Anger At Rising Cost Of Concessionary Rod Licences

Elton

I have just fought my way through the biggest lot of pomposity I have ever Read!!

I am disabled: I have Angina, C.O.P.D.Y (VERY dangerous combination), Spondilylosis, and a damaged spine! AND I WILL GLADLY SWAP MY DISABILITIES TO ANY ONE OF YOU THAT ARE COMPLAINING ABOUT CONCESSIONARY LICENCES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Matt Hillman: Disabled people like myself often use shopping trolleys as Zimmer frames!

Disabled people cannot use MOST waters that are not disabled friendly - This means - most rivers, a lot of canals and, funnily enough, a lot of commercials. I for one need a parking space behind my peg.

Disabled people cannot "Patrol" rivers, cannot target river fish, for goodness sake the commercials are bending over backward to give us the disabled access as most disabled people fish during the week (but not during school holidays). They also give us concessionary rates, as most would stand almost empty from Monday to Friday!

So we do get special rates - it makes up for the fact that we can only fish disabled access waters.

What about the reps caught speeding with points on their licences saying they will lose their livelyhood if they lose their licence. If we lose our special rates, a lot of disabled people will not be able to afford it!!

When last did you hear of a MEANINGFUL increase in our "Government Handouts"?

Sorry, rant over.

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have just fought my way through the biggest lot of pomposity I have ever Read!!

I am disabled: I have Angina, C.O.P.D.Y (VERY dangerous combination), Spondilylosis, and a damaged spine! AND I WILL GLADLY SWAP MY DISABILITIES TO ANY ONE OF YOU THAT ARE COMPLAINING ABOUT CONCESSIONARY LICENCES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Matt Hillman: Disabled people like myself often use shopping trolleys as Zimmer frames!

Disabled people cannot use MOST waters that are not disabled friendly - This means - most rivers, a lot of canals and, funnily enough, a lot of commercials. I for one need a parking space behind my peg.

Disabled people cannot "Patrol" rivers, cannot target river fish, for goodness sake the commercials are bending over backward to give us the disabled access as most disabled people fish during the week (but not during school holidays). They also give us concessionary rates, as most would stand almost empty from Monday to Friday!

So we do get special rates - it makes up for the fact that we can only fish disabled access waters.

What about the reps caught speeding with points on their licences saying they will lose their livelyhood if they lose their licence. If we lose our special rates, a lot of disabled people will not be able to afford it!!

When last did you hear of a MEANINGFUL increase in our "Government Handouts"?

Sorry, rant over.

:thumbs: totaly agree and in addition i would suggest kids pay double !! as good interested polite kids are definatly a minority these days,the vast majority my wife and i come across are obnoxious loud mouthed and intent on destroying a peacefull pastime ( im with herod where kids are concerned )

i assume its the able bodied younger adults who complain about concessions ? usualy people who gladly spend

twice there annual licence fee in two hrs at the pub?? people who want massive bag ups of carp each session

and tackle tarts, who actualy caused the high costs of todays fishing in the first place :rolleyes:

over 60s & disabled should be free,

and if your not one of the above you should pay more till you are one of the above :clap2:

my motto is live long enough to be both an embarresment and a burden on your kids :clap2:

over 60s & disabled should be free

Why ?

As Kleinboat has already agreed, the over 60's and the disabled may only be able to access a relativly small proportion of possible waters but they (as a group) get to fish more often. Add to this the fact that providing accecebility requires a disproportionate amount of the rod licence fee to be spent on them and the argument for consessions evaporates.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

wasn't going to get involved in this must agree with ken.i used to be a mod on a disabled site although not disabled myself.i fished quite a few matches with them and was amazed at how much gear some of these so called disabled anglers could carry!many even pushed carp barrows full of tackle around the pools no problem at all.and i have to say i have never ever known such a bunch of moaning old buggers.ok some have real problems getting to the water but a lot of them seem only to have problems when it comes to claiming benefits.like ken says they are able to spend a lot more time on the water than people who have to work so why should they get a discount on there tickets?

As I said earlier, and I will say to both Ken L and Bluezulu - Wanna Swop?

I will swop my disabilties TOMORROW! You can have my discount licence and my state "hand out", I'll have your job and wages - and, most importantly, your health!

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

I don't know why so many people moan about people getting concessionary licenses........You will all get one eventually, ...or will you refuse it when the time comes, and say ..I don't agree with them.

Edited by Team Man

Alan

I must be doing something right, I'm still alive

I will swop my disabilties TOMORROW! You can have my discount licence and my state "hand out", I'll have your job and wages - and, most importantly, your health!

well klienboet explain to me 'why' a disabled angler should pay less than an abled bodied fisherman?

Same here!

Surely though a consession on the price you pay for something you MUST have should be awarded purely on grounds of ability (or should I say "inability") to pay? Not automaticly just because you have a dissability or are of a certain age? Would seem fairer to me?

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Surely though a consession on the price you pay for something you MUST have should be awarded purely on grounds of ability (or should I say "inability") to pay?

The trouble is though Budgie, there's still no logic in that argument. Private gyms don't offer reduced prices to those on low incomes, premier football teams don't do it and major supermarkets don't do it either. Why expect public bodies like the EA to do it ?

In effect, your saying that so long as you choose a form of recriation that's controlled by a public body, you should get a discount but you should pay full price if you happen to be into something that isn't.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.