Pub landlord gives 2 fingers to the smoking ban

mr motorola

Do you agree with the new ban?  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Smoking or Non-smoking? If the pubs / clubs and bingo hall managers had the choice of Smoking or Non-Smoking for their estasblishment , what would the majority vote be?

• Smoking allowed
    • No Smoking allowed

I thought the various ministers and Lords debated on a Green Paper, and after all the amendments & etc it became a White Paper and part of the law....

John, the White Paper in question was introduced in November of 2004, and 're-defined' thereafter following protests from various parties that it didn't go far enough.

Regards.

And on the eighth day God created carp fishing...and he saw that it was pukka.

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I thought the various ministers and Lords debated on a Green Paper, and after all the amendments & etc it became a White Paper and part of the law....

Green Papers

http://www.parliament.uk/about/glossary.cfm?ref=greenpa_6699

White Paper

http://www.parliament.uk/about/glossary.cfm?ref=whitepa_9927

Bills

http://www.parliament.uk/about/glossary.cfm?ref=bill_6800

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

.........and then it's recycled to make toilet paper........or is it....... ;):P

Making the most of it

Chi dorme non piglia pesci

A green paper is a discussion document which looks at legislation which the government of the day is considering.

A white paper is the initial discussion document for a bill which the government plans to introduce into parliament as a bill

A bill is debated in the two houses of parliament, and when it has finished this process, taken with any amendments introduced in parliament, and approved by parliament it then receives royal assent, and becomes an act of parliament.

royal assent - despite the name is notified to the houses of parliament by either the Speaker of the House (commons) or the Lord speaker (lords). The monarch has not personally given royal assent since 1854. The last time royal assent was refused was 1707. It is now very doubtful that the Monarch could refuse.

Nick

...life

what's it all about...?

The monarch has not personally given royal assent since 1854.

Her Maj was still working at nearly 7 o'clock at night? Not bad for an 80 year-old. ;)

And on the eighth day God created carp fishing...and he saw that it was pukka.

Cheers Nick, and thanks for the links Leon, explains everything :)

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.

I had just finished this and lost the lot!

Wordbender - may I show how ridiculous your posts sound?

"They are not being SENT outside, they are required to go outside because they want to indulge in something that affects everyone around them."

That was regarding smokers and you were being a wordsmith again, to show you I will paraphrase that so you can hear how stupid it sounds

Prisoners are not being SENT to jail, they are required to go to jail because they want to indulge in somethingthat affects everyone around them! (I wasn't aware that SMOKING was illegal!)

You stated the following:

1. You claimed I said that a white paper was a done deal. Where? Totally untrue

2. You claimed I said there were "hordes of informants waiting on street corners to dob in innocent smokers. Where? Apart from the fact that smoking in the open air is LEGAL! Totally untrue

3. You claimed that I invent "overheard Protests" from none smokers??? :blink::blink:Totally untrue

You claim I ACCUSED non-smokers of condoning the deaths of smokers! What I did was give you a worst case scenario of what COULD happen, so. UNTRUE

Now let's have the truth!

Edited by kleinboet

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

I had just finished this and lost the lot!

Wordbender - may I show how ridiculous your posts sound?

"They are not being SENT outside, they are required to go outside because they want to indulge in something that affects everyone around them."

That was regarding smokers and you were being a wordsmith again, to show you I will paraphrase that so you can hear how stupid it sounds

Prisoners are not being SENT to jail, they are required to go outside because they want to indulge in somethingthat affects everyone around them! (I wasn't aware that SMOKING was illegal!)

You stated the following:

1. You claimed I said that a white paper was a done deal. Where? Totally untrue

2. You claimed I said there were "hordes of informants waiting on street corners to dob in innocent smokers. Where? Apart from the fact that smoking in the open air is LEGAL! Totally untrue

3. You claimed that I invent "overheard Protests" from none smokers??? :blink::blink:Totally untrue

You claim I ACCUSED non-smokers of condoning the deaths of smokers! What I did was give you a worst case scenario of what COULD happen, so. UNTRUE

Now let's have the truth!

kleinboet

No matter how much you deny it no-one is being sent outside.

Everyone is very welcome to stay inside. It's just that if someone chooses to smoke then for the sake of the health of everyone else around them they are not permitted to smoke within a public ly accessible building.

It is a simple truth that you try and ignore time and time again.

Nick

...life

what's it all about...?

Nick - No-one forces drug ADDICTS Whether it be Heroin, Cocaine or whatever, to use them but they still use them don't they? That is just the point! Cigarette smoking IS addictive - ask any one of these 'experts'

So a throwaway line like "no-one is being sent outside" is utter nonsense and you know it!

Look at what the government is doing to try and HELP those who wish to stop smoking!

Why don't the non-smokers see that fact?

Yes it is "a simple truth" but made harder by the holier-than-thou attitude taken more by "born again" non-smokers and non-smokers alike!