Don't shop at Asda Mr M.

gozzer

Jan, easy there tiger. Rabbit should have responded to this but for once in his life he is quiet. Asda is also called Walmart here. As for the bit about homicides in Walmart car parks (or parking lots...whatever) I have no clue what he is waffling about there. Don't mean to sound like the spelling police but if you are interested the British word for trash is not 'rubbage' it is 'rubbish' :) smilie is sincere!

Waffle!! Oh yes sure so you never did Google ''Wal-Mart Homicides'' then? I did seems as though there is more much more than I thought, go on have a look for youself then tell me its waffle :rolleyes:

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no need to shout, i can hear :) wasn't having a go just want to know if there is anyone who has a blue badge who can manage without using the bay in preferance to someone who really needs it, that all.

Sorry for shouting too :D

But I don't see the point of your question really?? IF you have a Blue badge you ARE entitled to park and presumably need to?

If you don't have one and WOULD like to use the space then apply for one?

If it is as easy as SOME people think then 99.99% of the public will be able to get one?

It's like myself, certainly a GOOD proportion of the time I would use the space FARTHEST from the store to aid those LESS able? BUT why is it then thatnthose who are MOST able seem to use the ruddy spaces which are CLOSEST to the store??? And I reckon I am not the ONLY pêrson to have squared up to some pushy Pakistani in Huddersfield in his pimped up Honda either for parking in TWO disabled spaces!!!!!

Like the time I too had a Police Officer argue black was WHITE that the space she was parked in was a Disabled Parking space. Couldn't apologise enough when I proved her VERY WRONG!!! Now is it ME or is that just SOOOOO satisfying??

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

the only people who have blue badges have them because they are classified as being disabled ,

however most of the people who drive the badge holder about are mainly able bodied people

like my wife and my self who have to assist the disabled person to get to there destination ,

it is in fact a criminal offence to use or permit the use of the badge by any one other than the holder,

whom can loose the badge and or any other benefits such as dla if it is proven that he /she let a friend or relative or whom ever else use the badge

without the holder being present : IE going to the shops (ASDA) to get there shopping for them..

cpranim.gif

15/06/12 PB Perch 3 lb 10 oz 03/03/11 Common Carp 23lb 6 oz 05/06/12 Sturgeon 7 lb 13 oz 06/06/12 Mirror Carp 21 lb 2 oz

09/03/13 PB PIKE 27 lb 9 ozARNO3010CustomImage1086535.gif

Only slightly off topic but..................how come disabled badge holders don't have to pay for parking tickets?

Is it just me to observe this or anyone else? My local market for example ; on market days the sign states that the tariff shall be : 30 pence for an hour / 50 pence for upto 2 hours and £1.20 for upto 4 hours. And in big bold yellow letters "DISABLED BADGE HOLDERS FREE".

Lets not gripe over pence here but it's the principal of the matter. Disabled badge holders already get a nice shiny new car(every 3 years) , car insurance paid for , car tax paid for and now to be exempt from paying parking tickets ASWELL as getting the priviledge of parking practically inside the supermarket / wherever they are attending. Why would this law be implemented? Is it because the disabled driver is poor and cannot afford the ticket? Or is it a big 2 fingers up to the normal driver , making him feel down-trodden in the sense that other less "gifted" people like himself are given tickets GRATIS , while he has to pay the measly 30 pence. IMO whats good for the goose is damn well good enough for the gander.

Look i'm sorry about this , but , as i have already stated in a thread about a month or so ago , "Disabled" means disabled for gods sake.

There has been another new law implemented today stating that smoking can impair / impede judgement while driving, so anything less than your absolute and utmost attention MUST be paid to driving a vehicle.......would that be true??

So a disabled driver is (with all the neccesary driving adaptations fitted) as quick to respond to an emergency stop as a fully competent driver with no impairments? No , it's not possible.

With absolutely no dis-respect to the disabled , it has to be said that someone is benefitting from the "handing in" of benefit books in return for a motability car and blue badge , or why else would the disabled drivers be allowed on the road?

Consider this........

How much (in the current climate) and assuming that there were no motability as such , for a disabled driver to gain insurance stating their disability? Considerably more than a fully abled driver perhaps? Why?

It's probably the reason the motability company use a blanket cover on ALL drivers. Why not use independant findings on each and every driver on the motability users system and judge them accordingly. Probably because it would cripple the system and flush out the really bad drivers (who wouldn't have a cat in hells chance) of getting insured independantly , this in turn would hurt motabilitys lucrative finances and as such see the end of this little money earner. Having to raise their tariff to meet the neccesary insurance demands ,more and more pontentially "disabled" drivers would think twice about giving up so much.

It's how i see it...................

Fishing is fishing , Life is life , but life wouldn't be very enjoyable without fishing................ Mr M 12:03 / 19-3-2009

Phil , i have no problems with my anger. It's very well contained , but , if you would like to "skit" at my personal judgement , then so be it. As i have already stated , it is my own view on the problem and not in any way deemed to be true or etched in stone. But ,,,,,seeing as the title of this thread has my name on it i feel duty bound to put my 2 penneth in just like so many others have. Nothing more nothing less. But , with all the "skits" aside , when you think of my points , can you deny that quite a few of them make sense? Hhhmmmm.

Fishing is fishing , Life is life , but life wouldn't be very enjoyable without fishing................ Mr M 12:03 / 19-3-2009

Guest Brumagem Phil

Relax Mr M, I was just teasing you.

Tell you what though, here's a challenge for you.........how about you find a nice topic for us to discuss? C'mon Mr M, what interests or excites you?

I cannot see if it has been posted, BUT ASDA does NOT own or RUN the car parks itself!
That depends on the store Chris. AFAIK my local Asda at Chandler's Ford owns it's car park. but still has the same rules as other Asda car parks.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Actually, one thing that really winds me up is the total contempt that store designers seem to have developed for the pedestrian, including the disabled pedestrian.

My local ASDA (Cape hill in Smethwick) was a new build on a brownfield site. Did they put the store at the front and the carpark at the back so that ordinary shoppers get to use the store.

No. They put the carpark at the front so that you have to walk 150m to get to the store from the main road. Genius !

This isn't even some out of town development where they can claim that everybody turns up by car, it's right on the main shoppinf area - but set 150m back.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Barry Luxton - You seem to have a problem with the disabled and parking with blue badges. I would suggest that YOU apply for blue badges yourself, so you can see the hassle a disabled person has to get them! I know that there are people that are using stolen badges out there but the law is desperately trying to find a way of catching them!

Mr M. I know your posting was done as a joke, but just to clear up matters: On street parking is usually non-existent for the disabled when they get to town so a law was made that 5% of all car parks must be made disabled only. You may have noticed that the bays are far wider than normal, This is to allow for various aids the disabled have to be brought to the vehicle door for the disabled person or ramps to be used to allow the wheelchair passenger to alight or, in my case to allow for the wheelchair hoist to be operated!

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription