Anderoo

Hunting, shooting and fishing  

151 members have voted

1. 1. Do you actively:

• Just fish
    • Fish and shoot
    • Fish and hunt
    • Fish, shoot and hunt

this difference is that labour know about angling their pa's or grandpa's probably went down the cut on a saturday and fishing is is countrywide rather than countryside based .plenty of waters in reach of townies plenty of waters in towns

fox hunting is just revolting conservatives riding about on their vast estates bought from the sweat of manual labour to the governments eyes

the country side is full of conservatives so punish them by stopping their fun! simple

the thing they dont realise is people on nasty horses isnt but a small part of the fox hunting scene ,far more are "followers" many of which are from towns and perhaps labour voters who now think differently in their views of labour agendas and perhaps will vote against them.

if labour could ban volvo estates they would theve heard they like them in the country ,blimey tow bar on that volvo it must pull a horsebox full of angry hunting steeds ,ban em

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i wonder who the well informed posters are? ,choose carefully that site could go downhill fast :lol:

I think they should be careful, as we must be sat under their flight line and we seem to have decoyed them in. One or two on here might fancy a pop at them.

A tiger does not lose sleep over the opinion of sheep

Those dope smoking unemployed hippies

While agreeing with the general sentiments of your post, I feel the need to point out that it doesn't do to stereotype, I have been called a 'hippy' (although it's not a label I would put on myself), and there are a few of us who use 'herbal painkillers' to allow us a full day in the field, and I don't expect to ever be able to go out to work again. The worst of the antis are po faced men in suits and are employed in government departments.

"Some people hear their inner voices with such clarity that they live by what they hear, such people go crazy, but they become legends"

No most certainy not! Most of the Foxs killed havnt done a great deal wrong other than live their lives as nature intended! unlike the majority of youths that are killed in London these days.Rather naieve if you think they are all inocent victims.Im not kiddng ether.

Its far to easy to go to the extremes here with animals. No they arnt humans and shouldnt be attributed with human emotions,rights etc but then again we shouldnt abuse then either.Especialy not just "because we can".

I am not qualifed to speak about a need for killing any animal that is regarded by farmers etc as vermin.They are the ones with the experence so they should be left to decide.Im not experenced with hunting with dogs either.I always thought it cruel but some of the information Ive read on here has made me reaise I might be wrong.I say might as ultimately woud want to make the decission based on my own experience and not on some one elses who may have a vested interest.

The whoe killing thing though is something very few can really claim to know about uness they have done it.Ths includes the killing of people as well as annimals. I personally having had experience of both think that there is no difference between the two! its a down to whether the act of taking the life was justfied/necessary.

Some say that its ok to kill animals for "enjoyment" as long as they are vermin /need to be killed...does this mean an executioner or soldier should "enjoy" killing?

Ok to kill a dog attacking you or someone else but not a human doing the same? Why should a bad human be treated any different to a bad animal or a good animal not afforded the same consideratons as a good human! But how far should we take this simpe ideal? ony eat "bad" cows!

You see where all this theorising can go?

Are anglers (my self included) hypocrites and just "kidding" ourselves that fishing (catch and release) is ok because we see the fish swim off "apparently unharmed" and dont actually see the ones that do die? Its not cruel because we dont want to believe its cruel? If you coud hunt with stun or tranquiliser ammo would we find that more acceptable? The "body count" was why I stopped shooting,

At least the hunters/killers amongst us are honest (interestingly enough in my recent "what If" thread it was the same people (in generall) who admitted that a kill all policy wouldnt stop them fishing)

Such a difficult subject to even sum up my own thoughts on. Its been interesting reading this thread (all though the same old people think that by simply repeating their vews ad nauseum it wil change opinions!) and as said carried out in a pleasant manner.

Im for one ceratainy not so sure about my anti hunting (on cruelty grounds) stance any more.

Budgie, I live a five minute walk from young Jimmy Mizzens Frount door the memororial at the place where he died has just been taken away. just a string of crossess remain hung on the railings near where he died being held by his distraught big brother , The Kensella lad a ten minute Drive to Sidcup he was cellibrateing doing well in his Exams ,Steven lawrence's mother is a famliy friend of the the wife Stephan was an aspiring architecht,I drive past the estate that young Damelolla Taylor died some times on the way to work I think he was Ten, Ashford in miles is not much of a drive from me maybe 40 minutes But it may as well be a million miles away as far as your informed post is concerned, I live in a comunity that is blighted by the deaths of innocent teenagers, that was a very sweeping statement that you opend your post with,

Some of the youngsters (a few) are not sqeaky clean but there is no death sentance in this country but they piad it. But the MAJORITY where good kids with good parents, and were victems of mindless crime, I can not for the life of see how the Hunting of foxes has spawnd comparrisons to street killings in our Citys,

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!

You are very inapropriate. Any city, take your pick. I'm not posting any more. I don't post to fuel someones enjoyment in argueing. Go fishing mate.
I'm inappropriate? At least honest I'm and direct. I don't like to beat around the bush, if you have something to say then say it.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

I have read a few of the replies on here and o lot of you obviously thinking hunting means a lot of jolly old upper class ladies and gents riding round with a pack of hounds. Hunting in my opinion is a pursuit of a quarry. Where ever it be fish , fox, rabbit, or Game bird.

I still go ferreting and i go lamping with my friends with rifle now and again for rabbit and fox. At the end of the day I love my fishing foremost. We are all into fieldsports what ever form it takes and we are all the same boat.

Those dope smoking unemployed hippies have one victory. Whos next? I understand not all of us do other branches of pursuits. ThatS your choice. We need to be united or we will all lose what we love in the end

I think the only difference between us is that to me lamping foxes is not sport, it's a chore that has to be done from time to time, a bit like mucking out calf boxes by hand, a thankless task, but someone needs to do it.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!

Generally, it sounds like we're singing from the same song book. However, I didn't say, not did I imply, that parents can't be friends with their children. I have more fun with my lads (19 & 22), and my Mother (80) than just about with anyone else. But my lads aren't my BEST friends, neither is my Mum, I'm not theirs, and I'd be ruddy worried were it any other way.
That's fair enough, no point in arguing over something you agree with. You can be a 'bad parent' by being to strict as well as being too laid back.