Anglers charged under Terrorism Laws

Leon Roskilly

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is clear they were fishing there without permission, right?

I think we all get too complacent about terrorist attacks. The way things are in the world today I would rather we be over cautious than not bother at all.

I have seen the devistation both here & in Ireland caused by terrorist attacks, I do not forget that easy.

I await the safe return of my occupants that are serving out in the Gulf, trying to make the world a safer place for us all to live in.

I am sorry but these guys were in the wrong so they pay the price. All the links that have been put on this thread clearly state who to contact if you want to fish there. There is no mention of loosing the right to fish there. If people keep abusing it and do not get the right permission THEN it will be lost to anglers but who will have had the right to fish there taken away??

Yes a couple of thoughtless anglers breaking the rules :(:(

In case you forgot there is a war still going on and our security is still at a 'highish' level because we are involved in this war, I know chesters 'red tape'! but it's that red tape that helps keep this country safe.

lyn

One life, live it, love it, fish it!

lyn your talking as if we have never had a problem with terrorists before as if its all a new threat, where have you been the last 30yrs. We were under attack from the IRA being bombed for years but did we shut the docks to anglers then NO, so why have things in this country had to change because America fears it will be attacked. WE have over reacted to the situation we are being attacked less at the moment than several years ago. No what has happened is that America says we have to introduce new laws to combat thier terrorism yet they sponsored the terrorism against us by allowing fund raising in their country for Norade, but that is now convieiently forgot, tell that to the familys in warrington and else were whos lost their loved ones with money raised in the USA.

Then they wonder why people are not over joyed to help them in thier hour of need, its perhaps this double standard that has brought about their current problems through out the world. And this is from some one who belives we should back them in this fight against terrorism but wonders why they did not do the same to help us in our hour of need.

were there dead americans in iraq or dead brits when saddam was the boss ?? i cannot see the iraq situation as making the world safer, more the opposite.

it really riles me when normal people have to cow tow to money orientated companies that corrupt and bribe their way into owning large parts of the country side then forbid people who for generations before enjoyed themselves using it ,they didnt abuse the land they just used it for pleasure or for a living ,more corrupt are the so-called carers of our country ,the councils that seem to think that selling land to bail their selfinterested flights of fancy out when they go wrong or to bolster their own inflated ego's. they (the councils )are entrusted to look after our interests not sell them to the highest bidder until its all gone :mad:

more evil are the N.T. who bully boy their way into geting swathes of the country and then put restrictions on the former users and have the bare faced cheek to ask them to pay for it :mad:

take bourne woods for instance the rspb now own it (using public money donated in good faith) "no restriction of public use "they said before buying it ,the first thing they did was fence it off and restrict access to 3 gates :mad: now its all going to be cut down chasing out the birds that live there to make way for a couple of dartford warblers that may take up residence :confused:

you may gather i have a problem with authority you betcha i do when its unjust ,we do have rights of access if its been for generations and bugger them that say we dont ,if the world wasent run by corrupt profiteering money grabbing human abusing big business "terrorists" wouldnt be so riled up when the said companies try to bully their

way into foreign realms and tell them what to do :mad: "Red tape!" has never made anyone safer its just tied up people that pose no threat ,do you think the I.R.A. were put of by laws or rules,get a life!

thank you

[ 09. November 2004, 11:46 PM: Message edited by: chesters1 ]

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Guest jay_con

Very well put chesters.

At one time, all land belonged to all people. Now it belongs to a select few who want to make money from that land and deny everyone else access to and enjoyment from it.

I say good luck to the scousers, I hope more of you continue to flout these rediculous rules and go fishing on land that was stolen from you.

I stick 2 fingers in the face of the capitalists.

Lyn, forgive me if I sound harsh but you must open a door to enter or exit :rolleyes:

these men are not thoughtless anglers, one of those men is losing his business through the loss of permits for God sake!!

I would bet on it that the security would know the face of one of them, he practically lives on the "wall". :)

You know quite well, when you have a local park and are a constant walker around the lake, faces become familiar, its the same with one of these men.

Chesters1 your spot on with these companys, organisatoins and councills that take over our rights and start to charge us for some thing that has been a natural right for generations.

Look at Angelsey they are now charging £10 to launch your boat from the beach they have provided no facilities you get nothing for your £10 other than the right to launch your boat from a beach that you had a right to launch from untill they introduce a bylaw. The aim of the bylaw is to controll jet skis so they said then wack everyone with a charge, now they are talking of you having to have 3rd party insurance and power boat level 2 cert. But if you get there before or after the beach warden has finished work you can launch with out any of this or pay the £10 so when do the jet skis launch, so much for the councills "good intentions" its all about making money.

Guest jay_con

Thank god were not so unfortunate here.

The land at the local cliffs where a lot of us fish is owned by Lord Normanby (queens cousin I beleive). This guy lets us use the cliffs without any questions asked. cant get fairer than that.

****@@WINTER@@****:

Very well put chesters.

At one time, all land belonged to all people. Now it belongs to a select few who want to make money from that land and deny everyone else access to and enjoyment from it.

since 1066 all of england has belonged to the crown subject to a few priveleged individuals who were given freedom (freehold) to do as they liked on their land in return for supplying serfs (the majority of folks including the ancestors of the people on here) to fight irrelevant wars.

england still belongs to the crown, more people now have rights to do what they want with it (freehold interests)in return for which they are subject to the laws of the land. Which give more freedoms than those serfs ever had, so from a purely legal point of view winter, you're completely wrong.

phil,

JOIN ANMC TODAY

Lyn said...I think we all get too complacent about terrorist attacks. The way things are in the world today I would rather we be over cautious than not bother at all.Maybe if the Port Police were over cautious,then the sea anglers might understand the restrictions,but they are as laid back about security as they have ever been.If the barriers are permanently down,and everyone wishing to enter the docks,was challenged by the Port Police,asking for i.d/what their business is/where they are going e.t.c then that would imply a tightening of security...however,it is only the anglers who are being challenged...can you not see the injustice in that?We either have blanket security measures for everyone,or non at all