Salami

ayjay

It's more like Chorizo con garbanzos but without the garbanzos :)

cocida madrileña :lol: (but with no chickpeas) i love all the older traditional recipies.

im lucky living in a little village,with almost all spanish,the old "abuelas" are always asking me in for a meal. :thumbs::lol:

Salami is traditionally made with horse meat, which has never really caught on in this country. Funnily enough, there is or was a butcher in the town where I live, who was one of only two in the whole country that were licensed to sell horse meat. I can't remember ever seeing it advertised though. I suppose he had customers who used to go in and ask for "the special stuff".

English as tuppence, changing yet changeless as canal water, nestling in green nowhere, armoured and effete, bold flag-bearer, lotus-fed Miss Havishambling, opsimath and eremite, feudal, still reactionary, Rawlinson End.

A few years ago during our annual skiing holiday I had the following experience. I had just came back to the chalet after my early morning ski lesson. I arrived just a few minutes after my (French) mother-in-law had arrived back from the market with various 'saucisson-sec' to try. I had about half of a pork one with some crusty bread when I spied this other saucisson. It had a little hand-written label on it. The label read "Saucisson à l'âne". I carved a bit off, ripped of another chunk of bread and proceeded to tuck in. That little word 'Âne' kept worming around in my head, I should know what it meant, but it just would not come. In desparation I called over to my son, "Hey, Will!" I cried, "What's 'âne' in English?" He looked at over at me, feigning disbelief, the old boy should really know that word. "I think it's donkey" he said. He was right, I was eating donkey sausage and it was good. It's still my favourite saucisson.

BTW Newt, I reckon you are right about the Brits and food. Anything that actually has a taste will not do with the traditionalist. I like things with strong flavours; anchovies, blue cheeses, black olives, fish roe and tapenade are all stuff I love.

Ive eaten a sausage called Jhesus (sp) wich is donkey and its not bad but I would not worry if I never had it again Donkeys are far more fun on Blackpool beach than they are in a sandwich.

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!

Most traditional French cuisine is nothing to get excited about though Steve, the only two European native cuisines to get excited about are Spanish and Italian to my mind.

You have yet agian hit the nail sqaurley on the head old boy :)

although some of the french peasant quisine is notible ( get away from the restaunts and get someones mum to cook for you ) and of course the portugise gift with fish.

every one is always ready to knock British Food has any one eaten in Germany :whistling:

Edited by five bellies

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!

Is it significant that they have so many dishes ending in 'wurst'?

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Is it significant that they have so many dishes ending in 'wurst'?

And beginning in 'Brat'....

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.

I rest my Case:lol:

انا آكل كل الفطائر