That little old thing called climate change

strangely i picked up a thing that turns sunlight into motion directly at a boot fare yesterday,but ofcourse no good realistically it cant work in air and produces no useful torque.

pic following ,ps whats it called one used to mesmorise me as a kid in a window of a building

seen a few clear ones over the years but never a blue one

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And............the scientists told you all this then Corydoras??

Hmmmm

According to the "scientists" , mapping DNA was impossible 20 years ago

Like I say, I went to school.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

they would tax aircraft fuel and slap a levy on incommers to the uk but they dont ,strange eh?

they would stop airport expansion but they dont ! strange eh?

they would refrain from spending billions fighting in countries that supply oil but they dont !strange eh?

Already started mate.

probably ,well once we get around physics which states you dont get nothing for nothing ,splitting water and creating a great volatile mix of hydrogen and oxygen is well know but you need more electric that can be made by the resulting fuel that could make it! unfortunately.

Solar power mate with a new form of cell already out there being honed ready for use :rolleyes:

Lots of things are being done, new engines being developed for new fuels, the list goes on.

We all accept that vehicles form an important part of our lives and without them things would change drastically for all of us.

There are still vast amounts oil out there but it is the difficult stuff hard to extract therefore higher prices and longer processing time, add to this the ever increasing demand for oil and things are looking a little difficult to say the least.

Being an aging old fart I suppose I could say "So what, I will be in my box shortly" but I prefer to think about how the future lies for my grand children.

It is sad that us humans have been blessed with so many attributes which we abuse and refuse to use :rolleyes: that is until the chips are down :rolleyes:

Edited by Ken Davison South Wales

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

but once the chips are down we can turn the fat into fuel :D

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

if sea levels rise by 1m most of our coastal cities will be underwater as will the powerstations, salt water will filter into aquifers, half of somerset and lincoln and the broads will dissapear.

Most imagine this as a slow creeping process, it won't be.

As 100 year storms become more frequent, on top of sea level changes, one horrible night the defences go down, and a city is lost, or the broads are turned into salt-marsh, and nothing is the same again.

Then another storm comes along, not in another hundred years, but next year,and hundreds more die.

All around the world, once rare occurances start becoming more and more common place.

Even then it will take some people a long time to realise that things have fundamentally changed, and increasingly disasters like New Orleans are not simply a one-off.

And it's not just sea-level rises, it's ocean-acidification that will disrupt marine food chains, drought that brings destructive fires, loss of glacier fed water supply, the drying up of river basins.

(The price of gas in the states soared post Katrina as oil refining capacity was hit, Australia faces electricity black-outs next 'Summer' due to drought knocking our hydro-electric generation)

The staggering cost will hit national and global economies hard, as infrastructure is lost, with knock on effects on health-care, social services etc.

Some countries will be forced into war over protecting their strategic resources such as water, oil and food security (did I say 'will be', perhaps I should say 'are being'!). The world will become an increasingly more dangerous place as superpowers compete to stay on top of the situation for the benefit of 'their people'.

And even Chesters will long for the good old days!

Hoping that such scenarios will force the necessary changes before the worst comes about ignores the fact that we are already locked into changes for the next 50-80 years, and cut-backs now will only benefit our grand children and their children.

Edited by Leon Roskilly

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

Unfortunately the amount of energy it takes to split water (burned hydrogen) back into hydregen and oxygenis exactly thge same amount that you get back when you recombine them. Didn't you lot got to school, my eleven year old boy knows this.

BTW Oxygen is not a fuel, you just need it to burn other fuels. Oxygen on its own cannot burn.

I see the new progamme coast on the telly last night and up on a remote scottish isle they are extracting hydrogen with their wind turbines to run the cars that go at upto forty miles an hour. I know the set up costs are high, but the running cost and greenhouse effect? Or am i missing something as i went to school years ago and i'm senile in me old age. :)

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

All around the world, once rare occurances start becoming more and more common place

http://www.wunderground.com/blog/JeffMaste...p;tstamp=200706

(follow the link and look at the airial photographs, showing what stands in the way of the beast)

An unusual event is happening over the next 48 hours, as the first tropical cyclone with hurricane-force winds, and major hurricane-force winds at that, is approaching the Gulf of Oman, to strike the eastern coast of Oman, curve northward, and make landfall on the coast of Iran.

In the tropical cyclone best tracks and the modern era of weather satellites, there is no record of such an occurrence...........................

....................Imagine that you live directly on the Gulf, but in a place where it hardly ever rains, and where a hurricane has never hit, for at least a generation -- for more than sixty years.

Your community and many like yours are situated not only directly on the water, but near or in large dry riverbeds on the coastal plain, which is a narrow strip of sandy shoreline that is the dropoff for the three-thousand-foot mountain range behind it.

Even many of the roads up into the mountains are in these dry riverbeds, which course through deep canyons as they rise into the heights.

You don't have any idea what it might mean to experience winds of over 100 miles per hour, whipping up sand, and torrential rain against these mountains that can turn the riverbeds into conduits for dangerous flash floods.

And you don't have any idea what storm surge is, and can't conceive of wind-driven high waves that could break against the shoreline and leave nothing behind.

This is the eastern coast of Oman, where communities line the shoreline which is shortly going to be experiencing a major hurricane..........

(Latest reports show conditions that are weakening the hurricane, and steering it away from landfall - fingers crossed)

Edited by Leon Roskilly

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

I see the new progamme coast on the telly last night and up on a remote scottish isle they are extracting hydrogen with their wind turbines to run the cars that go at upto forty miles an hour. I know the set up costs are high, but the running cost and greenhouse effect? Or am i missing something as i went to school years ago and i'm senile in me old age. :)

We're all thick on here Barry. There's only the very few elite who can steer us from disaster :rolleyes:

Fishing is fishing , Life is life , but life wouldn't be very enjoyable without fishing................ Mr M 12:03 / 19-3-2009

We're all thick on here Barry. There's only the very few elite who can steer us from disaster :rolleyes:

I think it will take more than a few comments on here to change the future. :rolleyes:

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

All i will say Ken is...................Don't believe everything you are told

Who is telling you and what they are telling you is governed by what the upper echelon tell them to say. No i ain't into conspiracy theories , but theres more to the eye than what you see. If we are to believe in what we are told , Tony Blair is a nice man and so is George Bush! the rain forests are being harvested at a rate of knots (for the last 20 year to my knowledge) and all the rest.............

All this talk of preservation and looking after our planet by thinking green.

1. recycling , sure........the government are already trying to implement a charge on emptying your own bins now, forcing us into recycling!!

2. windmills , "oooohhh we don't want a big horrible ugly thing like that in our area"

3. lpg / battery cars , if this planet is in that bad a state , why aren't these cars being imposed as the norm NOW , instead they choose to impose a ban on smoking , the same as most of europe. why not get something done to look after the planet instead of its habitants? If the planet is that knackered, then it would surely be "all hands on deck" ?

Until i see full blown proof that this planets climate is rising due to "man-made" efforts then i will not worry. If it is happening naturally , then i don't care if you have all the resources / money and brains in the world.............what happens WILL happen.

Whats that age old saying.................."Don't mess with nature"

Fishing is fishing , Life is life , but life wouldn't be very enjoyable without fishing................ Mr M 12:03 / 19-3-2009