Bring back corperal punnishment.

Ken L

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But it's ok to call us caucasians "whities" then Cory??

Double standards i feel........but what do i know..................

I've never been called a 'whitie' in my life. Have you? My mum was brought up in apartheid RSA and she would STILL have given me a proper hard time for calling a black man a darkie. Why do you need to mention colour at all? You may as well call me a 'bluey' because I've got blue eyes. Edited by corydoras

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

I've never been called a 'whitie' in my life. Have you? My mum was brought up in apartheid RSA and she would STILL have given me a proper hard time for calling a black man a darkie. Why do you need to mention colour at all? You may as well call me a 'bluey' because I've got blue eyes.

Sorry Cory, but using black as an adjective, is no different to using, tall, fat, bald, bespectacled, short etc, to indicate which person your talking about.

The same as if I am arguing with one person, if I call them a black b******d, a fat b*****d, a big b*****d, or as I've been called a big, fat, bald b******d, the adjective is not the insult. (So long as it's true that I'm big, fat, and bald that is).

I've been called an English *****, by Scots, but to me being English is not an insult, so I don't take offence by the word.

I grew up in the time of 'Black Power', and 'Be Black and Proud' so I never think of it as an insult.

Most of my black friends would think of it as an insult to them, if you were afraid to mention their colour.

If it is so taboo, then why do we have the MOBOs and such? These things celebrate the achievements of black people in society, and should be recognised as such.

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Sorry Cory, but using black as an adjective, is no different to using, tall, fat, bald, bespectacled, short etc, to indicate which person your talking about.

The same as if I am arguing with one person, if I call them a black b******d, a fat b*****d, a big b*****d, or as I've been called a big, fat, bald b******d, the adjective is not the insult. (So long as it's true that I'm big, fat, and bald that is).

I've been called an English *****, by Scots, but to me being English is not an insult, so I don't take offence by the word.

I grew up in the time of 'Black Power', and 'Be Black and Proud' so I never think of it as an insult.

Most of my black friends would think of it as an insult to them, if you were afraid to mention their colour.

If it is so taboo, then why do we have the MOBOs and such? These things celebrate the achievements of black people in society, and should be recognised as such.

John.

I'm with you on this one John. Why is it not allowed to have "white only" music awards? Or would that be seen as "out of order" and possibly stem into protests?Surely they are segregating themselves doing such an award.

From what I can see, Cory didn't object to calling a black man "a black man" he objected to the use of the term darkie, and quite right too.

BTW I have worked with black men all over the world, I am happy to call some of them my friends and I have never, ever heard one of them refer to me or any other white man as a "white honkey"

I thought that was just a term from really bad films from the 70s <_<

I'm with you on this one John. Why is it not allowed to have "white only" music awards? Or would that be seen as "out of order" and possibly stem into protests?Surely they are segregating themselves doing such an award.

The MOBO awards were started by a black woman who worked very hard to get them off the ground. I am sure that if you want to put in the same amount of effort you could start the MOWO awards, or maybe it's just easier to complain about it :rolleyes:

Edited by Sportsman

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

From what I can see, Cory didn't object to calling a black man "a black man" he objected to the use of the term darkie, and quite right too.

BTW I have worked with black men all over the world, I am happy to call some of them my friends and I have never, ever heard one of them refer to me or any other white man as a "white honkey"

Spot on mate. Edited by corydoras

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Guest Brumagem Phil

The MOBO awards were started by a black woman who worked very hard to get them off the ground. I am sure that if you want to put in the same amount of effort you could start the WOBO awards, or maybe it's just easier to complain about it :rolleyes:

Yep, and anyone who disagrees should be given the birch! Or have I got the wrong thread? :oops:

The MOBO awards were started by a black woman who worked very hard to get them off the ground. I am sure that if you want to put in the same amount of effort you could start the MOWO awards, or maybe it's just easier to complain about it :rolleyes:

And bravo to the woman. Would it be frowned upon though, for a MOWO to be estasblished in the current climate of political correctness....................i think so.

Edited by BULLDRAGON

I appreciate the support Carl, but the point I was trying to make was, that mentioning the colour of a person, is not an insult, unless they themselves are ashamed of it, (which they shouldn't be).

As for White only Music Awards, I think we had them for many years, only it wasn't mentioned in the title.

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

I think you will find that the MOBO awards ( which stands for Music of Black Origin) are not black only awards. Just recently both Justin Timberlake and Christine Aguillera have received awards and unless they have the best makeup artists in the world, they are decidedly not black. :rolleyes:

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/