Don't shop at Asda Mr M.

gozzer

Our local Morrisons has car park attendents who issue tickets if your parked where you shouldn't be.

Mind you it's owned jointly by them and the local council.

They also remove those annoying bits of advertising that keep getting put under your wipers.

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our local Morrisons has car park attendents who issue tickets if your parked where you shouldn't be.

Mind you it's owned jointly by them and the local council.

John.

Indeed council owned and roadside carparking is covered by the road traffic act, which gives the police and the council the right to issue legal paking tickets.

There is no similar law for privately owned carparks that I know of!

Mat

Mat

Come on Newt this is serious We are talking car parking in Asda or better known as Wal-Mart to you :rolleyes:

Oh! and did you know that Wal-Mart car parks have a huge number of homicides, (not the car parks but the people in them) Reckon we could have found the reason...mother and baby vigilantes :thumbs:

Excuse me, but I have NEVER seen any of those so called mother/kiddie parking places at a Walmart and I have been to numerus ones across our country. How many American Walmarts have you shopped at? Where do you get rubbage information like this? When there is no one better to blame, let's attack the Americans? And then make the statement funny with a smilie? BTW: Our Walmarts have parking lots, not car parks.

Guest Brumagem Phil
Indeed council owned and roadside carparking is covered by the road traffic act, which gives the police and the council the right to issue legal paking tickets.

There is no similar law for privately owned carparks that I know of!

Mat

But surely, if they put up a big sign as you drive in with the rules on them, along with the penalties and stated that parking your car deemed you accepted these conditions then surely it would be enforcable just as clampers who abide by the law properly?

Hi all

i used to go with a disabled person(family member)and most bays were taken up!!! and since we had kids with us too it enabled us to fall back on the parent bay,which again was full of cars without any sign of having a car seat or any sign of kids what so ever....

most of the time i see middle age/or old folk driving in the parent bays just to be close to the entrance and no sign of any kids..

i once saw some bloke in his merc pull into a parent bay just so he didnt have to walk far!

i say its a good idea and good on em!!

i dont use parent bays anymore because most of the time its full of lazy childless bigots who would rather drive around the isles than walk(if ya get me):)lol

another thing that should be outlawed is people who wack your doors as they fling thier doors open in car parks!!!!

i returned to my car the other day and found it flashing (alarm system)and a guy looking very worried standing next to it waiting for the misses to get out.

they hurried away when i got close and i asked the misses to check her side for dents and low and behold, a nice 2inc dent with transfer!!!

id say it was his misses and her lack of common sense or lack of IQ,whichever states thick better!!

should be classed as an accident and they should leave thier details for a claim!

soddin clumsy idiots,i did have a spotless paint job when i got the car!

As to the dings in cars from people opening doors i've always thought the carpark designers to be the people who are most responsible. They seem to define a single parking space as the one to suit the smallest car on the road.

I do agree with you however on the a**eholes who just swing their door open with no thought or consideration for the car parked next to them.

I've had mine damaged twice and judging from the height of the damage the culprits were 4x4s which in my opinion should only be allowed to park at the back of the car park as they are much too big to get comfortably in an ordinary space.

my mind not only wanders-- sometimes it leaves completely.

Updated 7/3/09

http://sites.google.com/site/pomfred/

she told me it wouldn't stick in a court of law , so i called my cousin to deal with it she was severely reprimanded , smart biatch thought because she was a cop she would be ok,

wrong my cousin is her boss :busted_cop::busted_cop:

LOLOLOL dont you just love it when that happens!! lol

So when was the law changed to allow private companies to levy "fines" ??

All it takes is a sign saying that "Anyone using these bays without displaying a blue disabled parking badge will be clamped and the release fee will be £60" or "Anyone using these bays without a child seat visable in the car will be clamped and the release fee will be £60".

It's a private car park and there's no shortage of private clamping companies who would just love the job of policing the parking bays at Asda - and given the sort of people that tend to gravitate towards clamping work, I rather doubt that Phill would be trying to give any of them a thick ear.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

But surely, if they put up a big sign as you drive in with the rules on them, along with the penalties and stated that parking your car deemed you accepted these conditions then surely it would be enforcable just as clampers who abide by the law properly?

Why should supermarkets who have spent a lot of money marking out designated parking places for all to have to put up with toss.ots who abuse the system to the detriment of others. Clamp and or remove.

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

There's an old saying that "People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones." ASDA is a big glass house! How hard would it be for a disgruntled customer to cause hundreds of pounds worth of damage at no risk of getting caught? Load up a trolley with frozen meat, park it in an aisle and leave the store, for example. Open the lids on a few spirits bottles and put them back on the shelf. The choice of payback options is endless!

All it takes is a sign saying that "Anyone using these bays without displaying a blue disabled parking badge will be clamped and the release fee will be £60" or "Anyone using these bays without a child seat visable in the car will be clamped and the release fee will be £60".

It's a private car park and there's no shortage of private clamping companies who would just love the job of policing the parking bays at Asda - and given the sort of people that tend to gravitate towards clamping work, I rather doubt that Phill would be trying to give any of them a thick ear.

It's still very unlikely that it would stand up in court should the clampee take it that far, quite simply private companies are not entitled to levy fines.

Most of those clamping firms are operating in a very grey area legally, and rely on the fact that people bitch and moan, but don't actually take legal action against them when they are clamped and have money extorted from them.

my understanding of the law surrounding this is that Parking in a private car park is legally a contract, and therefore covered by the consumer contract act.

Under that act any charge for a service provided must be fair and reasonable, £60 quid for an hour or so of parking would be unlikely to be seen as such.

Secondly, if the driver is in breach of that contact, such as not parking in the correct bay, the CCA only allows for the company to recover what that breach of contract has cost them, not to levy a penalty. (these are pretty much the same points in law that people are using to get bank charges refunded, researching that is where I came accross all this info)

Of course parking in a disabled space is a bit of a scumbag thing to do, even as a parent of two young kids I don't see the point in the parent/child bays!

Mat

Mat