CHINA PREPARES FOR 2008 OLYMPICS

Guest tigger

Oh that saddens me.........but doesn't surprise me. :D

If I changed my name to Rover, would you like me then ?

John.

Tigger, John is a smashing chap, :rolleyes: shiny coat.. :blink: cold wet nose.... :D :D :D Loyal too...:):)

Joke BTW....

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tigger, John is a smashing chap, :rolleyes: shiny coat.. :blink: cold wet nose.... :D :D :D Loyal too...:):)

Joke BTW....

:clap2::clap2:

But I don't hump your leg, pee on lamp posts, or crap in the street.

You forgot about that Norrie.

John.

PS. But I have been known to chase cats out of the garden.

Edited by gozzer

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

What do you think should happen to all the strays that are roaming the streets Tigger?

John.

There isn't many roaming the streets these days Gozzer. Gone is the day of the dog giving another dog a "piggy back" up the street.

It's all down to the good old dog warden.

My uncle (and owner of this username) had his dog taken from his back yard (terraced house with walls either side of back yard and a 5 foot gate always locked) but yet the dog warden gained access to the yard , took the dog and charged my uncle for the release fee. duh

And all because the neighbour complained of a noisy dog nextdoor. When asked , the dog warden said that the release fee was for a "stray" , plenty of shouting later my uncle paid the fee.

Easy money i suppose. True story by the way.

I'm in total agreement with you on that one BD, I apologise for being a tad quick in my reply :)

Cheers Norrie , no need to apologise mate as thats whats so great about this forum. You / i / everyone gets to vent their spleen :thumbs: :thumbs:

As i know only toooo well.

There might not be round your way Mr M, Hemsworth is just a small place. (Used to take the kids to the water park, when they were younger)

But there are plenty in Leeds. If you phone the dog warden, by the time they get here, the dogs have wandered off.

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

There might not be round your way Mr M, Hemsworth is just a small place. (Used to take the kids to the water park, when they were younger)

But there are plenty in Leeds. If you phone the dog warden, by the time they get here, the dogs have wandered off.

John.

Aye , very fair comment John , i'm only commenting on my area i suppose. Point taken :thumbs:

:clap2::clap2:

But I don't hump your leg, pee on lamp posts, or crap in the street.

You forgot about that Norrie.

John.

PS. But I have been known to chase cats out of the garden.

John, As long as you dont hump my leg, you can do what you like !!!! :D :D :D

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

Guest tigger
Oh that saddens me.........but doesn't surprise me. :D

If I changed my name to Rover, would you like me then ?

John.

I shouldn't have siad that John (sorry m8) a bit nasty on my part but I'm just a bit annoyed after seeing the [edit - word removed. Newt] treating those dogs like that.

Guest Brumagem Phil

LOL, what a commotion about a few dogs?! The chinese need to sort out their treatment of people before a few rabied hounds.

Remind me by the way, how do we dispatch a fish? Oh yeah, we club it around the head. :rolleyes:

Me, I'm biased anyway cos I'm not a big fan of dogs and an even smaller fan of most their owners..........next door but two have some oriental thing (shiatsu is it?? I dunno) and the thing keeps coming in our garden (cos they are too lazy to cut the grass intheir own) and leaves human sized turds on my lawn each day.....well it did until I made it impossible for it to do so and besides the neigbours probably got fed up me lauch these great turds back onto their patio! :rolleyes:

Same thing on the canal.......setting up to fish is like setting up in some kind of stinking mine field. Same goes at Earlswood too.

Then you get the dog walkers who dont put the dogs on leads (most of them) and they come bounding down the peg sniffing in your bait and the owners sayin "its ok he wont hurt you, he's only after the bait" my usual reply asks them if he's interested in the bait thats hair rigged to a larged barbed hook..............they soon disappear.

My missus has a big phobia of dogs.......what is it about dog owners that they simply can't accept this and come out with rubbish like "its ok he wont hurt you" when he's barking and jumping up and down around a phobic individual.

I'm with ken, I'd happily employ a squad of these chinese dog mafia to come and patrol some of the places I go to fish! :thumbs: