Anti vandal paint

Ken L

A frield of mine has just told me that she's put anti vandal paint on the wall in front of her house to stop kids from sitting on it.

It strikes me that this is leaving her wide open to getting sued.

Are there any rules about where you can put this stuff and what (if any) warnings are required ?

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Guest Brumagem Phil

Interesting discussion........

theres a fishery near me which has recently closed down and appears to be having some kind of work done inside the fence (a standard waist high fence like you'd see around a field).

I went to have a look and noticed grease allover the fence (and I mean THICK axle grease dawbed allover it)....unfortunately it was all over the vegetation too and I'd got some on the inside of my coat sleave and by the time I actually noticed, it was onmy jeans and shirt too.

I washed them repeatedly but the coat and shirt were scrap.

We complained to the council and the bloke who owned it said it was anti vandal grease........I said to my missus it wasnt, but I dont think the council did anything about it.

Bottom line is normal grease and its deliberate environmental pollution, no signs and below the required height.

I think I'll take a drive down again tomorrow and see if its still there, and if it is I reckon I'm gonna stick my oar in! <_<

Guest Brumagem Phil

[Edited to remove comments referring to comments in other posts I removed from this topic. Newt]

But thanks to gozzer and richard capper in particular who gave some excellent advice. I set up a float for the first time in a while tonight and took a small skimmer, a 1lb roach and a ruf all hooked in the lip, so I'm learning. :thumbs:

P.S. .......I'm fishing BAA water and have a permit.

A frield of mine has just told me that she's put anti vandal paint on the wall in front of her house to stop kids from sitting on it.

It strikes me that this is leaving her wide open to getting sued.

Are there any rules about where you can put this stuff and what (if any) warnings are required ?

I would be suprised if she wouldn't be liable for any damage caused, signs or not. Does seem perverse but sure I read something similar before. I suspect the problem is that there is intent to damage other peoples property (clothes) if they sit on the wall.

Rob.

Rob, While I agree there is intent on behalf of the owner of the wall, as long as they clearly indicate that intent, then the person who gets the anti vandal paint on them are showing intent to ignore safety signs!

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

Find a tin in B&Q the reqiurements and Legalitys are on the Side of it Allbeit abridged, If I recall there is a minimum Hight requirement.

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!

so broken glass cemented in is not done anymore :(

we had a wall with it as a kid we never had any complaints by those that may have encountered it nor signs warning about it either.

shame you have to consider the villain far more than the householder nowadays.

perhaps in a few years laws will force us to list the entire contents of the house and paste it on the gate so the poor crim doesn't tire himself out looking for something you don't have! or by prior appointment villains can visit to see if its worth coming back later whilst your asleep ,ofcourse you will have to leave the doors open and the lights on cant have them injuring themselves breaking in or stumbling over the cat in the dark

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Rob, While I agree there is intent on behalf of the owner of the wall, as long as they clearly indicate that intent, then the person who gets the anti vandal paint on them are showing intent to ignore safety signs!

That is completely true but as we all know doesn't protect the landowner only the criminal. I'm no expert on any of this but it seems to be exactly the same as protecting your property. Where legally it's acceptable to grab say a large torch for self defence, using a baseball bat which you have in the corner of the room for exactly the same purposes is deemed non acceptable based on the intent and you are very likely to be prosecuted using such in defence of your property or person.

Like I said I'm no expert on any of this and certainly don't agree with it but it is my understanding of the ar$e about face way our legal system operates.

Rob.