Britain's Rivers to Run Dry?

Leon Roskilly

I am all for recycling...why just dump stuff when it can be reused?

I am all for saving energy...it can save me money and leaving the TV & other stuff on standby is just a waste. No-one likes waste.

I like driving a much smaller car that I used to have...it saves me LOTS of money.

I agree with re-insulating my loft...again, it saves me money and keeps me warmer in winter.

I dont like the government threatening to take me to court if I dont recycle properly.

I dont want to be taxed into doing or not doing something when other countries dont do anything to help the 'potential' situation. If India and China make no changes and contribute much more to gases, cows farting, CO2, etc than we do then whats the point in me paying my government more taxes to waste my time?

Much more study needs to be done, none of the current 'evidence' is conclusive or 100% reliable and still much more needs to be discovered.

Papers will still generate scaremongering headlines...they do this to sell papers to the ignorant.

TV will still come up with shocking news and documentaries...they do this to sell programmes.

Politicians will still create a tax for something that they dont completely understand...they like having two or three properties to live in.

Scientists will still come up with "facts" when they are just elaborated theories and probabilities...they want to keep working as scientists and getting a paper published is something to be proud of.

The world keeps spinning, the human race remains ignorant and hypocritical until we die out and something else comes along.

If anyone of you here can tell me EXACTLY what needs to be done to solve this situation we appear to be in then please elaborate, the world is listening. If not then whats the point of arguing? Be nice, get on with your lives and GO FISHING! :fishing:

Maybe the aliens will save us? :P

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chesters, that's funny, you should be on stage with this stuff. You'd make lots of cash and then you could leave the lights on all day.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

Chesters, that's funny, you should be on stage with this stuff. You'd make lots of cash and then you could leave the lights on all day.

He doesn't need to leave the lights on, that 'mixer' of his must use a lot of energy. Eh, chesters? :D

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

OK - There has been a number of postings saying we should do something, others saying it is normal - as you see from postings, I am one of the latter.

Please show me ONE instance that the money taken by the government, has been put to good use!

I recycle what I can (I always have as I am of a'certain age' and had parents that lived through the war!) but what does the government do?

They are great with rhetoric and taking your money by quoting "emissions".

I have been brought up to lead by example - if the government starts taking this problem seriously and start DOING something other than take our money, then I will start taking notice!!!

Edited by kleinboet

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

that was REALLY great, so much argument that Elton had to make another section to keep all the bile in one place, Will we see the like of those days again :D

i think most of the bile was coming my way (pleased to except it) strange it all subsided when the "facts" came to light :D

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

It's good to see that the 'Climate change' issue is being taken so seriously by everyone. :rolleyes:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/7660806.stm

Puts cycling to work to save emissions into perspective. All you save is your bus fare - and possibly extend your active life a bit (unless of course that same bus knocks you off your bike)

By far the best argument in favour of saving energy is the personal economic one. I didn't install double glazing, roof insulation, cavity wall insulation and all the rest of it to "save the planet", nor to enable Gordon to reach "targets"

I did it to save money - as I begrudge heating East Sussex as well as my home.

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

• 1 year later...

I wonder if anyone has changed their opinions on this issue in light of recent weather. The rivers near me are as low as ever, the temperatures are set to hit 19C at the end of this week.

Rich

(note I know global warming doesn't acutally mean it will get hotter but last time no-one would believe global warming because of the floods.....)

ofcourse not even ten years of unusual weather is not unknown ,we had 300 years of unusually low temperatures 300 years ago ,are we hotter now than 400 years ago?

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson