New Scottish sea angling conservation group

SSACN

like the english versions i hope you only speak on behalf of your members and not give the impression your speaking for every sea angler ;)

Exactly.

Organisations should have a number after them so that those interested and those they speak too on behalf of their members can see the number of people behind that organisation.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm, Whats with the curt replies....do I sense some bad blood here ????, when , on the other forum, a poster asked a very similar question, you posted a large reply..

Cheers Norrie

I'm glad that someone else out there thought the reply was a wee bit out of order.

Was just trying to get some clarification before deciding whether or not to join and contribute some hard earned dosh. Needless to say the decision is now made :D

Nick

...life

what's it all about...?

How to win friends and INFLUENCE people. Here endeth the first lesson!!

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

Cheers Norrie

I'm glad that someone else out there thought the reply was a wee bit out of order.

Was just trying to get some clarification before deciding whether or not to join and contribute some hard earned dosh. Needless to say the decision is now made :D

What gets me is, that the SSCAN wants to represent ME!!! ( which I DO appreciate ) to the powers that be....if they cant be civil to a simple query, what chance have we got with meetings with the guys in power....:(

As the reply said...

"The first post states quite clearly this is an independent organisation

and is answerable only to our own membership"

Sorry, but I wont be in the membership of this one !!! Not with an attitude like that !!! :(

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

Some of us have more important things in our lives than sitting at the computer waiting to answer your comments.

The first post states quite clearly this is an independent organisation

and is answerable only to our own membership

If that`s the case. I suggest you stick to your own website!! :yucky::yucky:

We don`t use J`s anymore!!

Hmmm, Whats with the curt replies....do I sense some bad blood here ????, when , on the other forum, a poster asked a very similar question, you posted a large reply..

Quote:

Originally Posted by wibblywobbly View Post

Is this just another organisation that anglers are to expected to contribute towards.The scottish federation of sea anglers remit is to safeguard the sport of sea angling in scotland and to fight for and protect their interests.Does this not mean that they should be doing all they can to conserve the fish stocks so that anglers have something to fish for,if so then why should i pay twice for the same thing, being a sfsa member.The sfsa is the only recognised body so surely we should be keeping it all under the one banner ,the last thing we need is another organisation being formed.

Technically this is a new organisation but should be looked at as the amalgamation of three.

There will actually be two less organisations operating in Scotland

We will be far more efficient and better organised than we ever could be under three different banners. We even have a website www.ssacn.org

We announced the plans for a single organisation at a meeting with Scottish exec fisheries officers two weeks ago. Further communications between us indicate we are firmly recognised and have another meeting with them in a few months time.

In attendance for SSACN was Ian Burrett, (SOS) Denus Kelly (SACN) and Steve Bastiman from the SFSA.

At the meeting Ian Burrett gave a lengthy talk about the need for an immediate shark management plan to protect the Spurs, common skate, on the West coast of Scotland. tope on the SW coast and Porbeagle in the North.

We were surprised at how little the executive knew; for example they weren't aware of the Glasgow Museum Skate tagging programme and were surprised to hear how little the skate moved around. They had considered them migratory fish. They were also unaware Defra had issued Eu ruling in the North Sea to implement laws to conserve the Thornback Rays,

We also offered our services to run a combined SEERAD/SSACN tagging programme for the Spurs.

All the above points were received with great interest and we have been promised a follow up letter once the officers concerned return from holiday.

Steve then put forward our case for inclusion on the new Inshore fishery groups. These will be similar to the English sea fishing committees where local issues are decided by local people. The exec under Mr Finnie was adamant this was for commercials only but we have been lobbying hard for RSA inclusion. The decision should be announced at the next meeting.

Unless you opted to pay the £3 ring-fenced for conservation with the federation then you aren't paying twice. Those that did pay the £3 will be offered three months free subscription to SSACN on request.

For too long in Scotland ,individuals have been battling away on their own but we now have a willing team ready to take on the challenges.

The more anglers join us and get involved the more we we can accomplish. End Quote..

but when Nick asks a perfectly sensible question its ignored.....I was actually going to ask the same question, and thank god I didnt.

Nick is a very good friend of mine, and I am NOT "sticking up " for him, he can do that himself...AND, I have NOT been in contact with him about this , BUT, I would have posted this, had it been anyone asking ....:)

Now, I dont want to get involved in any arguments you may or may not have...but it certainly doesnt endear your organisation to my heart..... IMHO the tone of your eventual reply was totally uncalled for....

Rant over now..:):)

Hi Norrie

The post was not meant to sound so aggressive and I apologise for that. Nick asked a reasonable question at 06:54 PM. Three hours later at 09:53 PM. he was having a dig at the organisation for not responding immediately to his question.

"well it looks as though the communication strategy is about par for the course..."

I had just posted a long reply between phone calls from my customers and writing a letter to Defra about the recent Porgie killings, to a question on another forum at 9.44 when this appeared on the other forum

"well as you have chosen not to answer this on another forum I'll ask it here."

In my opinion both these comments, were unnecessary given just three hours to respond.

I hadn't chosen not to answer Nick's original question I just hadn't had time to look at the AN posts.

I had been busy since 8 O'clock in the morning and hadn't even had a chance to sit down with the family, so Nick's sarcastic comments did annoy me,

I could have worded my response better and again I apologise if I caused offence

As you know I am not known for my tact and diplomacy. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Ian Burrett

The point I was making was that

The bit I just do not understand is how the new body can be "independent" and then claim that one of it's constituent bodies is a part of the SFSA. How can part of the SFSA leave the SFSA and create a new body?

What happens to the SFSA commitment to conservation - is that thrown out of the window?

I'm sorry Ian, but I just cannot see how this works at all.

Nick

...life

what's it all about...?

Very good luck for the future you guys and i hope you acheive what have obviously taken a lot of time and trouble setting up. Look forward to your future successfull results.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..