Anglers charged under Terrorism Laws

Leon Roskilly

Guest jay_con

Is this still running. You guys have kept me amused for days now. Keep up the good work lads.

Perhaps the authorities may send all the mersey pirates to guantanamo, they wont be waving that damn flag there.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Casey, based on my proven inability to sing I have scrapped the idea of a forthcoming single, sorry.

I stand by my accusation that supporters of this issue are not helping their cause. Try working with rather than against the authorities here. We live in a litigious society now, not everyone nicks hub caps, some jump on the 'must sue' bandwagon. That aside there is a very genuine terrorist threat out there, and anyone who denys it is a fool.

As a matter of interest my own local Associated British Ports harbour long ago banned anglers from the harbour wall. But we only have to ask!!

[ 13. November 2004, 04:44 PM: Message edited by: Peter Waller ]

Peter theres been a genuine terrorist threat out there for decades a real one with real bombs and they did not close the dock to fishermen (i think I am repeating myself) you could get in your car now this minuet and drive to the dock drive in through the gates get out of your car have a stroll round and you will not be challenged, now take your rods with you do exactly the same, but this time take your rods and tackle out of the car, we will support you in your court case.

HiPete,

With you on this one , well put.

Im sure the guys outside the court , feel that they are doing a good job.

But sadly I think all they are doing is highlighting the fact that SOME fisherman , are not prepared to be reasonable, and realise that some rules have to be made, and obeyed.

Their actions and protest could cast a very dull light on Fisherman and their sport.

The Anti brigade are going to love this, and flaunt it for all its worth.

Saying no more on the subject.

YY :)

Yak how are the anti brigade going to love this have I missed something are they being charged with cruelty to animals as well, you cant just be absent from here for a few days post this and say your saying no more on the subject and paddle off. Justify yourself man or I'll make some new logos demanding justification from yak.

Peter, what are you on about, single? :confused: It was not I who posted about that, I asked how many friends do YOU go fishing with?

Our words are falling on deaf ears :( you (as in some of the posters on here) chat about sticking together, codswallop. :mad:

I Remember the Country Alliance thread, Peter you were against that as you were the hunting one :rolleyes: Next you will want to ban fishing out of Norfolk. :D

Guest jay_con

Fool is as fool does. There may be a genuine terrorist threat out there but I dont think it comes from a couple of scousers going fishing in the mersey - In a black cab lol.

It was me who asked about the new single pete. Im genuinely interested. Tell me did you meet Darious when you were on popstars? What did you make of him. A bit to confident for my liking.

Cant wait for the new single, I hope it makes christmas number 1.

Sanctuary.

This is getting tiresome , and i dont want to get into a slanging match with you or anyone else.

The protest outside the court is folly.

It will make no difference to the fact that these men tried get around the system , and got caught.

The best thing they can do is take it on the chin

and hope the courts are lenient.

All the publicity could prove embarrasing, a group of men waveing flags and banners, for two men who have been caught out doing what they were asked not to.

It portrays fisherman as a group of people who think they are above the law, who are not prepared to act responseibly.

Better the guys with the flags, and other supporters, try to organise a meeting with the port authorities and thrash it out around the table.

As for the anti brigade, if this reaches the papers, and tv , it could set them off aswell.

I wont comment on the Yak thing.....pathetic comment.

YY

Yak your comments are well asked and with out going through in great detail about all the negoations that have taken place over this with all the local clubs and associations over a long periode of time, what you asked for has taken place and been ignored by the docks. the Yak thing was pathetic but it was meant in jest.

[ 13. November 2004, 06:23 PM: Message edited by: sanctuary ]

It would certainly be interesting to find out what consultation was done before the new rules were implemented, finding out who concieved and implemented them (government, local or commercial directive?), if they have a time limit, if is there a threat measurement to determine when the rules could be relaxed, and how other measures are affecting other users of the port.

Lets keep it informed rather than inflamatory