Anglers charged under Terrorism Laws

Leon Roskilly

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chesters wrote " Anglers must apply through the North West Angling Club Association for permission to fish on the port."

TWODDLE!!! The NWASAC used to control the photographic passes for the docks and lost it through the new rules, They have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with the new regulations. Bad feelings are felt toward the NWASAC within a greater part of Merseysides recreational anglers for not keeping us better informed. I was once proud to be a memeber, I hope they support the lads in court and maybe, just maybe anglers will respect them again,

www.nwasac.com The NWASAC website

www.castandcatch.com The voice of the North West

Yakity??

If 10 individuals, turn up as a group. What happens when the security guard asks the name of `your mate`, thats standing next to you?

We don`t use J`s anymore!!

the so called security measures that have arrived post 911 are so arse about face it really isn't funny...there are definately rules and laws that have been implemented that are more to do with reducing hassle than increasing security. At the low level, those that enforce the rules aren't even told why they exist, consequently it leaves them little room for manouver beyond the book when they are faced with a problem.

at the end of the day these anglers if local must of known about this as signs have got to be displayed. like myselfe no that parts of shoebury ness is out of bounds as it's MOD. yes i now that they are fellow anglers like many of us but we would not be having this debate if it was to do with any other activity would we

Regards

Paul.s

----------------------------------

Live for today as there might not be a tommorrow!!!

jp-tackle.co.uk

Comments from other Forums.

(1)

There is a lesson get the full SP before you spout off

the place is Liverpool

the two gents that’s a giggle

some charge or another - fishing the Alex dock wall which is some where they have been fishing from kids

and there dads were kids

national security = its the bush mob taking over the UK

we are puppets bush says jump and we jump through a hoop.

so THE LESSON FOR TODAY GET YOU FACTS BEFOR YOU SPOUT OFF

Due to fact that 1 of the North West best cod marks has been taken away from us.. We have battled in vain to try and save it from closer. The 2 lads Ste and Dave didn’t do anything wrong really. They simply fished a venue that’s been used for years by many generations!!

They are up on anti terrorism act.. and taking photo's of the venue without permission..

They are to appear in court on Thursday 11th Nov 04... We are planning to have a mass meet outside court to show our solidarity towards fellow anglers.. This is going to be the start of a national campaign to save our venues, all the national papers and TV and radio have been informed and are showing great response...

Its appeared on the Granada news and I’m sure it will be more widely shown...

Please show your support and leave a message by going to this link...

Cast & Catch

THERE IS INFO all over the web

The lads in this story Steve Davis and Dave Irvine are fishing pals

THEY are standing up for anglers is a pity more don’t do the same

or do we all learn the lesson and tow the line.

Whitby next they may be trying to stop angling on the pier

there have been anglers asked to leave this venue

when will it stop

ANGLERS UNITED WE STAND

It’s the lesson to be learnt that gets me,

there is a fight to be fought in Liverpool for now but we will lose marks all over the UK if we don’t stand up now

that is the only lesson we need.

ANGLERS UNITE AND STAND UP

These lads are not Terrorists; they are Fishermen/Anglers like you and me.

They may get a slap around the ear, but taken to court because they are likely terrorists.

Some of the comments make me cringe; our forefathers gave their lives so the likes of you and me could go about our country without fear. I now think that if we had to stand up and be counted, a lot of heads would be stuck in tackle boxes.

Cheers 4 Now

John E

ANBanna.gif

posted by pete C&C

quote:

TWODDLE!!! The NWASAC used to control the photographic passes for the docks and lost it through the new rules,
not my words mate straight of the links page

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Well!!! you know the british public, we jump down people's throats before we learn the facts.

I must add that access to the "Alex Wall" area was allowed to permit holders....this has recently been denied and the excuses are terrorist crap. :mad:

Go down yourselves and see, most anyone can drive in without being stopped and as I stated before, take your rods out and its a NO! NO!. :rolleyes: