Don't shop at Asda Mr M.

gozzer

Barry Luxton - You seem to have a problem with the disabled and parking with blue badges.

Far from it and absolute tosh Kleinboet, never said that, again based on your post of 5% who are in wheel chairs i asked a simple question of how many blue bage holders would need to use the space. Although the other 95% are blue badge holders, how many of them feel the need to actually use the space over and above the wheel chair users? Thats all.

Why what have you read, or wish to import into my post? btw i don't condone anyone parking in the disabled or the kids places who do not require it. Is that clear.

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely for me Barry!! I can see what you are at and I think we are both about on parr??

As for your comments Mr 'M' I can agree with you to a certain point, but where do you draw the line? Who SHOULD be allowed free parking and who should not? I am afraid it is all down to trying to redress the balance for me personally. But I will admit even I sometimes wonder why parking should be TOTALLY free for disabled badge holders. And as always JUST my TAKE!!

But I feel a tad more strange as I can legally park where others cannot? And most times Car Park spaces are usually too far away from the places I want to go anyway?? So as you say why a free space? Just one of those annoying (to SOME of you) things!! :D

But I can ASSURE you I would MUCH rather PAY to park!!!!! :D :D :D

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

Absolutely for me Barry!! I can see what you are at and I think we are both about on parr??

As for your comments Mr 'M' I can agree with you to a certain point, but where do you draw the line? Who SHOULD be allowed free parking and who should not? I am afraid it is all down to trying to redress the balance for me personally. But I will admit even I sometimes wonder why parking should be TOTALLY free for disabled badge holders. And as always JUST my TAKE!!

But I feel a tad more strange as I can legally park where others cannot? And most times Car Park spaces are usually too far away from the places I want to go anyway?? So as you say why a free space? Just one of those annoying (to SOME of you) things!! :D

But I can ASSURE you I would MUCH rather PAY to park!!!!! :D :D :D

Thanks Chris

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

As a disabled driver holding a blue badge, heres my ten penorth.

Strange to say there is a law passed by parliament that requires people to provide disabled access. This includes parking bays. The same law also states that the disabled bays must be policed by themselves to stop abuse.

This law also includes angling clubs to, so they have to provide access for the disabled.

Phil , i have no problems with my anger. It's very well contained , but , if you would like to "skit" at my personal judgement , then so be it. As i have already stated , it is my own view on the problem and not in any way deemed to be true or etched in stone. But ,,,,,seeing as the title of this thread has my name on it i feel duty bound to put my 2 penneth in just like so many others have. Nothing more nothing less. But , with all the "skits" aside , when you think of my points , can you deny that quite a few of them make sense? Hhhmmmm.

Hi Carl, since it was me that started the thread, and titled it, I hoped that you would see it as a little joke, based on your earlier thread. No offence intended.

I have no problem with 'disabled' parking in car parks, and have only used them when taking my late mother-in-law, shopping. Taking her to the supermarket, was sometimes a chore, but it gave her a sense of doing something 'normal' and she looked forward to the trip.

The one problem I have is in my own town. There is a T-Junction with double yellow lines, either side of the junction. Disabled drivers park there, and totally block the view of on coming traffic. You have to inch your way out hoping that any traffic sees you, before you get too far out. There have been a few minor bumps, but luckily nothing serious yet.

When I asked the traffic attendants about it, they said they were aware of the problem, but could do nothing about it because of the blue badges on the vehicles.

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

its really hard to believe that in this day and age some of us are begrudging the less able improved access. Why?

Is it that some of us are in doubt that these people actually do have a disability, or is it such a far right view that society should not tolerate disability?

Come on for crying out loud, for there but for the grace of God go you..

Edited by Rabbit

Disabled badge holders already get a nice shiny new car(every 3 years)

not quite true you have to be on certain level of dla or you don't qualify for a vehicle , whilst some cars are in lieu of a certain percent of dla there are some that require an up front payment of up to £3000 before you can get the said car/van/ mini bus type vehical

cpranim.gif

15/06/12 PB Perch 3 lb 10 oz 03/03/11 Common Carp 23lb 6 oz 05/06/12 Sturgeon 7 lb 13 oz 06/06/12 Mirror Carp 21 lb 2 oz

09/03/13 PB PIKE 27 lb 9 ozARNO3010CustomImage1086535.gif

its really hard to believe that in this day and age some of us are begrudging the less able improved access.

