New Highway Code.

gozzer

I know I mentioned this back in May, but it seems to have quietly 'sneaked' into the latest Highway Code.

I heard a small snippet about smoking on the radio, and found this tucked away on the BBC news web site.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7017543.stm

The main emphasis seems to be on the smoking while driving issue, the rest just get a passing mention. (Although I feel they are much more of a distraction).

Any more 'social lepers' like me, that didn't know about this?

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

That link won't open at the moment, so will try later. But on the subject of smoking whilst driving, I heard on the local radio's news progamme that there are plans afoot to charge any driver invovled in an accident, who was smoking at the time, with driving without due care and attention.

It seems that Britain's No1 Criminal is now becoming the motorist, it's the only section of the comunity now that can break the law without even trying.

If the hat's missing

I've gone fishing

and ofcourse the police become the judge ,i wonder if its an on the spot fine thus the police because of their "suspicion" decide if your smoking warrants a driving without due care offense ,driving around with a fag in your mouth (we'l ignore the smoke in your eyes part) is safer (looking at the wording) than having one between your fingers with both hands on the wheel :rolleyes:

the driver is easy meat they come complete with identification via their number plate so no long police search trying to find you = instant money for the police!

i would be a far worse driver believe me without my fags.

and ofcourse you dont need to have a crash! merely the impression by a copper you may have one in any time in the future is enough for them to pull you over if they spot smoking paraphernalia about you as it is with any other suss laws.

any sign of outlawing those new car headlights that dazzle you from the front and look like they are flashing at you when they are behind you ,you spend half the time looking in your mirror to see who/what it is :angry:

this says it all!

"If you're lighting up with one hand and have a fag in the other hand then obviously you've not got any hands on the wheel."

maybe he should try it (stationary ofcourse) you cannot light a fag without it in your mouth thus only one hand is used ,the same free hand changes gear ,turns on lights and gives fingers up to tossers like this,perhaps if "distractions" whilst driving were to be picked on kids in back seats ,ladies in short skirts on the pavement ,all signs ,kids on the pavement ,bikes weaving in traffic like loonies ,lorries and a 1001 and one other things should be on the list before calming fags that us addicted people use or you could ofcourse drive around with them in our mouths with eyes streaming on the smoke not seeing anything to stay within the law :rolleyes:

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

I know I mentioned this back in May, but it seems to have quietly 'sneaked' into the latest Highway Code.

I heard a small snippet about smoking on the radio, and found this tucked away on the BBC news web site.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7017543.stm

The main emphasis seems to be on the smoking while driving issue, the rest just get a passing mention. (Although I feel they are much more of a distraction).

Any more 'social lepers' like me, that didn't know about this?

John.

I listened to a radio documentary a few months ago where a certain anti smoking organisation had lobbied the government and hoped to have the driver of any vehicle banned from smoking whilst driving.They said this ban would be in place wihin the next two years.

Well I for one would ignore this ban.

It's my car, I paid a lot of money for it.

Ron.

Guest Brumagem Phil

Why don't you guys stick two fingers up to the government in the best possible way and GIVE IT UP!

Think about it.........you become immune to the fine and not only that are depriving the government of their tax revenue from your fags.

Phil (ex 60 a day merchant)

I listened to a radio documentary a few months ago where a certain anti smoking organisation had lobbied the government and hoped to have the driver of any vehicle banned from smoking whilst driving.They said this ban would be in place wihin the next two years.

Well I for one would ignore this ban.

It's my car, I paid a lot of money for it.

Ron.

Went out with a skipper the other week who had to get out of his cabin of the boat that he paid 150 grand for, so he could have a fag. Don't seen right to me and i don't smoke. :schmoll:

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Why don't you guys stick two fingers up to the government in the best possible way and GIVE IT UP!

Think about it.........you become immune to the fine and not only that are depriving the government of their tax revenue from your fags.

Phil (ex 60 a day merchant)

i wish i could but preying on the addicted is easy meat for the gov ,if they wanted to stop you smoking they would ban it and only a small minority would source the baccy to carry on ,for a time the rest would kill to find dog ends :rolleyes:

i have been on zyban and patches and still smoked i'm hooked deep :(

i even smoke in my sleep i even sleepwalk to find the fags where i put them to stop me sleep smoking and sleep search to find them if my mrs does :wallbash:

the mrs just doesen't bother to hide them anymore as i'm not a nice person without them

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

There's nothing inherently new, as far as I can tell, and the law hasn't changed. The highway code highlights activities that could be considered dangerous. So whilst they don't actually specify it, exactly the same applies to eating a burger, having a drink etc. All those activities (just like smoking) could all lead to a charge of driving without due care and attention if you do so carelessly or dangerously.

Rob.

There's nothing inherently new, as far as I can tell, and the law hasn't changed. The highway code highlights activities that could be considered dangerous. So whilst they don't actually specify it, exactly the same applies to eating a burger, having a drink etc. All those activities (just like smoking) could all lead to a charge of driving without due care and attention if you do so carelessly or dangerously.

Rob.

Aye ok Rob , and it's taken the highway code 30+ years to include smoking as a hazard then?

Fishing is fishing , Life is life , but life wouldn't be very enjoyable without fishing................ Mr M 12:03 / 19-3-2009

Apparently there is 26 pages more that have been added?

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..