Britain's Rivers to Run Dry?

Leon Roskilly

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry cory, that last message went over my head!

Of course they do!! But what has that got to do with "global warming" or "Climate change"!

I know that cows farting does a lot of damage - I wonder if Dynosaurs farted, and that was responsible for their demise!

The argument from ignorance that you make is the same as the one my landlord makes. Just because you cannot see how something can be so does not change the fact that it is so.

Anthropomorphic Global Climate Change is a fact, just as evolution and gravity are facts. Your childish arguments about cows farting, does not change the fact. Just because you don't believe something is a fact or can't accept that something is a fact does not change the actuality.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

scientists are in the pay of someone ;) if that someone has an agenda (and why employ them if you haven't) then suitable figures will be produced!

your thinking of a red planet and a far different thing not earth ,if we bring on a bit of warming far earlier as some presume so what ? if its a 5 degree rise so what ? if the gulf stream stops so what earth has survived far worse and man has but if man disapeared our 4 million year reign is tiny compared to the past a grain of sand on a beach in earths timescale

"scientists" foretold in the 70's only 2% of humans will have survived the millennium no doupt nice fat research grants were handed over ,they were 100% wrong you cannot get it that wrong and still be believed!

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

there is no conclusive proof.
Arrrgh! Science is not about 'conclusive proof' never has been, never will be. :wallbash: :wallbash:

scientists are in the pay of someone ;) if that someone has an agenda (and why employ them if you haven't) then suitable figures will be produced!

your thinking of a red planet and a far different thing not earth ,if we bring on a bit of warming far earlier as some presume so what ?

Hokay Chester, what WOULD it take to CONVINCE you 100% that mankind is responsible for climate change. On second thoughts I'll settle for 60%-80%

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!

theres cannot be any proof its ongoing ,no doupt medieval scholars said we upset god when the thames froze.

are we going to be hotter than it was in the past NO .colder NO ,strange weather NO ,so what influence did man have when the last ice retreated from britain ABSOLUTELY NONE global warming started just after global cooling finished 300 years ago ,400 years before that global warming finished its natural if man disapeared tonight it would cool and warm as it always has in small cycles interspersed with large fluctuations of abouth 10,000 years when big changes occur fast

if you base your "facts" on the recorded weather then it goes back only 300 years when it was colder ,compared to that ofcourse were getting hotter! if the records went back to pre mini ice age then were probably colder than then !!!!

i can predict were going to get hotter its called summer! i can also predict its going to get colder its called winter and you know my assumptions are correct just by looking at cycles ,look back at past cycles then it has been colder and hotter than it is now thus were in a natural cycle not a man made catastrophe.

look at the hysteria about the hole in the ozone layer ,not found that far back ,what if we had found it ten years before and it was twice the size would it be growing or shrinking? :rolleyes: "scientists" instantly gor funding under the fear were all going to fry yet their "facts" were nothing more than conjecture it was growing ,compared to what??? if it were 4 times the size 100 years ago then it would have actually have shrunk not grown :rolleyes:

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

show me your facts ,and then history before calling names

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/River_Thames_frost_fairs

no good just calling names its shows you cannot use words (nor dispute my posts) so just resort to rudeness to make yourself feel better.

if you base statistics on the 17th century we are indeed getting warmer but those "facts" are corrupted by using a non normal base to base them on ,with statistics no doupt i could prove were getting colder if i choose where to base them :rolleyes:

if i base my "facts" on when the dinosaurs roamed the earth we're 10 to 20 degrees colder :P

Edited by chesters1

show me your facts ,and then history before calling names

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/River_Thames_frost_fairs

You know exactly what we are talking about chesters. You purposefully, deliberately confuse local variations in climate whith what we are talking about and you are being wilfully ignorant and best an disingenuous at worst. The burden of proof is not on our side any more, it's up to the contrarians to show that we are wrong now.

I'll ask you again, what would it take to convince you Hokay Chester, what WOULD it take to CONVINCE that mankind is responsible for climate change?

i acknowledge that were interfering with co2 merely by deforestation but co2 in the atmosphere actually contributes to global cooling .

but as i said historically what ever we do has no effect on the earths natural cycles ,as for mans car use or the use of oil its nothing at all but an excuse to raise taxes.

when so called world leading global "scientists" suddenly halve their predictions then theres nothing to say in another ten years they wont again.by then ofcourse funding will come by another fear since global warming will be seen as an excuse not a reason.yes the earth maybe warming it does very frequently but proof that were doing it not nature is unprovable.

0.4 of a degree rise in temp in a 100 years is nothing predictions show it growing nothing more ,learned people have been predicting many things throughout history but to date aliens ,gods and such just havn't turned up .when they do i will ofcourse bow to your knowledge of the future and admit i'm wrong at the end of the century when were gasping in a 3 degree higher temperature i will concur you were correct.

in 1976 when the rivers did run dry then it was rather hot compared to even then were colder! what happened in 76 ? did we all run our gas central heating on full ,rev all our cars and run the hot water to make it hot did the population flush their bogs constantly or drink more water ,nope just nature playing about as it does.

rivers running dry is no more than water companies getting jelous of the huge price hikes in gas and electric and fabricating scare stories so they can hike their prices as well just as they do every year .

ps Cory the "local" variation was worldwide ;)

Edited by chesters1

I started writing a long reply to this but do you know what? Its not worth the effort. What is the point a banging ones head against a brickwall.

This nonsense is indicative of the gradual downturn of this forum. Sorry Elton I've had enough, please could you delete my account?

Thanks,

Rich

i feel exactly the same some people will just not learn that its all happened before :rolleyes:

if your american you can blame the mega drought on the pilgrim fathers and their infernal internal combustion engines

Edited by chesters1