angling forums

tiddlertamer

I'm with Chesters are there others???

Tony

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think to prove a point, you must visit the other sites. You WILL find some familiar names on other sites, as most on this site are members of other sites as well.

But, and it is a BIG BUT, ALL of the familiar names are HERE on A.N.

This is the head honch, the base, whatever you want to call it!!

What A.N. does, others follow!!!!

Sorry to sit on the fence, but I have to say what's right!

Edited by kleinboet

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

I think to prove a point, you must visit the other sites. You WILL find some familiar names on other sites, as most on this site are members of other sites as well.

But, and it is a BIG BUT, ALL of the familiar names are HERE on A.N.

This is the head honch, the base, whatever you want to call it!!

What A.N. does, others follow!!!!

Sorry to sit on the fence, but I have to say what's right!

Long before there was Anglersnet, there was

http://groups.google.co.uk/group/uk.rec.fi...se/topics?hl=en

Leon Roskilly View profile

More options 11 Sep 2000, 17:25

Newsgroups: uk.rec.fishing.coarse

Date: 11 Sep 2000 17:25:26 GMT

Local: Mon 11 Sep 2000 17:25

Subject: Re: elton murphy!!!

Reply to author | Forward | Print | Individual message | Show original | Report this message | Find messages by this author

In article <Gw7v5.7892$8r4.102...@news2-win.server.ntlworld.com>, "Adam

Wooldridge" <adam.wooldri...@virgin.net> writes:

>whatever happened to elton murphy?

He started his own website http://www.anglersnet.co.uk!

Then he started to believe all those press comments about 'best UK angling site

on the web'.

Then he heard that http://sea-angler.org/ was the best UK sea angling site on

the web. Of course he had to have that as well!!

I think that he's becoming an insane web/angling publishing mandarin.

I knew that something was up when he started carp fishing :-(

Latest news is that he's just caught a 20lb Catfish.

So, I guess that you will all have to go over to the Anglersnet forum to get

the latest gossip, and to read Elton's increasingly sad postings :-(

;-)

Tight Lines - leon

http://groups.google.co.uk/group/uk.rec.fi...76079bef7515489

:)

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

ROF - Well said Leon.

:lol:

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

I am in a few numbers of fishing website forums which I visit.

Anglers Net.

Uncut Fishing.

LPAA web site.

Fishing Magic.

Maggotdrowners

Pike and Predaters. (Hardly go in there now, but still there!)

Pike Forum UK.

Carp Forum UK.

plus a couple of other fishing forum which are new to me just recent

Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

http://www.bass-online.co.uk/

Carlsberg don't do angling forums ,

if they did it would probably be ANGLERSNET :D:1a::fishing::clap2:

cpranim.gif

15/06/12 PB Perch 3 lb 10 oz 03/03/11 Common Carp 23lb 6 oz 05/06/12 Sturgeon 7 lb 13 oz 06/06/12 Mirror Carp 21 lb 2 oz

09/03/13 PB PIKE 27 lb 9 ozARNO3010CustomImage1086535.gif

Hiya,

Those were the days.. eh Leon :D

I seem to remember there was a numpty on there that caught his first 20lb pike, but used all the film up in the camera taking pictures of the fight so missed out on a pic of his PB :lol:

Davy

"Skate Anglers Have Bigger Tackle"

I have been on for about two weeks my fiancee doesnt do as much for me as what the guys on anglers net do lol!!!!!!!! i am not on any other forum but thinking about joining velocity angling its a new water in the southwest owned by shane alway carp to 48 and pike to 23 check out the web site its velocityangling.co.uk season greetings

I like AN, strangely, because it is small in terms of number of posts. I spend most of my recreational time online on my other passion which is scuba diving. The diving forum (Yorkshire Divers) I use is massive and it is virtually a full time job keeping up with the number of new posts.

If I have a spare couple of hours, I'm fortunate enough to live in a place where I can go fishing, rather than sit at a computer reading/writing about it. The same can't be said for my other sport.

I also look at Fishing Magicwhich is good.

As a I said, AN is my first choice, so keep up the good work. However, I feel that the layout could do with a little updating.

Andrew

Jack Pike Hunter Extraordinaire

I have only used 2 other sites, the 1st site I became a member on was 'fishingwarehouse' no one else has mentioned this site but I really liked it and Tony Miles posts on there, so some very good discussions took place. Paul 'sussed' who I was (or my ex was) but kept it to himself as did Elton when I started to post on here. BFW was the other site I belonged to again a very good site. Both of these I rate as good sites but just don't have the time or the inclination to post elsewhere at the moment.

I found Anglersnet when seaching for sites and I thank the day that I did. When I talk about AN to friends they find it hard to understand what I am going on about. This site, as others have mentioned, has a certain kind of bond, a very strong one as far as I am concerned. The past few years have been very difficult ones for me with so many family & friends dying and getting cancer, one of the reasons I have not posted as much. My 'real' family came first. Elton mentioned 'sheep' the other day, those that have been around a while would have understood it. No one seems to mention then these days :rolleyes::o:D

I have made many friends on here over the years, good friends, ones I know would help me out if I needed it. Friends find it difficult to understand why I get upset if we loose one of our members and trying to explain that even if you have not met someone you still feel you know them, they are my virtual friends.

Most may not even know it but you have all kept me going through some very difficult times and you have rejoiced with me through good times, like my first double barbel, for that I thank you all.

To Elton, you're simply the best!!! :D

To all the mods, keep up the good work, I am glad I have been lucky enough to have met you all.

To everyone that reads this a very Happy New Year to you all. I am really looking forward to seeing a lot of you this year with the various fish-ins planned, already 4 planned for 2008! I will get the dates out for the barbel one next week.

Thanks to you all

lyn

One life, live it, love it, fish it!