The "ring Thing"

kleinboet

Perhaps it's called "the ring thing" because apparently, many of the teenage participants don't regard, ahem, "alternative sex" as losing their virginity.

Coo she must be really brave then if she has a biblical reference engraved around her "ring" i mean i'm heavily tattooed but even i wouldn't fancy that :yucky::blink:

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Snakey1 - You say the ring is just a publicity stunt to sell more rings - does that mean everyone who makes crosses or crucifixes are doing it "just as a publicity stunt to sell more crosses"?

There are people that BELIEVE in these items!

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

I will give you an example.

We have been told that our Post Office is to close at the end of July. We are protesting this as I live in a "hardship"area. We have LOADS of unmarried mothers an pensioners who use this post office.

klienboet just what planet do you come from?

"CHELTENHAM" where you live........."A HARDSHIP AREA" :blink:

Snakey1 - You say the ring is just a publicity stunt to sell more rings - does that mean everyone who makes crosses or crucifixes are doing it "just as a publicity stunt to sell more crosses"?

So what? Some people believe in Yuri Geller, there is even a bunch of loons who still think the earth is flat.

Coo she must be really brave then if she has a biblical reference engraved around her "ring" i mean i'm heavily tattooed but even i wouldn't fancy that :yucky::blink:
You don't fancy having you ring runed then?

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

So what? Some people believe in Yuri Geller, there is even a bunch of loons who still think the earth is flat.

Yuri works wonders for my old spoons , and one day I WILL reach the end of the earth , then the solar system , the universe .........then what.....? What's after the Universe? Anyone know?

Fishing is fishing , Life is life , but life wouldn't be very enjoyable without fishing................ Mr M 12:03 / 19-3-2009

Oh good grief. I should know better than to debate with someone who finds it impossible to follow the simplest argument. You said that the Australians wouldn't allow Sikhs to wear turbans. The part of the quote that you've highlighted shows that, not only are the Australians happy to allow Sikhs to wear turbans, they're even prepared to put pressure on the French to allow Sikhs in France to wear them too, which they currently can't (not in government funded schools, at any rate).

Try reading this for the background to what the French are doing, and imagine the trouble we'd have in this country if we did the same. BTW, even the USA thinks that the French are being too hard line on this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_law_on...bols_in_schools

Cory to the froggies defense again.

The French law is misunderstood and the Wikipedia entry is a bit one-sided. To fully understand the position you need to understand a wee bit of French history, from the position of th French equivalent of the 'man on the Hackney omnibus'. As we all know the modern French Republic was born from the 1789-1799 Revolution, but it was not until 1905 that France finally passed legislation to separate Church and State. The law states "The Republic neither recognises, nor salaries, nor subsidises any religion". You can read the more on the law here.

Even though France is a mostly Catholic country, you can't wear a crucifix to a public school in France, and you won't be saying prayers or being taught your faith either. However any religion can build there own private faith schools in France. If the faith school follows the National Curriculum and uses teachers with recognised qualifications the government will even subsidise each place, spending the same as it would on a place in a state school. Catholics do this as do Jews and other religions. If the Muslims wanted to they could build there own schools. The problem is that they would not get subsidised because they would not want to follow the NC so parents would have to pay full fees.

The so-called headscarf law is not really a new law it just re-inforces existing law. Yup that's right folks the French government, just like ours, passes new laws when the existing law would do, if only it were enforced.

Edited by corydoras

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!

Yuri works wonders for my old spoons , and one day I WILL reach the end of the earth , then the solar system , the universe .........then what.....? What's after the Universe? Anyone know?
Theory at the moment is that there is no end. Total entropy, absolute zero for ever.

One thing is sure. 5 billion years from now the sun will become a red giant. It will swell up until it swallows up the orbits of mercury and venus and maybe the earth too. It will be global warming on a run away scale. The Oceans will boil off, soon to be followed by the mantle. If there is anything left of the earth orbiting the sun it will just be a semi-molten mass of iron, formed from the molten core.

Well thankyou for the very detailed post Corydoras and i think that your post speaks for itself in the fact that all the moaning / groaning and griping us humans do is nothing in respect of the bigger picture.

Fishing is fishing , Life is life , but life wouldn't be very enjoyable without fishing................ Mr M 12:03 / 19-3-2009

Well thankyou for the very detailed post Corydoras and i think that your post speaks for itself in the fact that all the moaning / groaning and griping us humans do is nothing in respect of the bigger picture.
I doubt that us humans will be around to witness the grandeur of the event. To me the human race is a bit like a man sitting on a branch of a tree, furiously trying to saw off the limb on which he is sitting. Next to him on the branch he has a team of mates working 24 hours a day to see if they can figure out how to make a better saw. Edited by corydoras

Yes i do believe its a publicity stunt, crosses aren't bugger all to the christian religion unless they've got a little man nailed to them in which case they become crucifixes and then they have a meaning to them. I was brought up in the catholic faith did all the crap that goes with it communion, confession, confirmation crap, hell i was even taught by nuns for a while, if people believe in that b*ll*cks more fool them that will be their undoing.

Someone once said to me about the bible or more specifically the new testement, look at who wrote it, most of them were fishermen, now if a fisherman(commercial or otherwise) came up to you today and said he'd seen the son of god walking on water would you believe him? i know i wouldn't, would you kleinboet? some people believe in the faires at the bottom of the garden it doesn't mean they're real.

The catholic church is one of the biggest land owners in the world and yet according to their own beliefs and their bible it is harder for a rich man to get into heaven than it is to get a camel through the eye of a needle yet you don't see the church giving up its millions strange that isn't it.

there are millions of dollars being made in the religion scam(christian, scientology or otherwise) if you think people wouldn't exploit that fact thats up to you but personally i'm wise to their brainwashing crap now.

Corydoras - no i don't fancy get my ring runed if i was that way inclined i'd go to one of michael barrymores parties :blink: . i'll stick to my bigger chopper i've been told it quite a religious experience by itself :D:D:D .