Other field sports

Guest J.Iddon

Guest J.Iddon

Hello all, Just wondering of anyone else on the forums does any other field sports? Rabbiting, shooting etc?

I keep 4 ferrets and go out ferreting with them most weeks in the winter, I also do abit of air rifle shooting. I go beating at the local shoot too.

I have a young working bedlingtonx bitch that is coming on well with ferreting, took her first rabbit last week.

Few pics of my lot:

Smagling.jpg

Asbo.jpg

Gypsy.jpg

HuckleberryFinn.jpg

Dig.jpg

ATB,

Josh :thumbs:

Ps, sorry if late replys Im off to try and catch a barbel tommorow, I say TRY :lol:

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That looks like some interesting sport.

I hunted for lots of years and enjoyed it all.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

that is, until he married a woman who will not have a gun or rifle in her house. hate them with a passion and don't want them anywhere one of the grandkids could find them.

Save The Years, now i know where they went.

The salary of the chief executive of a large corporation is not a market award for achievement. It is frequently in the nature of a warm personal gesture by the individual to himself.

John Kenneth Galbraith

Much more "fun" to hunt them with a camera. Do you eat the rabbits you kill?

Den (I used to shoot them, now I just watch and admire them)

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

I didnt know Ferrets could catch fish. :whistling:

i'll get me coat.

The ferret on here couldnt ....... :lol:

Just jokin Dave if ya about

Never test the depth of water with both feet.

Stuff work go fishing.

Crackin Pics there, :camera: brought back lots of memories of when I had almost 2 dozen Ferrets, and went out almost every day/evening with a couple of them.

We had one large Hob that the wife would take for walks on a cat collar and lead.... :) Incidentley, we took our grandkids to our local animal park, and the animals they enjoyed the most were the Ferrets in their enclosure !!!

I did hint at the wife about getting another ferret, but it was falling on deaf ears !! :rolleyes:

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

that is, until he married a woman who will not have a gun or rifle in her house. hate them with a passion and don't want them anywhere one of the grandkids could find them.

Like me, my boys were taught to use guns, knives, axes, and a variety of tools from a very early age, and like me, they learned the value of responsibility and the equally valuable lesson that our actions can affect others. We learned to have pride in our conduct, to think before we acted and to regard safety as the ultimate shooting skill.

This is the 'gun culture' I grew up with and I'm incredibly proud of it. I was at Bisley Shooting Grounds this morning, where hundreds, often thousands, of shooting enthusiasts congregate to contest all manner of shooting prizes. How many policemen are required to maintain control during Bisley's busiest shooting tournament, the Queens Prize week, when 10,000 shooters are on camp? Two. They spend most of their time eating ice cream and giving people directions.

I'm off rabbit shooting tonight - and I'll be eating 'em, Den. You see, while you're admiring the ickle fluffy bunnies, somebody else has to protect the crops, mate. ;)

And on the eighth day God created carp fishing...and he saw that it was pukka.