The "ring Thing"

kleinboet

FWIW that is how I was brought up, British first, being a Scot came second. If I am abroad and I am asked where I am from I say that I am from the UK.

Full marks to your parents Cory :thumbs:

You are however, the only Scot I have ever known say it! :D

Peter.

The loose lines gone..STRIKE.

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Rabbit
good job the spanish dont apply some of those conditions to the brits moving here rabbit.....theyde never get in! :lol:

Yea! waive the criminal conviction.. just bring the dosh :ph34r:

BTW how did you get in? :rolleyes:

good job the spanish dont apply some of those conditions to the brits moving here rabbit.....theyde never get in! :lol:

Likewise in France mate, that really did have me LAUGHING OUT VERY LOUD INDEED.

Integrate, language, laws, They should learn the French way of life before being allowed to settle, health, criminals.

Sure dream on, hey Rabbit, can you speak French? If you could you could be a star turn as a standup comedian. That's better than Jean-Marie Bigard and he can pack 50,000 frogs into the stade de France at €100 a ticket.

Still rolling around slapping my thighs.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Taff , eer Chesters1

Look, lets put the record straight I agree with you, there are too many Immigrants coming over to Britain. yes

They should not have preferential treatment over the domicile citizens no

They should adhere to OUR laws thats up to them

They should intigrate with our community. if they wish

They should learn English it would help

WE should not supply special faith schools.. no including christian

They should learn the British way of life before being allowed to settle. They should have adequate funds before being allowed to settle. yes and no

They should not have a serious criminal conviction. depends what its for

#They should be of a good standard of health. they should be free of a notifiable disease

They should have a suitable qualification, to enable them to pursue the work they seek. depends on what there coming here for

This I sincerely believe.

However we are part of the European Union, Great ain't it? no were in the common market

you get terribly muddled fluffy ,theres immigrants ,asylum seekers and those from within the eu zone coming here for work

if ALL foreigners coming here had to submit a document a year in advance before they were allowed entry then things would certainly slow down ,foreigners include those on stop overs or changing flights.

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

What I cannot understand is that school banned the girl with the ring stating they have a no jewelry rule. I have no problem with that. What I have a problem with is that they ALLOWED piercing (which is jewelry), Bangles (religious no doubt, but still jewelry)!

Let say you went to India and bought a house with a cow grazing in the back garden. You didn't shoot the cow as it is a religious effigy, yet you went to a butcher and DEMANDED some steaks from the hindu behind the counter. That's what this school is doing.

Please don't say cows have nothing to do with this thread - it is an analogy

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

Personally i think all religious symbolism and dogma should be banned from state schools and pupils should be made to wear uniform.
Amen to all of that, except the uniform bit. In France kids don't wear uniforms to school. Our two get clothes bought from the local Carrefour and that is what most French kids wear to school. I don't think that a school should be able to tell you what your child wears to school, nor what store you should buy your child's clothing in (when our kids used to go to school in the UK there was only ONE shop in Southampton that you could buy the uniform and it was NOT a cheap one)

What I cannot understand is that school banned the girl with the ring stating they have a no jewelry rule. I have no problem with that. What I have a problem with is that they ALLOWED piercing (which is jewelry), Bangles (religious no doubt, but still jewelry)!

Let say you went to India and bought a house with a cow grazing in the back garden. You didn't shoot the cow as it is a religious effigy, yet you went to a butcher and DEMANDED some steaks from the hindu behind the counter. That's what this school is doing.

Please don't say cows have nothing to do with this thread - it is an analogy

If it is an analogy its a bad one mate, I used to understand this thread and now I am totally stumped??

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

didnt batmans robin have a holy cow ? he was always calling it

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

OK strike the whole analogy thing.

School uniforms were brought out to stop the children looking down on those less well off than them.

The idea is, EVERYONE looks the same, no matter what religion, income or standing.

Then along come the immigrants and say "we're not having that!" (please remember, this is ENGLAND, not Asia!) Bang goes the uniforms.

This girl, rightly or wrongly, believes in the ring, so she wears it. The school says she can't.

The school accepts Turbans (nothing to do with ENGLAND!) they accept the Asian girls bangles (nothing to do with ENGLAND!) I agree with them wearing it THEY believe in the reilgious conotations.

So why doesn't the school accept the girls beliefs (rightly or wrongly) They already accept hair colouring(personal choice from the student) and piercing (personal choice of the student AND jewelry)

I'm confused as to how it ever got to court!

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

I have read various news reports of this item and cannot find one where it states the school allows piercings of either the ears or any other parts. I did however read that the school said it would have been happy for her to wear a crucifix as it is symbolic of the christian faith but not the ring because it isn't. Her mother is however the company secretary of the business arm of the uk branch of the silver ring thing organisation and as it started in the states maybe it is part of her religion as they worship the almighty dollar over there :D so i've heard.

Anyway does this mean as i follow the asatru religion that i can wander the streets with my large sword in my hand because if i peg it without the sword i'll never get into valhalla ?

Edited by snakey1