That little old thing called climate change

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As previously stated I also think global warming is being used as a reason for going green and creating less pollution however it is created.

The real crux of the matter is we are rapidly running out of fossil fuels and that is far more important to our current existence.

In a few years time the pinch will kick in and then you will have a two fold reason for going green :rolleyes::D

Chester have you ever considered it might have been the mammoths farting that created global warming back then? :D:D

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

What would you have me do Dan? stop using my diesel works van to make my living? permanently turn the central heating off? if government wishes to reduce carbon emissions they should offer viable,cheap alternatives, all I hear is talk, and the talk is going to cost us big time! scaremongering is nothing new in politics, I still haven't seen the WMD's old rubber neck Saddam is supposed to have held, Global warming is a natural phenomenon and history proves it has all happened before, long before man became industrialised, I am all for a cheap "safe" alternative energy though, trouble is, we won't be seeing that either!

I am a match angler .....not an anti-Christ!!!]

Global warming is a natural phenomenon and history proves it has all happened before, long before man became industrialised,

Very true. Only difference is that humans in the past put climate change down to the vengeance of the gods, and recognised they could do nothing about it but pray.

These days, people aren't too happy about being uncomfortable or sitting in the dark, or paying too much tax (never mind about dying in droves from famine), and expect to be "saved" by science (that being all that's left to believe in, once gods have been abolished).

What were sea levels in this country 1000 years ago when it was possible, apparently, to grow cereal crops in Greenland?
That was during the Medieval Warm Period. Do you really think that climatologists don't take these local changes that have happened in the past into account? This was a local climate change, what we are facing today is global climate change. No serious climate scientist doubts that global climate change is occurring, whether or not any change in anthropological or not may be, but not the fact that it is happening. Edited by corydoras

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

so what if it is ,should we bother because britain gets a tropical climate ,most of our plants in our gardens come from them so we would get great gardens.

when fossil fuels run out so what ,if the oil companies dont cotton on and grab all the patents to alternative sources of power then we will use them.

if already tropical countries turn to desert so what there not any use to us anyway except for their resources the human content is irrelevant as it is anywhere ,in the worlds lifespan mere humans dont even come into the equation.

as i said its happened before it will again and us humans cant slow it never mind stop it so use your 4x4s and bugger it.

the scientists and government are in a woldwide conspiricy to extract as much money from anyone silly enough to believe them.

all this recycling mullarky as for being green harms the planet far more than dumping it in holes ,its a con to extract money for rotten old rope.

fossil fuels have only been around in human terms since we turned coal t coke and oil for far less ,we lived before we can again.

the answer lies in south america theve been using alchohol for years! we just drink it ,for heating nothings simpler than boring holes in the ground and putting water in and getting steam out ,steam generates electricity and hot water heats pipes.

once the oils gone we will all be "green" well untill "scientists" tell us its wrong (in order to obtain funding for their crackpot ideas)and tax can be extracted to punish us.

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

What would you have me do Dan? stop using my diesel works van to make my living? permanently turn the central heating off? if government wishes to reduce carbon emissions they should offer viable,cheap alternatives, all I hear is talk, and the talk is going to cost us big time! scaremongering is nothing new in politics, I still haven't seen the WMD's old rubber neck Saddam is supposed to have held, Global warming is a natural phenomenon and history proves it has all happened before, long before man became industrialised, I am all for a cheap "safe" alternative energy though, trouble is, we won't be seeing that either!

I dont think I said that! but global warming is a fact, the consensus is that we are speeding it up, you may disagree, but we (the human race) will have to find a way through it, I'm sure that chesters is right, we'll survive,but at what cost? we dont know, if sea levels rise by 1m most of our coastal cities will be underwater as will the powerstations, salt water will filter into aquifers, half of somerset and lincoln and the broads will dissapear. So chesters might be enjoying a pinapple in the garden but there might not be any fuel at the petrol station or electricity in the wires!!

Alcohol? oh yes that'll work, just dig up the rain forest to plant the crop :rolleyes: its already happening!

So whats the answer? .......... no idea, but I know its not denial, so if I can reduce my impact I will.

dan

There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot!

Its nice here! http://www.twfcorfu.com

i'm ok jack i'm up in the hills ,plenty of trees for firewood and horses to eat.

theres hundreds of islands that used to produce cane doing nothing now their white masters have retired ,it will kickstart back into production (if you can cattle prod the residents into action) and millions of square miles of farms sitting idle getting money for "set aside" that can grow sugar beet ,when oil goes the hold of the few over the many goes and its a free market again.

rather than being punished for no recycling those plastic bags will have a value being turned into other things as will all plastic items ,people will recycle far more if it benifits them and the countryside will be scoured for now costly (to get rid of ) rubbish that brings in a few pennies ,those holes we fill now will be income for our great grandkids.

the best thing about the end of oil will be the death of flight ,its not needed ,it dumps CO2 direct into the atmosphere where it does the greatest harm and strangely (because our leaders love using it) its not taxed on fuel ,after all if global warming is such a great risk why do our betters jet everywhere to discuss it?

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

...but I know its not denial, so if I can reduce my impact I will.

dan

But denial is about you will find being posted on here, mostly by a bunch of aging geezers who probably won't be around in 10 or 15 years time, but you and I and our children and our grandchildren will be.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

your offspring will be better of without oil ;)

i expect 3/4's of the globes residents dont use a drop ,they do ok.

if the government cared about global warming they would be using just the hyper taxed fuel levy to fabricate solar panels and giving them away to everyone thus cutting a chunk of the emissions of CO2 but yet they dont! strange eh?

they would refrain from flying and going about in jags 200 yards up the road yet they dont" strange eh?

they would tax aircraft fuel and slap a levy on incommers to the uk but they dont ,strange eh?

they would stop airport expansion but they dont ! strange eh?

they would refrain from spending billions fighting in countries that supply oil but they dont !strange eh?

fear is a great way of upping taxes and global warming is another

Edited by chesters1