Oh well , seeing as no-one else will............

BULLDRAGON

Guest tigger

It's political correctness that's causing all the problems!

The poor chap who got beaten to death the other day would be on charges if he'd given a slap to one of the scumbags.

The scum know they're protected by the law and it gives them bottle to go to the extreme.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ken your mention of alcohol being involved, just reminded me of todays headline news, raise the drinking age up to 21!

They're drinking from the age of 10 & 11 (& younger), what flaming difference is it going to make to them. I'm convinced now that we're governed by people totally out of touch with the reality of life outside the ivory tower, or are simply counting votes rather than opening their eyes to the effect of their policies.

As for the curfew Bulldragon, it would need to be enforced to be effective, have you seen anything that suggests to you the police & the judiciary have the willpower to see it through?...no neither have I mate.

Well I thought it was rant over :rolleyes:

Edited by peter mccue

Peter.

The loose lines gone..STRIKE.

Nice one mate :clap2:

When the Teddy Boys etc were at it they were at least kicking three skittles out of each other and not old ladies.

It would appear in it least one case the youths involved were under the influence of drink, now what would have happened if the ensuing argument had gone the other way and the chap had kicked arse, he would have been dragged up in court and accused of hitting minors and probably sent down.

The problem with canning all these yobs is we haven't enough prison space, however if they were given a good flogging early on in their career of vandalism I doubt very much if they would chance a second dose, and it would stop a lot of idiots following suit, they would think twice about getting a good flogging.

Politically correct ? No I would admit it but I am certain it would work.

let the prisoners out that are in prison for non payment of fines (let them work the fines off in the community at basic "pay" rates) that will give more room and ofcourse fill up the prison ship weir? again after all prisoners are there for punishment who cares if its a little old and rusty ,soldiers get put in conditions far worse than prisoners and they havent broken the law!

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

let the prisoners out that are in prison for non payment of fines (let them work the fines off in the community at basic "pay" rates) that will give more room and ofcourse fill up the prison ship weir? again after all prisoners are there for punishment who cares if its a little old and rusty ,soldiers get put in conditions far worse that prisoners and they havent broken the law!

But surely locking the youths up is "dealing" with the problem and not "curing" it?

What can be done to eradicate this very real problem?

In the space of 10 years (maybe more , maybe less) the youth "yob" culture has grown to an uncalculable rate.

WHAT is the fuel / accelerant for such growth? Something has to be feeding this unruly culture.

Is it one or a number of things?

Guest tigger
Ken your mention of alcohol being involved, just reminded me of todays headline news, raise the drinking age up to 21!

They're drinking from the age of 10 & 11 (& younger), what flaming difference is it going to make to them. I'm convinced now that we're governed by people totally out of touch with the reality of life outside the ivory tower, or are simply counting votes rather than opening their eyes to the effect of their policies.

Your allowed to drink alcohol at any age, the law says you can't be served or sold it under 18yrs of age. So a 4yr old can stagger round getting **** if it was given the booze.

I don't know if they have but they should make it illegal to drink alcohol pon the street.

you wont cure it but dealing with it is second best.

people break the law because they can ,laws dont stop anything but the fear of getting caught and punished (punishment as in 30 years ago when convicts lived in a cell with just a bucket as a friend) stops most people breaking the law!

pointless putting someone in prison if their cells better than what they have at home so remove the tellies and mobile phones and punish them not entertain them whilst they spend a few months at a holiday camp

if you in prison you cannot commit crime outside (well you can in open prison) longer sentences ,more convictions more fear works wonders for the majority!

the hardline lot get 3 strikes and they are lifers ,pointless getting a couple of months in nick for something and getting 50 TIC ,they are all offences so treat them as seperate ones and sentence consecutively rather than concurrently (if thats the right way round) those 50 sentences even at minimum should let them die long before they worry those on the outside again.

the age should also be dropped of those that can be done for lawbreaking ,3 year olds and above ,lying down screaming in sainsburies should be 10 years at least

"I don't know if they have but they should make it illegal to drink alcohol pon the street."

theres plenty of no alcohol zones in existance but no coppers to enforce it ,no punishment if they do!