Only some of us thankfully. Only some. The rest, and the vast majority I think, don't have any problem with trying to increase access for the disabled. After all, any of us could find ourselves in that position at any time.

If you're fit and able bodied, what does it matter that you perhaps have to walk a few extra yards? Just be thankful that you're able to do that. It's only a very minor inconvenience for you. The day may yet come when you'll be glad of a privileged parking spot near the door.

I have an elderly friend who, on the surface, looks fit and well. However, she has very bad arthritis, angina and breathing difficulties. Walking just a few yards, particularly uphill, is a real struggle for her. A walk of just a short distance can leave her in severe pain and gasping for breath. Many's the time when we've had to park at the end of the car park and walk to the store entrance because the disabled bays are full, and not always by blue badge users. By the time she gets there, she's out of breath and in some considerable discomfort.

At seventy years of age, in failing health, I think she deserves better.

Janet

not quite true you have to be on certain level of dla or you don't qualify for a vehicle , whilst some cars are in lieu of a certain percent of dla there are some that require an up front payment of up to £3000 before you can get the said car/van/ mini bus type vehical
Or as in MY case on HIGHER rate Mobility suplement as a WAR pensioner. :D
Hi Carl, since it was me that started the thread, and titled it, I hoped that you would see it as a little joke, based on your earlier thread. No offence intended. I have no problem with 'disabled' parking in car parks, and have only used them when taking my late mother-in-law, shopping. Taking her to the supermarket, was sometimes a chore, but it gave her a sense of doing something 'normal' and she looked forward to the trip. The one problem I have is in my own town. There is a T-Junction with double yellow lines, either side of the junction. Disabled drivers park there, and totally block the view of on coming traffic. You have to inch your way out hoping that any traffic sees you, before you get too far out. There have been a few minor bumps, but luckily nothing serious yet. When I asked the traffic attendants about it, they said they were aware of the problem, but could do nothing about it because of the blue badges on the vehicles. John.
John, NOT true!! Disbaled badge holders HAVE to park IAW the LAW as it satnds!! and IF they are not then the wardens SHOULD book them!! being disabled is NOT an excuse for being able to balatantly break the law!! I myself am guilty of phoning the police because some ignoramus INSISTED that as he was DISABLED he could park where he liked!! A couple of fixed penalty tickets SOON changed his bloody mind!! And YES I am utterly proud of myself for doing it!! there is NOT one law for us and another for THEM!!!

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

Barry Luxton - "Based on the above statement, how many of the blue badge holders should be parking in the disabled bays in fairness out of necessity. "

The answer to that is, if they are legaly obtained, 100%!!

I used to be able to walk the 3-4 miles to town and back without a problem - now, I am lucky if I make it round the supermarket!!

Mind you I am doing better now using a shopping trolley (and Brenda's wheelchair) as a Zimmer frame!

There are occasions (not many, I'll admit) that wheelchair users can do things (like enter a Marathon) that I can definately not do, or even think of doing!

Chris, You are 100% correct - while blue badge holders ARE allowed to park on double yellow lines IF THEY DON'T HAVE YELLOW LINES ON THE KERB!, they are not allowed to park in any place "that could be a danger to fellow motorists). They can be charged with obstruction.

As to the statement that "disabled people get shiny new cars every three years" This is very broadly based on truth. The WHOLE story is that yes, they do change cars every three years, but the car that they drive is NEVER theirs! They get their mobility money taken for payment of the vehicle, they get told that they cannot do more than a certain amount of miles and any mark bigger than a certain size will NOT be classed as a stone chip! Then they get told that unless they pay about £3,500.00 in ONE hit at the end of their three years, they MUST "trade the vehicle in" or lose it!

Edited by kleinboet

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription