Don't shop at Asda Mr M.

gozzer

Mr M. I know your posting was done as a joke,

I'm sorry Kleinboet , but it was most definately not done as a joke. The post i put up was solely based on my opinions and surely you can agree (even in a roundabout kind of way) that some of my ideas / reasons do make sense.

The disabled are gifted with a blue badge , designated parking bays and the license to park pretty much anywhere they like and in most if not all cases FREE OF CHARGE. And what does the normal , fully abled man get ..................zilch , zip , nothing. And as i have already said , this is not an attack on the disabled as i myself may end up being struck down with some disabilitating disease . accident. What p*sses me off is the fact that disabled drivers take diabolic liberties with their "gold card" , ooops sorry Blue Badge.

A town some 4 miles away is campaigning for their priveledges to be reviewed. On a market day (Tues / Fri Sat) the local high street which leads to the market has designated parking bays along ONE side of the road , with double yellow lines down the other , but , this is not good enough for the gold card members who blatantly flount the law and park (somewhat poorly ) on the double yellows , this in turn holds up all the traffic including public transport.

Saturday gone , a perfect example. With all the complaints about the above , PCSO's have been given the job of monitoring the double yellows and if needed issueing fixed penalty fines. Driving passed one particular gold card member who had been collared on the double yellows , he immediately pulled out his magic blue ticket to the PCSO , who in turn was having none of it and moved him along without his passenger who was in Greggs sandwich / pasty shop. The town in question ................South Elmsall , West Yorkshire.

Fishing is fishing , Life is life , but life wouldn't be very enjoyable without fishing................ Mr M 12:03 / 19-3-2009

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MrM - Have a look at my posting, you will note that genuine blue badge holders are as p*ssed of as you are.

All genuine blue badge holders know that parking on (some) double yellow lines is a privilege, not a right! The exceptions to this rule is double yellow lines AND a yellow vertical line running up the kerb and zig-zag yellow lines

These are taboo to everyone!!

Don't worry though, there is a move (led by the disabled themselves) to have these numpties go to court - if there were ANY doubts about the disabled person's motives for parking which was deemed to be hazardous to others, they will lose their badges and have to re-apply!

If they were found to be using the badges illegally, they will be charged with being in possession of stolen goods and fraud!

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

I'm sorry Kleinboet , but it was most definately not done as a joke. The post i put up was solely based on my opinions and surely you can agree (even in a roundabout kind of way) that some of my ideas / reasons do make sense.

The disabled are gifted with a blue badge , designated parking bays and the license to park pretty much anywhere they like and in most if not all cases FREE OF CHARGE. And what does the normal , fully abled man get ..................zilch , zip , nothing. And as i have already said , this is not an attack on the disabled as i myself may end up being struck down with some disabilitating disease . accident. What p*sses me off is the fact that disabled drivers take diabolic liberties with their "gold card" , ooops sorry Blue Badge.

A town some 4 miles away is campaigning for their priveledges to be reviewed. On a market day (Tues / Fri Sat) the local high street which leads to the market has designated parking bays along ONE side of the road , with double yellow lines down the other , but , this is not good enough for the gold card members who blatantly flount the law and park (somewhat poorly ) on the double yellows , this in turn holds up all the traffic including public transport.

Saturday gone , a perfect example. With all the complaints about the above , PCSO's have been given the job of monitoring the double yellows and if needed issueing fixed penalty fines. Driving passed one particular gold card member who had been collared on the double yellows , he immediately pulled out his magic blue ticket to the PCSO , who in turn was having none of it and moved him along without his passenger who was in Greggs sandwich / pasty shop. The town in question ................South Elmsall , West Yorkshire.

The FACT that disabled badge holdres park on double yellow lines has NOTHING at all to do with Badge Holders!!! Moreso it is the bloody council who should make PARKING RESTRICTIONS to stop ANYONE parking there. the badge holders are COMPLETELY legal and only doing what the law allows!! So SORRY Carl that does NOT stand scrutiny at all!!

As for the motorist who PRODUCED his badge he SHOULD have been booked!! The lAW says you SHOULD display your badge at ALL times whilst parked, he didn't and so SHOULD have been booked!!

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

The FACT that disabled badge holdres park on double yellow lines has NOTHING at all to do with Badge Holders!!! Moreso it is the bloody council who should make PARKING RESTRICTIONS to stop ANYONE parking there. the badge holders are COMPLETELY legal and only doing what the law allows!! So SORRY Carl that does NOT stand scrutiny at all!!

As for the motorist who PRODUCED his badge he SHOULD have been booked!! The lAW says you SHOULD display your badge at ALL times whilst parked, he didn't and so SHOULD have been booked!!

Whether the law allows it or not Chris , parking in a spot which causes major back-up of traffic just so the priviledged can nip into a Greggs sarnie shop to feed the hunger is down right ridiculous and the driver ought to be banned. You would think that the driver in question would have had the basic common sense to realise that what he was doing would cause such gridlock. Obviously not!! But lets not tar all the gold card holders with the same brush as the above is somewhat extreme BUT BUT BUT it just goes to show that there are idiots out there and in abundance , who think that they are pretty much entitled to park wherever they see fit, simply because they have their magic ticket. Anyone got any realistic ideas as to why all blue-badge holders get away without paying for car parking tickets???? Cos i sure as hell don't have a clue as to why they should be given this right.

Fishing is fishing , Life is life , but life wouldn't be very enjoyable without fishing................ Mr M 12:03 / 19-3-2009

Whether the law allows it or not Chris , parking in a spot which causes major back-up of traffic just so the priviledged can nip into a Greggs sarnie shop to feed the hunger is down right ridiculous and the driver ought to be banned. You would think that the driver in question would have had the basic common sense to realise that what he was doing would cause such gridlock. Obviously not!! But lets not tar all the gold card holders with the same brush as the above is somewhat extreme BUT BUT BUT it just goes to show that there are idiots out there and in abundance , who think that they are pretty much entitled to park wherever they see fit, simply because they have their magic ticket. Anyone got any realistic ideas as to why all blue-badge holders get away without paying for car parking tickets???? Cos i sure as hell don't have a clue as to why they should be given this right.

But it is NOT the domain SOLEY of the Blue/Gold Badge holder to park indiscriminately IS IT??? Wish I had a POUND for every time I have seen some berk park illegally or indiscriminately!!! Look at your local SCHOOL for instance!!! How amny of those have a DISABLED badge?? And how many are WOMEN driving 4Xbloody 4's?? How many VAN drivers do you see park whereever they want in a single day?? How many times have YOU done such a thing?? POT, KETTLE, BLACK??? :D

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))