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

you wont cure it but dealing with it is second best.

people break the law because they can ,laws dont stop anything but the fear of getting caught and punished (punishment as in 30 years ago when convicts lived in a cell with just a bucket as a friend) stops most people breaking the law!

pointless putting someone in prison if their cells better than what they have at home so remove the tellies and mobile phones and punish them not entertain them whilst they spend a few months at a holiday camp

if you in prison you cannot commit crime outside (well you can in open prison) longer sentences ,more convictions more fear works wonders for the majority!

the hardline lot get 3 strikes and they are lifers ,pointless getting a couple of months in nick for something and getting 50 TIC ,they are all offences so treat them as seperate ones and sentence consecutively rather than concurrently (if thats the right way round)

But what has caused such a significant rise in the youth yob culture in such a short space of time? If it were to be found then could it not be capped?

Saying we won't cure it is as good as admitting defeat

Edited by BULLDRAGON

I was talking recently to someone who works in a school. He was telling me that the teachers effectively have no sanctions that the pupils fear. They can just refuse to cooperate with any punishments and the worst that will happen is that they will get a short suspension. This is not a failing inner city sink school, this is in rural Scotland, in a school which comes in the top 10% for exam results. If the kids have no boundaries and do not learn that actions have consequences, it's no surprise that they grow into monsters.

I was talking recently to someone who works in a school. He was telling me that the teachers effectively have no sanctions that the pupils fear. They can just refuse to cooperate with any punishments and the worst that will happen is that they will get a short suspension. This is not a failing inner city sink school, this is in rural Scotland, in a school which comes in the top 10% for exam results. If the kids have no boundaries and do not learn that actions have consequences, it's no surprise that they grow into monsters.

i had a year at a scottish school and the sting of a tawse (sp?) made me think very quickly about being naughty again .punishment at an early age in most cases makes punishment at a later one less common.

kids need to learn right from wrong early left to after 10 its far to late!

But what has caused such a significant rise in the youth yob culture in such a short space of time? If it were to be found then could it not be capped?

Saying we won't cure it is as good as admitting defeat

its is defeat weve been punishing the bad since we crawled out of caves but it still goes on ,killing or putting them somewhere they cant hurt others is the only way of stopping the individuals law breaking .polite conversation doesent do anything.its FEAR that works ,no coppers (i have seen one this year on foot in town) no FEAR so they carry on doing it.

even when a copper actually catches someone the baddie knows full well a mention he's from a broken home or his dad took drugs,alcohol or abused him lets him off scot free by the saps in magistrate courts that are far too lenient.rather than maximun sentences minimum ones would be far more of a fear.none of this reduction for good behaviour or a 1/3rd off 5 years is 5 years and more if your not behaved.

the word "joy riding" pisses me of they are CAR THIEVES so should be treated as such!

some crimes are worth doing embezzle a few million and get a year in jail is a pretty good deal if you ask me and far better than the pay most people get!! and ofcourse they dont pay for food or rent or council tax either.

its getting so that only crimes with violence are crimes all the rest are just playing about or high spirits and they get a warning for being naughty!

Edited by chesters1

I do vaguely remember reading something along the lines (5 years ago-ish) of a legislation introduced of child safety / child brutality.

Could this be the culprit.

Not to inflame anyones feelings on the matter , i do fully support the legislation 1000% (child abuse in any shape or form is wrong FULL STOP) , but i feel that the "wheels that turn" have pretty much slipped up in their definition of the ruling.

Rulings since the legislation have been introduced into mainstream school, have pretty much handed the reigns over to the pupil.

Suspension / expulsion is a trophy for the guilty party and the only incoveniance being that they can't "show off" in school until the suspension has run out.

Stabbings / beatings have become second nature since it was introduced with massive media coverage (it probably happened before , but no where near as often / common as it does nowadays)