what is this fish goldfish or golden orfe?

jimba

its probably a modern crucian showing its true colours (no kidding) we have quite a few at stockbridge

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Goldfish.

Golden Orfe are paler with darker fins, like this... http://www.fishingsecrets.co.uk/galleries/...llery/index.php

I'm not an expert but that looks like it has a lot of goldfish in it. I thought that Golden Orfe was just another name for Ide

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

I'm not an expert but that looks like it has a lot of goldfish in it. I thought that Golden Orfe was just another name for Ide

Ide....wild fish

Orfe...ornamental version

Certainly looks like a Goldfish to me apart from the head looks a little long which is unusual for a Goldfish.

Peter.

The loose lines gone..STRIKE.

Following on from the "Rant" thread of Johns.It is very worrying the sheer amount of and ever spreading locations of these "holes inthe ground" fisheries that stock anything! First saw this back in the 90's at MKF match lake.One early in the year session up there seeing me catch an amazing diversity of carp/ornemental hybrids.More recently the midlands fishery that my brother took me to last spring that had a load of Ide/Roach, Ide/Crucian crosses and then the next daythe golf course lake venue that had crucian/glodfish hybrids!

As I keep saying the ornemental trade has a lot to answer for.

In fact even more up to date the River Wandle Ive been fishing recently has a couple of often seen highly visable big Koi in it!

Cant be a good thing surely?

Edited by BUDGIE

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

I'm glad to see it's not just me Budgie.

I've been ranting on about this for years to anyone who'd listen (and to a few who wouldn't).

I've been called, old fashioned, a Luddite, a scaremonger and many other things that I couldn't put on here.

When I've spoken to people who run these 'fisheries', I've been told that they are only giving the anglers what they want, and to some extent, that's true. But how many times have you seen a 'need' created, by someone who has something to sell. It happens a lot within the advertising world.

The fact that certain fish were introduced, 30, 50, 100, 500 yrs ago, and haven't caused too many problems, is often cited as proof that it won't happen in the future. But as far as I'm aware, it has never happened on such a large scale as it does now. Also, the state of some of our major rivers 150-200yrs ago, right up to the 1980s, were in no condition to hold even native fish, never mind any 'alien' species. These polluted areas, acted as a barrier that helped control the spread of some species. The run down of industry during the 1980s has help these rivers to improve immensely and those barriers are no longer there, so the fish that escaped from the flooded areas have more chance of survival, especially when you are talking about thousands of them escaping in one go.

I admit that I am a bit of a pessimist, but I think in this case it's with good reason.

John.

Edited by gozzer

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John