• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

had enough of scotland in the winter have you dave!!!LOL

¿where you coming to stay en españa? :thumbs:

Hi CC

Yep, I must be getting old but you can keep the nasty cold wet stuff. Having said that two years ago in February we were inland from Lorca in Murcia, up near Velez Rubio, when the Granada motorway was blocked by snow :unsure: It looks really strange to see an orange tree laden with ripe fruit, with snow on the branches :)

We will be staying inland from Mojacar in Almeria in a place called Turre. Arriving in October and back to bonny Scotland in April, but if all goes according to plan we will be making the move permanent about this time next year.

Back in the 80s, when I was working in Africa we used to live in Gandia, not a million miles from you.

If it's OK I might get in touch about fishing. There are some dams in Murcia that have a good head of carp in them and I really fancy a shot on the fly from a float tube :D

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

Guest Brumagem Phil

There was a BMW 530d touring at the local ex-plod auction tonight. Sorry, didn't spot how much it went for though, but you'd be amazed at how much you'd save over a showroom.

New ones are silver not white.....a few dinks here and there and the odd screwhole in the dash from the old radio but generally in pretty good order and of course well maintained.

Guess 4k ish for a 2002/2003 model with about 70k on it?

I would have thought there must be auctions of this type in Glasgow.

Hi Dave,

I had a Merc E class as a hire car for three months when I was working all over the place a couple of years ago. Couldn't fault it for comfort, ride, handling, etc and it was a pure pleasure to take on the motorways. It was a deisel so not too thirstty on the old juice but I'd imagine servicing, etc could get a bit pricey.

Ian

"If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving isn't for you"

There was a BMW 530d touring at the local ex-plod auction tonight. Sorry, didn't spot how much it went for though, but you'd be amazed at how much you'd save over a showroom.

New ones are silver not white.....a few dinks here and there and the odd screwhole in the dash from the old radio but generally in pretty good order and of course well maintained.

One might even Find one in Inverness. Glasgow is a bit of a hike (280 mile round trip) from Aviemore.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

OI OI,

hiya phil how do you find out about police auctions as you know i was born & bread in brum & me old feller used to go all the time & always managed to get 3 bicicals for us, so how do i find out about them up here

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

BILL.........nemo mortalium omnibus horis sapit,

ENGLAND & ST GEORGE, C,MON

BRUMMIE IN EXSILE..........yo aint sin me roite

However The Vauxhall is a very comfortable car, I drove one for about 45,000 miles.

Have to agree with Kleinboet on that. My folks had a 2.5 V6 Omega saloon which I drove a fair bit, and it was very comfy. Out of the two, I think I'd go for the Merc, although personally I'd look for a diesel or an E320; that's an awful big whale of a car, and the figures for the engine in the E240 suggest it's going to be a bit lacking in low end torque.

The 'Shalhambra' people movers are hard to beat in 'estate car' mode (leave out the rear seats and use load cover).

Huge load area and no intrusion of stuff into the seating area. (although you can load spilt in 1/3rds!)

The Seat Alhambra version is great value to, you get a VW for a lot less dosh, The Diesel uses the golf lump and will go on for ages - manuals will use less juice than a Volvo to - had V70 on hire the other month lovely motor but had to fill up twice just to get to Norwich and back!

Things to watch out for with the Shalhambras - Air con, Central locking, & Suspension worn, interior fittings take a bashing form little paws and knees.

Spares are cheap - and easy to get as most are standard Golf / Passat bits.

And this is very hard to beat - you can get a 12ft rod in made up!

Mines a great motor - only wish it was diesel and not 10 yrs old & 130K miles.

(Oh - and they all come with 'family man' in big white letters on the side)

PS. DO NOT GET THE FORD VERSION - you get a ford engine and ford dealers ;) (been there - will not be repeating the experience thanks)

Jealousy: totally irrational anger directed at people who happen to be richer, prettier, thinner, cleverer and more successful than you are.

There was a BMW 530d touring at the local ex-plod auction tonight.

Now that is top of my list when I change cars; I bought the RX8 largely because it was the only sports car I could get my fishing gear into, but I think next time I'm getting an Elise and a big, well depreciated, diesel powered German barge. 530D is definitely the driver's choice out of that lot. Might not be ideal for Dave, though, I don't think they are as spacious as the other cars he's considering.