones ,clean gas for heating instead of coal ,cars since 1992 forced to have catalizers ,clean burn engines ,most of the coal fired power stations closed ,most of the factory chimneys that used to burn coal knocked down and the thousands apon thousands of coke ovens gone ,nearly all the china industry gone and the steel industry yet somehow we are worse now than in victorian times when EVERY chimney in the land spurted CO2 and other noxious fumes ,if you believe this crap then your more naive than i thought

Sssssh Chesters , you're not supposed to notice that..

What about good old H2O?

Oxygen and Hydrogen stored in it is highly volatile and makes for a fantastic fuel (and clean)

But yet the powers that be and the barons and tycoons hide this information away from the general public as it would create turmoil.

The financial market would collapse upon itself due to the fact that EVERYTHING revolves around oil. And that is how they want it to stay.

The scientists have all the data to create a machine capable of such but are gagged and paid off to keep quiet.

Have i been day-dreaming again? Or is it true..........?

Fishing is fishing , Life is life , but life wouldn't be very enjoyable without fishing................ Mr M 12:03 / 19-3-2009

probably ,well once we get around physics which states you dont get nothing for nothing ,splitting water and creating a great volatile mix of hydrogen and oxygen is well know but you need more electric that can be made by the resulting fuel that could make it! unfortunately.

if you could find an inert substance that produced it fine but ofcourse how much power did it take to produce that inert substance?

solar power would work but to make it worthwhile to buy it has to pay for itself in a very short time ,at the moment solar panels take about 19 years to pay for themselves by that time they are dead ,and ofcourse in our climate they are hardly running at full power as anyone with a solar powered garden light is aware.

then theres storage for dull days ,you can store it in 20 12v batteries and convert it to 240v AC (you can live on 12v for everything mind you) but so much power is lost getting it back out it at the moment doesent make it worth while.

everything running at 12v (you can get most things to run at 12v) is ok but that darned physics jumps in again and although its running at 12v more amps are needed so back to square one again.

Edited by chesters1

Sssssh Chesters , you're not supposed to notice that..

What about good old H2O?

Oxygen and Hydrogen stored in it is highly volatile and makes for a fantastic fuel (and clean)

But yet the powers that be and the barons and tycoons hide this information away from the general public as it would create turmoil.

The financial market would collapse upon itself due to the fact that EVERYTHING revolves around oil. And that is how they want it to stay.

The scientists have all the data to create a machine capable of such but are gagged and paid off to keep quiet.

Have i been day-dreaming again? Or is it true..........?

Unfortunately the amount of energy it takes to split water (burned hydrogen) back into hydregen and oxygenis exactly thge same amount that you get back when you recombine them. Didn't you lot got to school, my eleven year old boy knows this.

BTW Oxygen is not a fuel, you just need it to burn other fuels. Oxygen on its own cannot burn.

And............the scientists told you all this then Corydoras??

Hmmmm

probably ,well once we get around physics which states you dont get nothing for nothing ,splitting water and creating a great volatile mix of hydrogen and oxygen is well know but you need more electric that can be made by the resulting fuel that could make it! unfortunately.

if you could find an inert substance that produced it fine but ofcourse how much power did it take to produce that inert substance?

solar power would work but to make it worthwhile to buy it has to pay for itself in a very short time ,at the moment solar panels take about 19 years to pay for themselves by that time they are dead ,and ofcourse in our climate they are hardly running at full power as anyone with a solar powered garden light is aware.

According to the "scientists" , mapping DNA was impossible 20 years ago

And............the scientists told you all this then Corydoras??

Hmmmm

According to the "scientists" , mapping DNA was impossible 20 years ago

but your comparing a mechanical action to a physical one ,at the moment energy cant be created or destroyed only turned into something else its physically impossible(at the moment and if the apple geezer is right for ever)

and even oil is no more than stored sunlight as is coal ,without the sun plants and animals wouldnt have existed to create it and store it in the remains of their bodies ,getting petrol as the end product from oil under the ground takes more energy than the petrol can produce otherwise perpetual motion would be old hat.

Edited by chesters1